You've got to laugh.

Phil Wailing
Look at the small print, bottom right.

Re: You've got to laugh.

That's the latest government scheme, to show youngsters the value of work. Get them young and train them to be one of Cameron's "strivers"

Re: You've got to laugh.

Percy
Yet another opportunity to employ pensioners at a reduced rate of pay.I wondered what we could do in the winter after the fruit had been picked.

Re: You've got to laugh.

confused of hornchurch

A lot of them would be in hospital with dodgy backs. Then they would be accused of being a burden on the NHS.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Percy
No chance of being a burden on the NHS in Newham.My father despite a long long list of ailments and living on his own was thrown out of Newham last week with no care plan no medication information no assesment of needs.I have spent all morning trying to get him some care plan.

Re: You've got to laugh.

confused of hornchurch

So it would be unrealistic to expect him to pick fruit?

Re: You've got to laugh.

Percy
Not without him vomiting on it or messing it in other ways.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Well thats what happens to old servicemen Perc. The country shits all over them.
My old Dad who passed away 31 years ago suffered most of later life with Tinnitus caused by a blow from a rifle received severe shrapnel wounds and died in his mid sixties as a result had his war pension removed in 1948 but appealed as a result of our very helpful GP and got it back and backdated from when it was stopped. And who can remember what Churchill said after WW1. "I'll make this a land fit for heroes".
Yeah great coming from the man who looked at a weeks rations and said how can people live on this for a day.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Percy
Yes fought in Okinawa the philipines then the Japanese home Islands.Stood in Nagasaki the few days after the bomb dropped.Fought the communist chinese.Then watched the nuclear bombs explode wearing his shorts.What does it say in Blade runner.'Time to Die'.

Re: You've got to laugh.

From Haverings newsletter.

Dogs must be chipped by Wednesday 6 April
Dogs Trust microchipping
If you own a dog a new law means it must be micro-chipped before Wednesday 6 April.

You can get your dog micro-chipped by The Dog’s Trust on  Thursday 24 March, 11am - 3pm, at Kingsbridge Circus, Harold Hill, RM3 8PB.

Well its good enough for dogs (my dog is) its good enough for Havering councillors and MP's.
Now wouldn't that be funny if Rosser the Dame Ramsey and Eagling were all chipped.
Oh yes Mr Rosindell thats where you were on that Tuesday night in October last year.
He He.

Re: You've got to laugh.

confused of hornchurch

Citizen chipping is coming, but MPs, councillors and Euro MPs will be exempt.

Any citizens refusing to be chipped will be issued with a £130 fixed penalty, reduced to £65 if paid within 14 days.

Re: You've got to laugh.

This aint funny dalek1 but it's what happens.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Ho-Hum
Mind the gap!  Tidy little parking space for a happy motorist, eh?  (Sunrise Avenue Hornchurch).

Re: You've got to laugh.

confused of hornchurch

I couldn't possibly use it as I always follow the advice in the highway code:

Parking near junctions (Rule 243) being one piece of advice stating: ‘DO NOT stop or park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space’.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Regrettably HH this fella's not the only one.
A guy asked me for some money the other day telling me just that story.
I duly obliged.
Fight and put your life on the line and get shafted by the country.
Come here claiming asylum and get lorded then moan about what a terrible place it is.

Re: You've got to laugh.

Ho-Hum
EU referendum: Brexit campaign has the edge, says Telegraph poll....Who knew telegraph poles could talk, eh?

Re: You've got to laugh.

dalek1
Oh dear HH someones been reading the Little and Large joke book!

Re: You've got to laugh.

OLD CODGER
Would the pensioners picking fruit be a Plum job and the apple of the eye to their family if they bought some of the fruit home.
Typical conservative MP is he Bananas.

Re: You've got to laugh.

dalek1
Oh dear oh dear!