Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Lorraine Moss
Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

I am sure that you are all aware that there was a motion put forward last night by Cllr Philip Hyde at full council regarding the over development of Harold Hill.  At the start of the meeting a petition of the same subject with over 4000 signatures was presented to the Mayor.  I think this leaves no element of doubt that the people of Harold Hill feel very strong about this subject.  There was also a demonstration outside the Town Hall last night.

However, Philip Hyde came close to not being able to present this motion.  He is in a difficult position as he is an independent cllr and does not have any other Cllr's in the same group as him to second the motion.  When I was standing outside of the Town Hall Philip advised me that Cllr Ray Morgan had agreed to second the motion.  In the meeting Cllr Jeffery Tucker said that he was disappointed that there had been a problem with this motion and one of his group would have been more than happy to step in.

There was problems with the webcast last night as there was no sound and the cameras never changed position so I am not able to add the clip where Lawrence Webb denied that he or is group were asked to second this motion.  This motion was not about politics, it was not about egos, it was about the people of Harold Hill.  The very same people who voted in the Cllr's of their choice to represent them and act in their best interests.  I know for a fact that the whole of Harold Hill has been sent leaflets over the past month advising them of the petition and meeting.  There are nearly 3000 members of the Harold Hill Community Facebook page and one of these members is Cllr Lawrence Webb !!   WHY WERE THE OTHER HAROLD HILL CLLR'S NOT PREPARED TO SECOND THIS MOTION ??

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Ian James
Hi Lorraine,

Just for the record Keith Darvill is on Holiday I'm sure he would have seconded the motion
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Lorraine Moss
I am sure that he would of Ian.  I cannot understand why anyone would not second it as it is a very important subject and worthy of debate.

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Romfordian
If clr Web is a member of the page it may be appropriate to put that info on the website pined to the top and invite members to contact him to get an answer I was not Happy with the result at the local election as I had not received any communication from UKIP as to what they intended to do for the local residents well now we know
Councillor Hyde is now an independent and Well done sir
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Terry Matthews

Terry I think Harold Hill is now ripe to go for a resident Candidate and if Philip Hyde decided to become a resident association candidate Having seen the support and leafleting he would do well especially if Lorraine and some of the other organisers on Havering community page were to stand It would give me a problem as I would have a problem in choosing between them and Keith etc
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Percy.
You will not say that in four years.With the referendum on Europe out of the way and another 10.000 homes in Havering there will simply be one choice Tory or Labour.The residents who are simply a disorganised rabble of Tory light have let the Tories run this borough for 20 years voting usually with the Tories it is hoped the electorate see them for what they are.

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

OLD CODGER
Percy,
I take offence at your putting all us  Residents under the same banner as the RATS we all did not support them joining as it was done behind our backs and many of us left their Association. So please do not think we are all the same we are still here working for the benefit of our own ward.

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

Percy.
I am not classing you as Rats but look at your party voting record over the years.You overwhelmingly have voted with their the tories proposals and when did you ever lead a real opposition to their ideas.You can not and never have managed to unite and oppose the Tories even now you can not get support from the other parties.Why did you not all jump up and second this proposal.You have an infrastructure but have never led a real campaign of opposition many of your people seem simply happy to supplement their pensions and salaries with no real effort or opposition.Why not start your own meet the resident councilor sessions in public.Start Blogs informing the voters what you do or what you are proposing to oppose.Start your own free paper have meetings to inform.Look at the way this ex UKIP councilor has got his people together he has Thousands enthused.Apart from the boring newsletters you put out telling us you have got two new run ups built or eventually got a bus stop moved what have your party done.The Rats were supported by your party yet you never warned us that they were going to cross the floor.Your deputy Mayor got treated badly yet how many know the truth? very few.Start by uniting with the only real independent residents.Work with UKIP and the labour one let's have real opposition and alternative ideas.What are your alternatives to Tory austerity? Havering has been let down for 20plus years by having no real opposition and it is the Residents that have caused that.

Re: Why Did The Other Harold Hill Cllr's Refuse To Second Last Night's Motion At Full Council?

From The Recorder

Harold Hill housing development is part of “biggest threat to Havering Borough” says councillor
12:00 19 September 2015 Chloe Farand
Cllr Philip Hyde
Cllr Philip Hyde's motion recommending a ban on establishing new multiple occupancy houses (HMOs) in Harold Hill over the next five years was rejected by Havering Council on Wednesday
Multiple occupancy houses (HMOs) are increasing “social tensions and depravation” in Harold Hill, a meeting of Havering Council heard on Wednesday.

fb share  tweet  google plus sharereddit share0
Cllr Graham Williamson told Havering Council Cllr Graham Williamson told Havering Council "housing development is the biggest threat to the borough"
The comments were made by Cllr Philip Hyde (Independent, Heaton) who presented a motion calling for the authority to acknowledge the level of development in the area over recent years and ban further HMOs being established for five years.

Speaking on Wednesday evening, Cllr Hyde said high population density was putting pressure on local services and preventing young families from being able to afford the rent prices of new flats being built.

The motion was rejected but did gain some support within the chamber.

Cllr Graham Williamson (Independent Residents’ Group, South Hornchurch) said “housing development is the biggest threat to the borough”.

He believes Havering’s target of building 1,170 new homes in the next 10 years is “zealous” compared to other London boroughs.

He told the meeting his investigations had shown Richmond had the same amount of building land available as Havering, 21 square miles excluding green belt.

But it has a house building target of 315, while Bromley, with 28 square miles of available land, aims to build 641 new homes in the next decade.

He said: “This is a much wider debate than Harold Hill.

“We are the architects of our own misfortune.

“We have been too generous and now we are struggling to meet our targets and we have problems with parking, congestion and waiting lists.

“We are building without proper infrastructure and this is putting pressure on the borough and its residents.

“Most of these developments will be flats and there are no houses at all. The character of Havering is completely changing.”

The leader of the council Cllr Roger Ramsey said housing land calculations could not exclude the green belt because it is an integral part of the quality of life of the area they are located in.

“If you don’t provide the dwellings, you don’t provide the homes,” he said, adding that debates could help establish the borough’s new local development plan, which is currently under review.

Cllr Steven Kelly (Emerson Park, Conservative) added: “Harold Hill is an area where people are proud to live and that is our big success.”