ice rink swiming pool

bellend
opening in april, £410 per year to join + ? parking enjoy.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

Ho-Hum
S'pose if you walked to the rink/swimming pool and used the facility 365 days annually it's not too bad, apart from that it's far too slippery.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

Is that for a family or just one person?

Re: ice rink swiming pool

I see old Wallace is filling his boots before the next election when he and the rest of his Tory cohorts will be kissing goodbye to their over inflated allowances. First trying to steamroller the Go Ape thing through at Bedfords park now 410 smackers membership six notes a time to use and parking.
His only problem there is there is only one council car park near by Gresham road and that only opens at weekends.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

confused of hornchurch

The council prefer it if people park in the street and they can collect £120 per vehicle otherwise they would have built the pool somewhere that could have provided spaces for parking/coaches etc.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

OLD CODGER
How much money will the council actually receive when it is open (another election ploy look at we have done for you) as the complex is run by an external company which has to make a profit. Did the council not close the old rink and sell the land  to Waitrose and they paid for the new rink.
Where will coaches park.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

confused of hornchurch

I'm curious about the signage, will it be Havering fitness centre in partnership with fitness first or will it read fitness first in association with Havering council or will Havering council get no mention?

Re: ice rink swiming pool

Well as boy White boasted in a residents meeting last year we have a brand new state of the art leisure centre which didn't cost us a penny but forgot to mention we gave up the same value in land to Morrisons who promptly offloaded it to a development company aka more luxury slums and more council tax poured into their coffers.
I see your point about a little election sweetener for the Havering public but dont you think by now the people of this borough are beginning to see through all that?

Re: ice rink swiming pool

In answer to your question of where will coaches park the answer is............nowhere!
The only place a coach could get in is Como street and that's going to accommodate more luxury slums and its a fair walk to the centre.
I'm guessing you have school parties in mind.
Well one unworkable option is to put down in the bus lane so our delightful traffic wardens can slap a nice £120 a time ticket on them.
Trebles all round boys!

Re: ice rink swiming pool

Phil Wailing
Cllr Ramsey signed off Como Street car park for disposal.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

Another "officers' recommendation"? Does the old fool know what he's doing?

Re: ice rink swiming pool

it's the dolphin pool all over again, no coach's no use to schools.

Re: ice rink swiming pool

confused of hornchurch

What about the roof, will this one leak as well?