Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

22 May 2013 Last updated at 17:52 Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

3.5KShareFacebookTwitter.Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attackAir ambulance An air ambulance and four crews attended the scene
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Latest - London 'machete' attack Live
In Pictures: Woolwich attack

A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the attack as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Eyewitnesses said a man was assaulted in a Woolwich street by two individuals who were later shot by officers.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of the government's emergency response committee to assess the incident.

It is understood she has also requested updates from the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe, and the head of MI5.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson said the police view is that the the attack may have been filmed and footage may exist.

People carrying out the attack were of Muslim appearance and cries of God is Great or Allahu Akbar were heard, said our political editor.

London Ambulance Service confirmed one man had been found dead at the scene.

It said two men had been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition.

One of the men was airlifted from the scene, and another was taken away by road ambulance

A spokesperson said an air ambulance and four crews had attended the scene.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
They dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road”
End Quote
James

Eyewitness

Witnesses reported by the Press Association said two people had been shot after armed police were called to an incident in which a man was attacked with a machete-style knife.

One witness, identified only as James, said two men had attacked another man, aged about 20, who was wearing a T-shirt of military charity Help for Heroes.

"These two guys were crazed. They were just animals. They dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road and left his body there," he told LBC radio.

He said after the "horrendous" attack, the two men, who were also in their 20s, stood around, waving knives and a gun, and asked people to take pictures of them "as if they wanted to be on TV or something".

"They were oblivious to anything, they were more worried about having their photo taken, running up and down the road," he said.

Thomas, a witness who contacted the BBC, said: "I got there minutes after it happened because you could hear gunshots from Woolwich High Street.

"Basically two men carried out an axe attack on a young army cadet walking along the street, by the looks of things the police responded and then shot them in front of the public, at the same time I couldn't really tell if the cadet was fatally or not hurt as police were crowded around him."

School lock-down
 Footage of the scene in Woolwich

Meanwhile, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) confirmed it had been informed.

In a statement, the IPCC said: "Investigators have been deployed to the scene and to the post-incident process."

Scotland Yard said the incident happened in John Wilson Street, the A205, at 14:20 BST.

On its Twitter account, the Metropolitan Police helicopter team called the incident "serious".

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Officers have responded to an incident...

Head teacher David Dixon describes seeing a body in the street and hearing gunshots

"We believe at this stage officers were called to reports of an assault."

David Dixon, a local head teacher, told the BBC News Channel he walked out of the school gates and saw a body lying in the road a short distance away.

He then heard gunshots and instructed staff to lock all the gates of his school.

The air ambulance landed in the playground and most of the children have now gone home, he said.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

Ho-Hum
And still we stand for it.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

British fair play dictates we placate these animals.  In my view, it's time to stop appeasing terrorists and giving them the opportunity to cause havoc.  The likes of Hook and Abu Qatada have made a mockery of us for decades, which have led their adherents to think they can do as they please on our city streets.

Cameron's releasing his bullsh-t statements right now.  Not good enough, I say.  It's time for the iron fist.

Nice, a man beheaded with a machete in Woolwich.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

GAZZER
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-22/exclusive-video-man-with-bloodied-hands-speaks-at-woolwich-scene/

Exclusive video: Man with bloodied hands speaks at Woolwich scene - ITV News
www.itv.com
Read Exclusive video: Man with bloodied hands speaks at Woolwich scene latest on ITV News. All the UK news.

Like ·  · Share · 9 minutes ago

1 share.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

Independent man
Animals
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

GAZZER
You REAP what You SOW-Mr loony left wing man, its begun. Stockholm .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPaDIeu40WQ&feature=player_embedded#t=3s

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

AngelDelight
Awful.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

9.41am BST

Police have this morning sealed off a flat believed to belong to the sister of a men named unofficially as one of the attackers, Peter Walker reports.

Around half a dozen uniformed officers blocked the stairwell outside the second floor flat inside a small, 1940s-built block in Harold Wood, near Romford, Essex.

Anyone approaching was asked to leave the building.

Neighbours in the quiet, suburban street said they knew nothing of the sister, or of reports that the suspected attacker himself might have stayed at the flat sometimes.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

Police cutbacks?

10.09am BST

Police were facing questions today about why their armed response team took 20 minutes to arrive, according to several eyewitnesses, Sandra Laville reports.

While members of the public bravely confronted the suspects as they wielded their bloodstained knives, unarmed police officers waited behind the cordon for the armed response.

The Metropolitan police refused to respond today to questions as to why the unit took so long. Counter-terrorist officers are leading a murder inquiry.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

Breaking News The Metropolitan Police execute a search warrant at an address in Lincolnshire. A Lincolnshire Police spokesman says: "This is in connection with the ongoing investigation into the murder of a man in Woolwich. The Metropolitan Police are not prepared to discuss the matter further at this stage."

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

Barbara Matthews-2

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

Yep- I'm sure we're going to hear all sorts of excuses from the political classes over the coming days but the bottom line is if our country hadn't been flooded with an array of madmen from every corner of the earth, and our bought and paid for politicians weren’t fighting foreign wars for them the illuminate, and in doing so radicalising thousands of young men then this would not of happened.

As we become a minority in this country, these kinds of things are going to get worse and the blame lies firmly at the door of the Marxist traitors in Westminster- and there foot soldiers who will one day be held to account for the crimes carried out against our people and for opening the gates of hell.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

Yes, confusing's the word.

Woolwich attack: confusing, horrific, bizarre – the horror that made literally no sense
By Dan Hodges Politics Last updated: May 23rd, 2013

We often talk about terrorism, and the violence associated with it, as being mindless or senseless. But we don’t actually mean it. What we’re actually trying to say is it’s pointless or ineffectual; that its perpetrators won’t achieve their objectives, whatever they may be.

But for me, yesterday's barbaric act of terror in Woolwich was literally senseless. None of what happened actually made any sense.

I last drove past that Woolwich street on Sunday. I’d been attending a fair at a nearby art studio. It had been quite sunny and warm and there had been lots of families out. But when I looked at the pictures on the television, that same part of south-east London had been turned into a war zone. There were knives and helicopters and guns and bodies. It just didn’t make any sense.

And then the reports started to come in – in that fragmentary and contradictory way they do – of what had actually happened. And they were saying someone had been stabbed. Basically butchered, in broad daylight, and left in the middle of the road. And what’s more, the people who had done it hadn’t run away. They’d just casually stood around, taking photos. One report said they’d actually stopped a bus and asked the passengers to take pictures of them. And then the police had turned up, and then they’d tried to attack the police, so the police in turn had gunned them down. And now they were lying in the middle of the same street. And again, none of it made sense.

So I rang a friend, and explained to him what was being reported. And he said to me “That’s nuts. That’s just nuts. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Then I got a call from someone else. She said, “It looks like a soldier’s been killed by terrorists in Woolwich.” Even though I know there’s a barracks in Woolwich, I didn’t make the connection. I thought to myself, “What’s she talking about? They murder soldiers in Afghanistan. They don’t murder them in London. And anyway, something else terrible has already happened in Woolwich.” Even then, it wasn’t fitting together. Still none of it made sense.

Then I looked at my Twitter feed. And it seemed like the whole world was re-tweeting something from somebody called “Boydee”. So I clicked on the link, and it said “The first guy goes for the female fed with the machete and she not even ramping she took man out like robocop never seen nutn like it”. It was clearly some sort of eyewitness report. But I couldn’t understand it. Not because of the colloquialism, but because it was describing something that was supposed to be happening half a mile from where I live. Yet it seemed to be part of a script from a bad American cop show. Again, this made no sense.

Then I switched to one of the TV news channels. And that’s when I first saw him. This man with his hands soaked in blood, holding a meat cleaver. It was now being reported that the Woolwich attack was being treated as a terrorist incident. But it didn’t make sense, because the man on my screen was black. Not Asian or Middle Eastern, black. He didn’t look like any of the people in those CCTV images we’ve seen of the 7/7 or 9/11 bombers. He didn't meet the stereotype.

And then he spoke. And he said “I apologise that women have to witness this. But in our lands, women have to see the same.” He’d just brutally hacked someone to death in broad daylight in a busy London street. And yet there he was, politely apologising. It didn’t make any sense.

And then I thought about what he’d said. He’d said “our lands”. But he had a south-east London accent. And that didn’t make any sense.

And then as he was speaking, I noticed a lady in a blue dress, and pulling a trolley, just casually walking past the man with meat cleaver and the blood soaked hands. It was like she was just out doing a bit of shopping. And none of it made any sense. None of it.

This morning, when I woke up, the sirens were silent. The helicopters had gone. It was raining. The school run was starting. Things were back to normal.

But not yesterday. Yesterday was the senseless day.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

GAZZER
Did you know that one of the killers was from Romford-went to school in Romford-somehow this makes it all the worse since our enemies are within our own society, there hate must be simmering for a long long time to be capable of such a horrendous act.

Don't be fooled that this is going to be a one off incident-there's more from where he came from.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

12.26 Police were today searching the home of a woman thought to be related to the one of the suspects.

Detectives and forensic officers were examining the top floor flat belonging to Blessing Daniels, who it believed to be related of Michael Adebolajo who sources have named as one of the killers.

Forensic teams were seen taking plastic boxes into the block where Ms Daniels lives, a three story mid century red brick building containing 12 flats.

Other policemen sat in a white transit van outside the estate in Harold's Hill, Romford.

Police have only officially confirmed one raid, which took place in Saxilby in Lincolnshire last night, hundreds of miles from the scene of the attack.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

Bloodied Woolwich terror suspect, ranting to camera, thought to be former Romford schoolboy Michael Adebolajo

The scene in Woolwich where a man was killed. Picture: @Yusuf_Kayalar/PA Wire  The scene in Woolwich where a man was killed. Picture: @Yusuf_Kayalar/PA Wire

Jane Ball, News Editor Thursday, May 23, 2013  Romford Recorder)
 1:28 PM

The bloodied man seen ranting on camera minutes after a soldier was hacked to death in Woolwich yesterday was raised in an “ultra-Christian household” in Romford, friends of the family claim.

Men lay a floral tribute close to the scene where a man was murdered in John Wilson Street, Woolwich. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday May 22, 2013. A major police operation was launched today after two suspected terrorists murdered a man in the street in broad daylight. Eyewitnesses said the victim was hacked to death, with some suggesting his attackers tried to behead him, before charging at police when they arrived on the scene in Woolwich, south east London. A local MP said the victim was believed to be a soldier. See PA story POLICE Woolwich. Photo credit should read: Nick Ansell/PA WireMen lay a floral tribute close to the scene where a man was murdered in John Wilson Street, Woolwich. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday May 22, 2013. A major police operation was launched today after two suspected terrorists murdered a man in the street in broad daylight. Eyewitnesses said the victim was hacked to death, with some suggesting his attackers tried to behead him, before charging at police when they arrived on the scene in Woolwich, south east London. A local MP said the victim was believed to be a soldier. See PA story POLICE Woolwich. Photo credit should read: Nick Ansell/PA Wire

Michael Adebolajo, who lived in Eastern Avenue East and went to Marshalls Park School, in Romford, was filmed after the killing wielding a blood-soaked meat cleaver and knife, saying: “We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you.”

It is believed Adebolajo became obsessed with Islamic extremism in his teens while still a pupil at the Pettits Lane school and his family moved him from the area in a bid to temper his views.

Adebolajo’s sister Blessing Adebolajo was led away from her home in Kings Lynn Avenue, Harold Hill, by police earlier today and the property searched by detectives.

A woman purporting to be her told the Romford Recorder: “They have searched our home in Harold Hill; we didn’t know he was going to do this.”

Police activity near a crashed car (rear) with a broken windscreen close to the scene where a man was murdered in John Wilson Street, Woolwich. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday May 22, 2013. A major police operation was launched today after two suspected terrorists murdered a man in the street in broad daylight. Eyewitnesses said the victim was hacked to death, with some suggesting his attackers tried to behead him, before charging at police when they arrived on the scene in Woolwich, south east London. A local MP said the victim was believed to be a soldier. See PA story POLICE Woolwich. Photo credit should read: Max Nashl/PA WirePolice activity near a crashed car (rear) with a broken windscreen close to the scene where a man was murdered in John Wilson Street, Woolwich. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday May 22, 2013. A major police operation was launched today after two suspected terrorists murdered a man in the street in broad daylight. Eyewitnesses said the victim was hacked to death, with some suggesting his attackers tried to behead him, before charging at police when they arrived on the scene in Woolwich, south east London. A local MP said the victim was believed to be a soldier. See PA story POLICE Woolwich. Photo credit should read: Max Nashl/PA Wire

There are unconfirmed reports the second suspect in the brutal murder is also a former Marshalls Park School student.

A friend of Blessing’s said: “The [suspects] were always together at school. They were as thick as thieves. They may have even been related.

“Michael’s family were ultra-religious, they may have been born-again Christians. Michael got into Islam but no-one knew how much.”

A former classmate of Adebolajo, who asked not to be named, said: “I know a lot can change in 10 years but whether he liked you in your class he stuck up for you. I was bullied and he was the one who put a stop to it.”

In the chilling footage, captured by a member of the public soon after the soldier was knocked over and hacked to death, Adeboloja explains the terrifying actions, saying: “We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.”

Another past pupil said: “I was good friends with his brother. He was a bit of a gangster chavvy type, but I would never have seen him as an extremist.

“Everyone I’ve spoken to is reeling. You can’t imagine you’ve gone to school with someone who could do that. He was a clever guy but he was a cheeky chap. He was really tall so he stood out.”

It is believed Adebolajo had also gone to Parklands Junior School.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

confused of hornchurch

Welcome to Marshalls Park School and Performing Arts College. I hope our website gives you an insight into our aims and achievements as well as information about our everyday work.

We are a forward looking school that sees students as individuals and embraces their differences...

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

spike
What happened in woolwich to an unarmed soldier was a vile act carried out by lunatics, dont give them what they wanted by viewing their crazy rants of hatred
Socialism or Barbarism

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

GAZZER
You may not want to view there vile rants of HATRED-however putting your head in the sand will not stop them from hacking it off. Me I believe there evil rants of hatred and now everyone else has seen the consequences of there threats and cowardly actions.

Socialist walk on by- hide around the corner and pretend it never happen, a fire that you ignited may turn into a raging blaze. Shame on you all.

Re: Woolwich terror attack.

The Ear