Who are the real scroungers?

MR H
http://www.globaljustice.org.uk/myth-2-big-business-runs-things-better
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Phil Wailing
This did happen a few years ago.

Three people were sacked and one resigned in the company I worked for, they were accused of gross misconduct for falsifying their expenses.

One of the group acquired a pad of bill receipts from a restaurant and they submitted 6 receipts for meals in that restaurant. The bills were all dated from Sunday to Friday yet the invoice numbers were consecutive.

The four of them were immediately suspended on full pay pending a disciplinary inquiry and one immediately resigned. Both the police and the inland revenue were involved and the option of saying sorry made a mistake, I will pay it back was never an option.

Why do these self serving parasites get away with it, why are they allowed to get away with it!!

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Michael Towner
....yet the invoice numbers were consecutive.  Doh!!

Yes, Phil, one rule for these fiddlers and another for the rest of us. This is something which could be easily rectified by the authorities but they choose to do nothing.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Phil Wailing
Apparently under the current rules he is paid £36k for overnight hotel expenses in London and can claim for the cost of going home every night which indeed he did.

Its all win win for these scroungers, meanwhile in other news the universal credit roll out continues and the use of food banks doubled in 2017.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

fred
Is there any control over these food banks Phil?,do you have to show any documentation as proof of need before taking food away?
We put stuff in often wondered if it’s getting to people that need it the most.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Phil Wailing
Fred the only one I know about is in my local church and is run in partnership with the church and the Trussell Trust. There is a  referral system that ensures you are provided with appropriate help and support for your situation.

In order to get help from the foodbank you will need to be referred with a voucher. Each foodbank works with different frontline professionals, such as doctors, health visitors, social workers and Citizens Advice who make referrals to the foodbank using a voucher.

The foodbank and referral agency use the voucher to gather some basic information. This will help them to identify the cause of the crisis, offer practical guidance and prepare suitable emergency food. Once you have been issued with a voucher, you can exchange this for a minimum of three days’ emergency food at your nearest foodbank centre.

You can't just walk in and get Beluga caviar, foie gras, lobster thermidor and a bottle of Bollinger 68 to wash it down with despite (or in spite) of the Daily Mail having you believe you can.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

fred
Was thinking of a nice Barolo!
We did think there were checks on them,good to know something works for the good of those in need in the Borough,there by the grace of God nor go l as they say.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Surely you mean Bollinger 71, Phil? The 68 is very inferior.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

Percy
The food bank near Orchard village requires vouchers issued by the MP, doctors, social workers etc. The ship café in Rainham village requires no vouchers they just provide a meal and you pay what you can in some cases nothing. I usually provide donations of food either bought or from local allotments and donations.

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

confused of hornchurch

Could this be one?

Corbyn's aide 'Lord Swampy' RESIGNS as Labour's chief whip in the Lords over expenses scandal after pocketing £41,000 in travel fares and £260,000 for a 'home' that doesn't exist
Corbyn aide Lord Bassam admitted he had been at fault over travel expenses
He faces further questions over another £260,000 ‘second home’ allowance
He has pocketed the allowance since 2010 - despite not having a second home
He has announced he will quit his role as Labour's Chief Whip in the New Year
By Darren Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 22:01, 6 December 2017 | Updated: 22:08, 6 December 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5153511/Corbyns-aide-Lord-Swampy-RESIGNS.html#ixzz50WQkU8WF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Who are the real scroungers?

dalek1
Aren't we forgetting that couple of scroungers who up to May this year ponce £60,000 pa from Havering tax payers known as the Thompsons.