june 8th

bellend
bring it on.

Re: june 8th

Phil Wailing
There is no effective opposition to this government now and there will be even less on June 9th, that said, I do happen to agree with Theresa May that it cannot carry on as it is.

The down side is it could have the reverse effect of what she is trying to achieve.

World is quite interesting at the moment with a loony in North Korea, a loony in the White House, a loony in Turkey, a gangster in Russia and 650 loonies in the House of Commons and 850 loonies in the House of Lords.

Give it another few months and there will be a loony in the Elysee Palace and a new loony in Berlin, the EU and its euro will fall apart and another 250,000 economic migrants will arrive from north Africa.

Interesting init.

Re: june 8th

Ho-Hum
We do have surprises BUT I cannot see one this time.  The Labour and Lib/Dems leaders are comparative lightweights to muscles May.

The local question is....will the MP for Hornchurch and Upminster emerge from her cave to run again?

She cannot keep putting that 25 years old photo on her mail shots, can she?

Re: june 8th

Percy
They have her picture in the attic she will just be a bit paler having been taken out of her coffin earlier than expected.I am buying more garlic.

Re: june 8th

Well if Labour do get thumped as the pundits recon it gives them a chance to dump Corbyn and start to regroup but under who?
Strange as it might seem I actually agree with a number of his policies such as kicking out the private sector  from the NHS Education Transport and so on but sorry a remnant of the old Trotskyite left is not what we need long term and we sure don't need another little crook like Bliar.
No Labours best option is something in the middle perhaps a Harold Wilson type.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in Scotland and we can see if the great divider Sturgeon is still as popular or if she gets a pasting. Hopefully for GB's sake the latter.

Re: june 8th

Ho-Hum
Most Tory 'Remainers' will probably still support their leader.  Other 'Remainers' are likely to jump on the Lib/Dem band wagon.  Many Labour 'Leave' backers will possibly jump ship and vote Conservative, which all in all leaves Corbyn up the creek without a paddle.  Shame that.

Tim Fallon, in my view, is animated by batteries and would be a piece of dead wood without an electrical charge.  The way he yaps, I always feel like shouting...."Take his batteries out, pleeeeze!"

Re: june 8th

Ho-Hum
Who will I vote for....Let's see who's standing first, eh?

Re: june 8th

dalek1
I'm sure you'll be voting for the lovely Ange HH.
Cant resist her can you!

Re: june 8th

I'm growing Garlic at the moment Perc.
Good idea when Rosser puts his election appearance in down my road.

Re: june 8th

dalek1
Old Blake-Herbert 'll be rubbing his hands together.
Another near 8,500 smackers for watching the counting and announcing the result.
I'd like to thank the returning officer and so would all the poor sods he's reduced their wages by 5%.

Re: june 8th

No matter who gets in they will still be governing without a mandate from the whole or majority of the British people.
If the current polls are anything to go by then whoever wins does so with only 43% of the national vote.
And thats demockracy!
Oh and we'll still have a bunch of old unelected farts running the second chamber and an unelected head of state.

Re: june 8th

bellend
will European money back the liberals?

Re: june 8th

Ho-Hum
It would be a disgrace if that happened bearing in mind the UK is still donating to the EU pot....Be a bit like the English Tory Party offering financial aid to the Scottish Nationalists, ennit?

Re: june 8th

Er not sure they can take donations from overseas however there's nothing to stop a foreign individual or group channelling money into a UK subsidiary or conglomerate and passing it onto a UK political group.
This is the overview from the Electoral Commission for what its worth.
http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/102263/to-donations-rp.pdf

Re: june 8th

dalek1
Oh this could be true.

Rainham MP says Tory expenses fraud investigation lies behind Theresa May’s election decision

An MP has accused the prime minster of “flip flopping” over her decision to call a snap general election on June 8.

Jon Cruddas MP for Dagenham and Rainham spoke to the Recorder after MPs backed Theresa May’s early poll by a margin of 522 votes to 13 in the House of Commons on Wednesday.

In Tuesday’s announcement Mrs May said she had concluded that only way to guarantee certainty and security for the country was to hold an early election.

Mr Cruddas said: “I voted to have the election and I am looking forward to it.

“But let’s call it as it is. There is no need for it. We should be getting on with Brexit and we have the mandate to do that from the referendum.

“The election is not on a point of principle it is just a flip flop by Mrs May having ruled it out for months for opportunistic reasons.”

Mr Cruddas says this lies behind the Crown Prosecution Service’s (CPS) investigation into alleged Tory expenses fraud during the 2015 election.

The CPS is deciding whether to press charges over allegations that Conservative candidates, who are now MPs, did not properly declare their expenses two years ago.

“The CPS’ plans would end the Tory majority,” Mr Cruddas said.

But Romford MP Andrew Rosindell backed the prime minster and said the decision was not for political reasons.

“She wasn’t prime minster at the time of the elections and she’s seeking her own mandate,” he said.

“We don’t have a strong majority or most importantly a clear five-years to get the very best negotiation with the EU.

“If she just pops in, the European Union will play games and we could end up with something we don’t want.

“With a clear five years ahead she’s not under pressure and won’t have a tiny majority to put in obstacles to prevent her doing what she wants to do.

A spokeswoman for Hornchurch and Upminster MP Dame Angela Watkinson said she also backs the prime minister, although she has announced plans to step down.

Out of 102 voters who took part in a Recorder poll, 59 per cent agreed with the decision to hold a snap general election as opposed to 31pc who said no and 10pc who were unsure.

Sixty-eight per cent plan to vote the same as they did in 2015’s election, and 50pc say they will vote Conservative, 25pc Labour, 11pc Lib Dems and 4pc Ukip.

Re: june 8th

Percy
Wait and see I think this will be the last nail in the coffin of opinion polls.I got caught and asked questions for a poll did I tell the truth?Do pigs fly?

Re: june 8th

bellend
Is that right police officers earn abbott £8,000 pa?

Re: june 8th

Percy
I see the people of Hornchurch will have the exciting opportunity to vote for Rocky Gill.

 Hornchurch and Upminster – Rocky Gill

Re: june 8th

Percy
Well it looks like apathy won again less than 30% turnout no tactical voting .Looks like Brexit and immigration were the only victors.

Re: june 8th