local fox hunt

confused of hornchurch

It's friendly and won't bite.

Gidea Park family issue heartfelt plea for return of sentimental ‘Mr Fox’ ornament stolen on Friday
PUBLISHED: 13:06 09 October 2017 | UPDATED: 13:06 09 October 2017
Matthew Clemenson   Romford Recorder

The three-foot high statue, lovingly named Mr Fox by the White family, has been missing since Friday. Photo: Peter White
A Gidea Park grandmother has been left “devastated” after a much-loved family ornament that stood in her porch for 15 years was stolen on Friday.

The three-foot tall, hand-painted fox has stood in the White family porch in Brook Road, Gidea Park, since Penny White – who collects vulpine ornaments as her maiden name is Fox – rescued it from a charity shop.
But on Friday the family noticed the fox, which is clothed in a bright red jacket and wears a top hat, had disappeared.
Mother-of-three Penny, who recently celebrated her 70th birthday and has six grandchildren, told the Recorder the fox meant more to her family than it could possibly mean to anyone else.
She said: “I know it’s only a statue and it might seem a bit silly but I’ve had it for almost 15 years and it’s always been there – it’s got so much sentimental value.
“All my family have gotten quite upset over it – I told my grandkids about it and my youngest said ‘but nanny, why would anyone take him?’
“I had to tell him I didn’t know, ‘just some nasty man,’ I said.”
Penny and her husband Herbert left their home at around 1pm on Friday afternoon, and despite no-one realising Mr Fox was missing until Saturday morning, they believe the ornament must have been stolen before their return that night.
The police have been involved, but Penny doesn’t hold out much hope of being reunited with the statue.
Penny’s son Peter, who now lives in Australia, contacted the Recorder from half the world away to issue an appeal for Mr Fox’s return.
He said: “My mum’s absolutely devastated that somebody has taken this fox from the porch of our house – it’s very, very unique, she hand painted it herself, so there aren’t any others in the world like this one.
“People out there will have seen it, and if they have we just want it back.
“If it is just a bunch of kids who have taken it for a laugh then that’s fine, if it suddenly turns up back outside our door or in the porch then no harm done.”

Re: local fox hunt

John Green dunnit.

Re: local fox hunt

Re: local fox hunt

confused of hornchurch

Very nice, but that's not the one we're looking for.

Re: local fox hunt

Who's John Green?

Re: local fox hunt

bellend
he's looking for alaska

Re: local fox hunt

Drunkard, cheat, tendency to tell porkies. Works in a garage near Chelmsford - you can tell from the smell what he does for a living. This episode is the sort of thing he'd get up to after a night on the beer.

Re: local fox hunt

bellend
o dear naming civilians

Re: local fox hunt

He'll regard being named as a badge of honour.

Re: local fox hunt

Did he work for Havering council by any chance?
His name rings a bell from the not too distant past.

Re: local fox hunt

Not that I know of. I'll ask next time I see him.

Re: local fox hunt

The Chelmsford John Green has never worked for Havering or any other council. However, a quick google search shows that there is a senior officer at Havering council who's also called John Green. Maybe that's the root of any confusion.