What or who is YOUR God ?

Council Witness
We have lived in Havering all our lives and have often asked the question  "What or who is your God ?"

Here are a few of the (kept anonymous) Havering community suggestions as to what God is:

Money -  "God ought to help me earn more money if he wants anything from me".
The Queen - "The Queen talks with God and passes it to us."
Spitfire Pilots - "The pilots of the Battle of Britain they are my Gods."
R.J. Mitchell ("designer" of the Spitfire) "The bloke who designed the spitfire is my God".
Property - "Having a big house with horses - that's what God is about mate".
Talking about grandchildren "Telling all my friends about my grandchildren - thats what God wants."
Cars - "You really know when things are for you when you're driving a decent motor."
Sex - "A sexy bird mate and plenty of 'em that what god should do for me."
Sensation seeking - "Being a God means plently of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll."
Football - "If I get picked for a big club then I'll be like a God."
Looking Good - "Looking and feeling good, turning heads that's what's it all about."

What or who is YOUR God ?

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Council Witness
I'm not a christian myself.  You must be well versed in Christian Theology to make such a bold claim as regular and frequent communication with God.  Even Bishops have to spend a great deal of time in private meditation in order to receive guidance directly from God. You are doing well if you talk with him all the time.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Live and let live I say. You think one thing, he thinks another thing. Your both happy it seems so all's well with the world.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Right here's a very hard line non believers point of view.
I suggested what was god when studying RE at school.
I was told after making several suggestions some quite outlandish that god is unknowable.
Oh really so why is this entity always referred to in a masculine form?
And as was once suggested by two writers who happened to be born Jewish and are now like me hard line atheists hit the nail on the head by saying god didn't create man but man created god.
Why?
Simple control!
Put the fear of god into people and they will do anything their priests of whatever belief want them to do!
If individuals want to believe then thats up to them.
Just ask WHAT are you believing in?

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Good point Michael but if I might ad live and let live but don't inflict a lifestyle thats alien to you on you.
Thats when trouble starts!

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Percy
My Grand daughter told me God was in control of all the cctv cameras around the streets as he can see every body and keep an eye on them.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

dalek1
Oh great stuff Perc out of the mouths of babes etc.
I took Little Miss D1 to the London Aquarium a few years back and we got a bus along Westminster bridge to Tottenham Court road and she asked me daddy what are those toilets on those buildings.
I  observed she was looking at a number to let signs on buildings.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Hmmm intriguing question my Dear CWya... is their such a thing as an omnipresent being? Oh ye of little faith I hear the religious zealots cry burn that heretic GAZZER at the stake (oops been their done that it don't work mate on gorg werewolves)

Nay I am not a- good ole monotheistic believer-indeed one might say that GAZZER has "panentheistic" ideologies.- yep my demi God persona extends beyond time and space.

God is every where-True.

God sits on a throne with minions at his (or her me not sexist) wrathful call and ya they tremble before him. Naw that's a GAZZER a simple local deity, demi-god but no creator of the known universe and all its mathematical glory.

what's the frigging time- kebab o'clock  nity nite humans.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

Lorraine Moss
Hi Gazzer, good to see you posting.

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

GAZZER
Ditto my dearest Mossy!!

Re: What or who is YOUR God ?

bellend
did god make us or the other way round, if she exists she has a wicked sense of humour, did god make the devil, or did we?????????????