You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Lorraine Moss
Mcdowells Pie and Mash shop in High St Romford are now doing a delivery service.  There have been many posts on this forum about pie and mash and I think most of us are big fans.  I went to one of the Mayors charity events at Mcdowells a few months ago and the food was lovely.

See https://www.facebook.com/pages/Romford-Pie-Mash-New-delivery-service/1445694352359783?pnref=story

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

bellend
and a nice bowl of eels

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Percy.
What happened to the winkle man? used to come every Sunday.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

GAZZER
Pervert...lol

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

bellend
perverted or not I used to like a winkle sandwich for my tea on a sunday, am I awful.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Maynez6
Woah! That’s good news! I would love to get such things delivered to my place. I get so lazy sometimes that I am also thinking of taking help of medical courier Dallas services for dropping meds at my place. Anyways, it felt amazing after reading this post. I am so happy!

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Council Witness
Pie and Mash is ridiculously overpriced - it used to be a cheap option

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Council Witness
Over £5 for 1 pie and mash - no way !!

OVER £5 for pie and mash !! Get Knotted !!

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Arments in Westmoreland Rd Walworth SE 5 and Manzes in Peckham Hill St SE 15 also imo the best of the lot Manzes in Tower Bridge Rd Bermondsey SE 1 all do mail order Pie & Mash If the local one isn’t to your taste.
Enjoy, brain food.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Ok so what takeaway is cheap?
I only have takeaways a couple of times a month and try and get anything for less than a fiver unless its piss pore fried chicken and soggy chips!
Chinese Indian takeaways at least a fiver a head a decent portion of cod and chips about the same likewise kebabs.
Mrs D1 bought chinese for me herself and Little Miss D1 and it came to about a score and on a recent trip to Romford market an old boy at one of the wet fish stalls bought a few prawns cockles mussels and whelks and it came to over 17 quid.
No pie and mash in real terms is about the same as all the others.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Well pie and mash started your side of the river Fred and then migrated over our side.
Sadly not many left in the old east end Kellys in Bethnal Green road still going but the other famous one Cook's in Dalston now a Chinese.
One thing Romford has going for it is two pie and mash shops still thriving.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

never mind we'll soon be getting our fish from the north sea again, as soon as we give back northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

dalek1
Hopefully and thieving common market trawlers can piss off out of our waters back to their own.
Hopefully another industry revived thanks to Brexit!

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Yes mate Cookes’ in the Cut went the same way,the one in Walthamstow Market still going strong though if a bit off the plot as is the one at Chrisp St.Cooke's got a shop in Hilldene of course,all slightly different but the same.
Best jellied eels in Havering are in the fishmongers near Emerson Park imo.
Your right takeaways ain’t cheap.I’m lucky the Wife’s not a fan,although one and one in the pie shop is not a good move,not something she recognises as a proper meal.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

bellend
few months back me and the mrs went into the one in Greenwich market, very good, and good price. but the she had gravy instead of liquor, talk about looking like a tourist.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

dalek1
I could go one better than that bellers when Little Miss D1 dunked her chips in ice cream when she was about two.
All I heard from her was nice!

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Oh Dear is she provincial?Still that bit of the world is mainly tourist now so probably didn’t stand out too much,still embarrassing though.One of my old hop the wag haunts,the Nautical Museum,if your into maritime paintings give it a visit next time your down there.
There used to be a turning with the wonderful name of “Battle of the Nile Street” on the way to Charlton FC

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

That’s acceptable my 20 month old granddaughter has decided her cut up grapes are best taken with tomato sauce

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Percy
The pie and mash shop in Elm park delivers but its pease pudding and faggots for me.Either that or a nice bowl of whelks.

Re: You Can Now Get Pie and Mash Delivered

Oh Fred cheers for that info.
Little Miss D1 has tuition near there on a Saturday so I must pay that gaff a visit.
Nice to see some of the old traditions surviving.
Not too many fishmongers butchers greengrocers around these days.
Romford has got one butchers shop (not the best) and wet fish only available on stalls on market days.
Corbets Tey road in Upminster has a parade of shops which does have a greengrocer butcher and fishmonger but try and get that combination in one high street nowadays forget it.
12