Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

Lorraine Moss
I left for work at around 8.30 this morning and when I was walking down Carlisle Road, I noticed that a Silver Moped had just been left in the narrow road leading to Kings Grove.  I took a photo of it and shared it on Facebook.  I reported it to the Police on 101 at the same time and gave them a description and part of the Reg number (some of the plate had been ripped off.)  I noticed on facebook that other people had also reported this bike and when I came home lunch time it was no longer in the alley.  I later found out that someone had moved it onto the pavement.

At around 5.45 this evening, one of my neighbors knocked and advised me that he had been robbed.  I asked him it it was a silver moped and it was.  We walked him to where the moped had been left and it actually had a parking ticket on it !!!   Seriously Havering Council ???

I do not understand why the police did not follow up on this, the man reported it this morning so surely someone could have checked and informed the owner that his bike had been found.

Why are Havering Council issuing tickets on a bike that it not showing it's full registration number and has obviously been stolen/abandoned ??

Re: Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

Percy
They may be issuing for lack of tax ,insurance or MOt and the number plate is broken so thats just a few reasons to issue a ticket.They can not assume its stolen and dumped.

Re: Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

I'm sure our superb traffic enforcement team issued a ticket for one reason.
Its called opportunism.
They rather stupidly think they can gain a £130 fine even though the vehicle has no proper registration number.
Well I have to say what would you expect when we have complete overpaid inept tossers like Steve Moore and Jason Frost in charge.

Re: Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

They could try and use a bit of good old common sense Percy.

Come off it the people that issue tickets are not doing anything other than they are told and when did you last see an indigenous white person issuing tickets

Re: Why Has It Taken So Long For Police To Respond To The Report Of An Abandoned Moped?

Lorraine Moss
I don't take any notice of the colour of the parking officer and I do not see how that is of any relevance.  I feel that it was pretty obvious that the bike had been abandoned.