When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Lorraine Moss
I have finally manged to get a link for the webcast and recorded the following clips for the meeting.  This was all done on my mobile phone and unforunately I had to record the motion debates in several clips.  On each occassion it is only a few seconds that were lost between clips.  I manged to record the whole lot without getting a phone call.  Just before the end of the last clip, I do get a facebook message pop up.

Firstly this is the annoucment that was made by the Leader of the council Cllr Roger Ramsey;

Later in the meeting is when The UKIP motion was heard and debated, the motion included amendments by The Labour Party, The Independant Residants Group and The Conservatives.

I will add the motion videos later as I am having technical difficulties

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

confused of hornchurch

I assume the council archive still doesn't exist?

Hi Confused, they sent me this link via email https://www.havering.gov.uk/info/20045/councillors_senior_staff_and_decision_making/285/previous_council_meeting_videos

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

confused of hornchurch

Thanks Lorraine.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

dalek1
I like the shot of Pinky Kelly and Perky Misir in the background.
Pinky was dozing off and Perky looked like his farmers were giving him grief.
Not much respect for our esteemed leader.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

I have finally manged to copy and record the clip of the webcast which shows the motion for the Solar Park.  I have a screen record facility on my phone which now has a habit of cutting off after a few minutes.  I did try and upload in parts but then noticed that after uplading them to you tube that you could hear all of the conversations that Richard and I were having.  I have now donloaded a screen record facilty on my laptop.  The sound quality is not brilliant but you can hear what they are saying.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

dalek1
Nice dirty look from Philipa when the applause broke out in the public gallery.
What did she expect the battles been won and I guess it might have been sour grapes.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Wow, what can I say the plans to site a Solar Farm on the Manor (Dagnam Park) have been totally abandoned.  It has not sunk in yet, what a fantastic result

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Ho-Hum
I'm still waiting for the knife in the back.  Hard to trust 'em see.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Lorraine Moss
Hi Ho Hum, I don't think they would dare.  A real victory for people power.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Ho-Hum
Hope so.  Nite nite.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

dalek1
Just remember we are 14 months away from the next LA the Tories are on the ropes and if this went ahead that could well have been their end. We cant forget the lies they have put out regarding this proposal and lets hope the Havering public en mass see it for what it was.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

dalek1
Harold Hill campaigners celebrate success after council discontinue solar park plans

Lorraine Moss with Jan Sargent champions who lead the Save Dagnam Park in Harold Hill, against solar panels campaign.
Proposals for a solar park on a nature reserve have been discontinued, it was announced last night.

Dagnam Park protesters hold banners outside Havering Town Hall against the solar park proposals.
Havering Council leader, Cllr Roger Ramsey announced the decision at a full council meeting, at Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, and was met with a round from campaigners.

Hundreds of protesters had twice gathered outside the town hall with placards and banners opposing the plans and are now overjoyed their efforts were successful.

Lorraine Moss, a campaign organiser from Romford, said: “It is absolutely fantastic news.

“It shows that when people work together [things can get done].

“The campaign group was fantastic, everybody played their part. Everyone in the committee pulled together. It is so nice to see people power actually work.

“Some said we had no chance of winning but we gave it a try.”

Cllr Ramsey said: “At the council meeting in January, I reported that the administration would not be proceeding with the scheme at Dagnam Park in its current form.

“Consideration has been given to revised smaller schemes, and I have reached the conclusion that there would be insufficient viability or feasibility to warrant such alternative scheme and that the right course is to discontinue any such plans for the Dagnam Park area.”

But the council will pursue a possible scheme for the Gerpins Lane site.

“That work will draw on the experience of other councils in schemes under way or planned for their areas,” he continued.

“If any other alternative energy opportunities are identified members will of course be briefed.”

Commenting on Facebook, Jan Sargent, a campaign organiser from Harold Hill, said a party for the whole community to celebrate such a fantastic outcome will be held.

Secretary of the Friends of Dagnam Park, Alan York welcomed the news.

“It’s breathtaking,” he said.

“It’s outstanding but we are still worried about boundaries. As soon as the park boundaries are put back as they were in 2012 when Cllr [Andrew] Curtin gave it to us.”

In November last year, the Recorder reported that the park was not the biggest parkland and nature reserve in the borough as widely thought.

Despite council approved information boards and a council press statement, released in January 2014 heralding the expansion of the park which doubled its size to 345 acres, a spokesman for the authority confirmed the 93 acres of adjacent farmland had not been officially incorporated into the nature reserve.

Well thats all folks.
But hold on why are the council still banging on about 93 acres of farmland when the signs say different?
Someone still aint being upfront and totally honest me thinks.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

fred
Does the Rasta fella have any thoughts on the outcome seeing how supportive some of his posts were?

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Rastaozzie
Dear Fred

Before i respond to that, can you remind me where any of my posts specifically supported  the siting of a solar park in Dagnam Park . Please note the word ' Specifically'

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

fred
It was tongue in cheek cock.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

I'm gradually believing.

Proposals for a solar park on a nature reserve have been discontinued, it was announced last night.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

confused of hornchurch

There now needs to be confirmation in writing that the disputed "land adjacent to Dagnam Park" has been legally included within the confines of the original Dagnam Park.

It needs to be confirmed that the signage within the park (erected by Havering Council) is in fact correct.

In my mind, if this is not undertaken legally at this time when all the relevant issues are under public scrutiny, there could be further conflict of interest in this land at some time in the future.

A 'gentleman's agreement' can not be a sufficient guarantee to protect this recreational facility from future undesirable development.

I still struggle to believe that there was an 'administrative oversight' on the paperwork when such a valuable piece of land was incorporated within Dagnam Park.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Percy
Yes when they decide to put a wind farm on it or a new cemetary no one will be able to challenge it.

Re: When Havering Council Abandoned Their Plans To Site A Solar Farm At Dagnam Park (The Manor)

Connie in 2014 Andrew Curtain said the land was incorporated into the park.
There was never any 'administrative oversight' our beloved administration was making a very poor attempt to fool the public the land was not on the park.
It was pure lies nothing more nothing less.
12