parking fine

dave godfrey
Hi, does anyone know how long you have to be "observed" before you can be issued a parking fine?

Thanks

Dave

Re: parking fine

confused of hornchurch

It would depend on the specific circumstances.

No parking fine if you overstay by just 10 minutes: New law next month will give you extra time before wardens pounce
•Drivers complain about being hit with a penalty just as their ticket expires
•Now they will be given a 'grace period' for off and on-street council parking
•Rules will apply to cars in pay-and-display bays or spaces with time limits
•CCTV camera cars that automatically issue fines are to be made illegal too
•Eric Pickles and Patrick McLoughlin vowing to end 'war on the motorist'

By James Chapman, Political Editor for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:00, 5 March 2015  | Updated: 00:50, 6 March 2015

Drivers are to get ten minutes extra time after a parking ticket runs out before they can be hit with a fine.

Under a change in the law to take effect within weeks, they will have the right to a ‘grace period’ in all on-street or off-street council parking places.

For decades, drivers have complained of returning to their cars moments after a ticket expires to find a prowling warden has already hit them with a penalty.
.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2981794/10-minute-let-avoid-parking-ticket-month-new-law-let-overstay-meter-without-fine.html#ixzz3r5fJ6rgu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
Don't know but there is a ten min grace period before P C N can be issued on parking meters
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
All of what C O H is now in force as from end of April
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

Hello Dave
I'm not a regular driver but they can pounce at any time. My wife has been fined for stopping allegedly on lines etc and been on the spot for just a couple of minutes. I don't think there is any time limit just watch out for the snoops.

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
dalek i hope she appealed it don't sound right to me certainly if she didn't get out
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

The 10 mins 'grace period'.

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
Yes and the ban on cctv cars except at bus stops bus lanes zig zags but they are now using them for so called moving traffic offences
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

confused of hornchurch

I think the council call it "maximising revenue".

Some people would call it daylight robbery.

Re: parking fine

She did and the ticket was cancelled. As hard as it seems it was in Colchester not here. and it was an emergency as my little'n needed to spend a penny. A bit of fair play in Colchester unlike here.

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
Spot on when they used the scum car, they nicked a woman that stopped to see to her child who she thought was choking in the back seat, I suppose they may have cancelled it if the child had died but who knows with this lot
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

dave godfrey
it was in a resident permit zone, just got out the car to get a scratch card from her mums house, by the time she got back out she had a ticket, on the ticked it says observed from 9.53 to 9.53 not even a whole minute!!

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
Challenge it that sounds wrong to me not even enough time to get visitors permit I thought once the scam car was gone they would start to behave themselves take it to the outside people PETCA ?
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

dalek1
The problem as far as I can see it is twofold. 1 Its a massive cash cow for our friends in the fortress of doom  and they use scare tactics with threats of court etc to make folk pay up. 2 No disrespect to anyone but too many people will not put up resistance and will pay out of fear of being prosecuted. How many they do prosecute is another matter. If more folk resisted the fines through all legal appeals then Havering might realise a cash cow becomes an administrative nightmare as they would be spending more time dealing with appeals than doing their work. Press them on everything and when they don't answer its more power to you. Your case Dave sounds like a complete joke. Hopefully it will be Havering laughing the other side of their faces.

Re: parking fine

dave godfrey
thanks eveyone, im going to appeal as soon as i get home

Re: parking fine

dalek1
Best of luck Dave.
Regards

D1

Re: parking fine

Romfordian
And ask them for the forms for     Parking and Traffic Appeals Service
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: parking fine

Percy.
Southend council have wardens that help.I had no change and the credit card machine would not work.The warden asked which was my car and I showed him.He said do not worry I will not be back for two hours get a ticket later.

Re: parking fine

dalek1
Just like our wardens eh Perc.

Re: parking fine

I stopped for enough time for my wife to get in the car and got a fine.