Where do Havering's councillors live.

We were contacted by someone that lives in Wilton Drive, Collier Row and asked if we knew anything about the person that used to live at number 18.

The house was sold last August and apparently the people that lived there moved away.. To the North Yorkshire coast we were told, to run a tourist business. They also gave us links to the council website and Rightmove.

Of course we don't know if any of this is true but there is a declaration of interests on Haverings web site for councillor Meg Davis that was signed on 10/04/2015 stating she has a pecuniary interest in land in Havering at 18 Wilton Drive, Collier Row RM5 3TJ.

So does she live there or in North Yorkshire?

Is her declaration of interests on Haverings web site true?

is it a criminal offence to make a false declaration?

Where is the Romford Recorder.. Spot of investigative journalism here for you Archant.

Click Here for Rightmove

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

dalek1
Question.
If this document is signed in April and Mystic Meg moved in August is she legally obliged to declare her moving house or setting up a business at the time or the next occasion she is required to declare her interests? I would have thought the former but can you clarify this?

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

dalek1
Puts a new slant on the famous Simon and Garfunkel song.
Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley Sage Rosemary and Bribes.

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

On the Havering web site under declarations of interest for Councillor Meg Davis it states she has a pecuniary interest in 18 Wilton Drive, Collier Row.

Is that declaration true.

Yes or No

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Planning of havering
The form is signed in April then it seems that the house sold after then so it would be true at the time. To be elected you must live work or have land ect in the borough at the time of the election it doesn't mean that is the case after the election. Would not be surprised that at a push she became a rozer worker

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Ho-Hum
Surely this lady is pure as the driven snow.

01708 432027

meg.davis@havering.gov.uk

She's bound to be at her desk and not moonlighting miles away.

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

The declaration of interests is on Haverings web site today.

It states Cllr Davis has an pecuniary interest in 18 Wilton Drive, Collier Row today.

Is that true or not?

Does she live in Havering or 200 miles away in North Yorkshire?

This councillor is a cabinet member, is she taking £39,000 a year of our council tax and living 200 miles from the people she was elected to represent??

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

confused of hornchurch

I'm going to guess that it's not true.

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Why don't you give her a call HH?
I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!
Especially a man of your prowess!

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

confused of hornchurch

He would if he knew where she was!

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Royston Eldridge
Bob

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Bob
Is this not old news did we not mention this a month or so ago or have I finally lost it.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Perhaps we should have Wales as our leader.
It sounds like he sorts out staff piss takers very rapidly.
As for Mystic Meg I believe she only got elected in 2014 and almost immediately got a cabinet post.
Yes does sound like some outside influence got her the post.

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Terry Matthews

Bob

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Bob
Is this old news?

Bob

Re: Where do Havering's councillors live.

Bob
We need new Blood it is not good for future generations to have decisions made by old pensioners.They should not be allowed to stand over 70 years of age and as for never been a councilor well every body was once in that position.
We need a real clear out of deadwood no more than a couple of dozen full time councilors and an elected mayor.