ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Council Witness
How did ex-Havering Conservative Councillor Robby Misir get such a well-paid job at Labour-controlled Barking & Dagenham Council ?  He is listed as Transport & Facilities Manager at Barking & Dagenham Council on around £50,000 a year !  Was he any good as a councillor can anyone remember ? What are his credentials as a transport manager exactly ?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robby-misir-1294b526

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Phil Wailing
Robby Misir is a serving councillor in Pettits Ward and is the chair or Regulatory Services for Planning.

He is employed by both the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham and The Metropolitan Police.

He also receives £24,626 a year of our council tax in the form of "Allowances".

http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=139

http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=139&T=6

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Percy
More signs of the Boroughs amalgamating.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

A man can't work for two masters (let alone three)

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Phil Wailing
When councillor White was leader he told me that being a councillor was a full time job.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

confused of hornchurch

I think he lived in a fantasy world.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Ho-Hum
So many of them are dirty buggers....Surely the reason to be a councillor is to be public spirited....self interest should not exist.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Council Witness
to Phil Wailing,

Sorry my mistake about Councillor Robby Misir please accept my apologies.  I didn't think it was allowed for a serving councillor (an active politician) to get jobs in other councils especially when they are controlled by another political party.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Lorraine Moss
Serving Cllr's can work for other local authorities but  they are not allowed to be an employee of LBH.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

No problem CW - Cllr Misir is one of my 3 councillors, unfortunately one of the others is Dervish.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Nice to know we have such principled men on our council!
I'm sure the fine upstanding councillors three jobs position has nothing at all to do with his membership of the equally fine upstanding apron and funny handshake brigade.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Your wrong there. He's not in my lodge and his name isn't on the list.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

He is a member of the GMB union.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Check his Facebook page out.
I've no idea what lodge he belongs to but looking the page  belongs to something very much like the masons.

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

A Tory councillor and a union member.
Did he support his fellow members against Ramsey and Blake-Herberts plan to slash 5% off their salaries.
Did he show solidarity and say he'd take a 5% cut in his over inflated allowances.
Did he condemn his fellow Tory councillor on the night of the protest against the solar joke behaving like a thug and pushing a woman and child to the ground.
Answer no!

Re: ex-Havering Councillor Robby Misir

Don't worry Phil.
Only nine months to the LE's.
If the electorate in your ward get the truth about Dervish Misir and whatever other time waster Tory you have in your area then we might have decent government in our borough.
The only problem we have is Barrett and the rest of his stooges.
Dislodging them might split the vote in the Tories favour.