cheap labour

bellend
another low blow for this PC ridden excuse for a party created by the british working class, keep in Europe but call it brexit, it seems they are for everyone provided they ain't English.

Re: cheap labour

Percy
Wait for conference but I suspect its just a short term ploy.Most of the party are in favour of Brexit.

Re: cheap labour

confused of hornchurch

The electorate don't take kindly to 'short-term ploys'.

I think they would prefer to hear the truth for once, so they can vote with certainty.

Re: cheap labour

Percy
A week in politics etc and the majority of the electorate have no idea what they are voting for they follow the Sun or the Mail.

Re: cheap labour

fred
Thankfully they do,really don't fancy the magic money tree man running the country.

Re: cheap labour

Ho-Hum
In dreams everything can come true Fred, it's  when it's time to smell the coffee that reality sets in.

Corbyn reminds me of the man who will fight anybody when he's drunk but when sober can't lift his hands up.

Re: cheap labour

Percy you vote on the manifesto put forward by each political party only to find out the manifesto's are written by Enid Blyton.

As for the EU referendum, not even the government knew what they were getting into. Anyone that says they knew what they were voting for, be that leave or remain, is being economical with the truth. Everyone I have spoken to couldn't give a toss about the EU, they voted to stop uncontrolled immigration.

Re: cheap labour

Ho-Hum
I speak to people who are not bothered about the consequences and say lets walk anyway.  Many people just want to escape from the EU chains at any cost.  To be honest, I'm one of them.

Re: cheap labour

Phil Wailing
Apart from my son and daughter my entire family live in EU countries, Spain, Holland and Germany.

My sister has lived in Germany since 1978 and has 4 kids with German passports but her passport and her husbands are UK. My other family in Spain and Holland also hold UK passports. What is their status if we just walk away?

Re: cheap labour

What was their status before we joined the EU?

My view is if they are an asset and not a burden to their adopted countries they should be welcomed to carry on as they are now.  Also, in my view, the same should apply to anybody living in the UK.  Countries should be allowed to choose who they want or don't want on their shores.

For my part I do not want rapists, murderes, gangs of pickpockets and the like abusing our nation and our ways. Nor do I want unelected burro rats from another part of the globe telling me how to lead my life.

Re: cheap labour

Phil Wailing
In a democracy we have to accept what the majority voted for.

In 1970 the British people voted for Ted Heath and in 1973 he took us into the European Economic Community.

In 1975 the British people voted for Harold Wilson and he held an IN/OUT referendum on the EEC and the people voted to remain IN

In 1990 the people voted for John Major and in 1992 he signed the Single European Act.

In 1997 the people voted for Blair and he was replace by Gordon Brown in 2007. He didn't sign the Lisbon treaty, he sent David Miliband to sign it for him.

Whether you like it or not, it's what the majority have voted for.

My sisters status up to the free movement agreement was foreign national and had to get a work permit to work in Germany. The rest of my family that live in Holland and Spain moved after the Lisbon Treaty was signed and had the right to live and work in any other member state, that treaty also covers my sister.

What happens to them when we are no longer members of the EU?

Re: cheap labour

bellend
brexit light means remain, so I guess they carry on as though nothing has happened. deMOCKERY is what we have.

PS> I place it in capitals so even mick can see it's a play on words.

Re: cheap labour

Phil Wailing
If Cameron had even dreamt the British people would vote to leave he would never have called a referendum.

He called the EU referendum for two reasons:

1) The Tories are split down the middle on the issue and always have been.

2) He was terrified of Farage and the gains UKIP were making.

Re: cheap labour

bellend
agreed, what is done is done. but the powerful are racking their remaining brain cells to undoit.

Re: cheap labour

Phil Wailing
To quote the Eagles, Hotel California.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

To walk away from the EU negotiations would be political and economic suicide and 27 Prime Ministers and Presidents know that.

You will get what they let you have and that won't be much.

Because my family live in 3 EU countries I am getting their take on Brexit and what the German, Dutch and Spanish are saying and it doesn't bode well for us, especially Spain, they can't wait for us to leave.

You may think the Spanish love you and yes they do if you are on holiday and going home after 2 weeks.

Their resentment of ex-pats knows no bounds.

Re: cheap labour

bellend
to make it a little less complicated, or at least the way I see what's going on, at the moment we have an unelected administration who believe in open borders and do just what they want and we voted to swop them for an elected administration who believe in open borders and do just what they want.

Re: cheap labour

UKIP only diminished after the referendum vote was successful to leave EU.  UKIP would have grown in my view and might yet again after Labour's recent debacle regarding the issue of leave/remain.

UKIP had become a threat to Both Tory and Labour getting an overall parliamentary majority.  Cameron thought he would win a Remain vote as May thought she would trounce Corbyn in the General Election.  Neither was to be, of course.

The way UKIP was on the move before the referendum Cameron had little choice but to take the EU question to the electorate.  My desire was for UKIP adherents to stick with the party.  However, many thought the battle was won without any mopping up to be done.

With a strong UKIP voice on the political EU scene the unelected Euro-rats would be more compliant.
I absolutely have no desire to stay in the EU.  In my view, we should be making more and stronger demands in the debates regarding the divorce.  We should be saying, "take it or leave it," and not be pandering to the blaggards.

Re: cheap labour

General elections are never held on single issues.Its nouse saying we voted for aparty then saying they did anything the electorate are and have been always ill informed ,tribal or plain apathetic.

Re: cheap labour

Phil Wailing
My only recollection of the last general election was a completely wooden woman repeating endlessly "strong and stable" and a chancellor that was locked in a cupboard and not allowed out.

It was the most pathetic election campaign I have ever witnessed.

The problem with politics in Britain is no one, but no one, believes a single word that comes out of their mouths and for very good reason. Nothing they ever say is true. Theresa May is more superficial than David Cameron and more dishonest than Tony Blair.

Mrs May, who failed to turn up for a public ­showdown with the Labour leader, ran a campaign riddle with U-turns, lies and broken promises. As Yvette Cooper said: “You can’t believe a single word she says.”

Seven times since becoming Prime Minister Mrs May promised she would not call a snap ­election, to quote her.

“It’s right that the next general election is in 2020." It’s about what is right for the country. I think an early general election would introduce a note of instability for people.”

She called a general election and was humiliated.

Immigration, social care, the NHS, corporate executives pay, the list is endless. Not one word out of that womans mouth can be believed.

The point of UKIP (United Kingdom Independence Party) was to achieve independence from the European Union. They are still there as UKIP, the question I ask is why?

Re: cheap labour

Percy
Yes I told Nigel he should have changed the party into the great reform party.Reform Parliament bring in adifferent method of counting votes.Reform parliament get rid of its old institutions.Reform the Lords turn it into an elected upper house and reform councils by getting rid of part time amateurs.There is lots of work to do.