Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

Lorraine Moss
Man’s hand run over after chip shop attack in Romford - police appeal for witnesses

Ramzy Alwakeel, Reporter
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1:00 PM

A violent attacker in a chip shop bit open a man’s hand and dragged him into the path of a bus – which ran over the injury.

Email Print
In a gruesome fight that lasted 10 minutes, the man pinned young dad Shane to the ground and savaged his hand, before pulling him outside into the road. The injury from the bus left him needing emergency surgery and 40 stitches.

Shane, of Gidea Park, had been in the Station Fish and Kebab Bar after a night out with his girlfriend Rebecca when the trouble began.

“It started when my girlfriend said: ‘Excuse me – you jumped the queue’,” said the 25-year-old. “I thought he’d just go: ‘Sorry, you go first,’ but he was being really aggressive and told her he didn’t care. I asked him not to speak to her like that and he attacked me.

“He ended up on top of me on the floor, pretty much bit the top of my finger off and bit a chunk out of the palm of my hand.

“From there it went outside. He was still on top of me and that’s when the bus came up and ran over my hand.”

Shane, of Ferguson Court, described his injuries as “extremely painful”.

“I was going in and out of consciousness,” he said. “Blood was pouring out of my hand.”

He was taken to Queen’s Hospital in an ambulance and then transferred to Chelmsford. He underwent an operation to repair his smashed knuckles, with wires placed inside his hand that mean he can’t bend his middle and index fingers.

Builder Shane said: “It was my right hand, and I’m right-handed. As I’ve got an eight-month-old baby, it’s quite hard work.

“My hand’s still swelling and I can’t clench a fist. I have trouble interacting with my son now – I can’t hold him up in the air or play around with him like I used to in case my hand gives way. Even the slightest knock is painful.”

Shane said his attacker got onto the next bus and was seen laughing and waving as he pulled away.

Police described the man as black and six feet tall. Any witnesses to the attack – which happened in South Street at about 2.10am on Saturday, February 2 – should call Romford CID on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

Lorraine Moss
It is fact that the less police we see on our street the more people are going to end up getting attacked.  I just hope that the police find the person responsible.  I assume that there will be CCTV footage from the cameras that cover South street.  The attacker jumped on a bus I bet that the CCTV camera on there was not working !

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

The Ear

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

Ho-Hum
Whether in traffic or a shop queue or bus queue, there's always somebody who wants to take a liberty.  When I was younger I'd pull these people up but today I'm cautious.  The thing is, you cannot always tell if your dealing with a loud mouth whimp or a nutter who is really dangerous and believe me, there are plenny of cranks around.

Tread carefully.

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

Oh my Cod-what is this county coming to.

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

confused of hornchurch

Is Romford becoming a 'no go area' by day AND by night?

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

confused of hornchurch

We're in good company with the increase in violent attacks it's happening in the best of neighbourhoods.

Two butchered in London over the weekend

Three injured in Kensington triple stabbing

Stabbing: the incident took place on an estate off Sirdar Road in North Kensington (Picture: Google)

 Justin Davenport, Crime Editor

Three people were stabbed after a fight in North Kensington today.

The three – all believed to be teenagers – were hurt after a brawl among a group of youths at Henry Dickens Court just after 1.30pm.

None of the injured are believed to have suffered life threatening injuries.

One suffered knife wounds to the leg, another was slashed across the chest and a third had a wound to the stomach.

A police spokeswoman said officers were alerted by the London Ambulance service to reports of a fight in progress.

All three were taken to hospital.

Re: Violent Attack In South Street Fish and Chip Shop

confused of hornchurch

I think the world has gone mad, is this acceptable behaviour, where are all these knife-wielding maniacs coming from?

Woman stabbed: The scene of the random attack in Finsbury Park

A pregnant woman was stabbed by a man under a railway bridge in a random attack during the evening rush hour.

The woman, aged in her 30s, was assaulted underneath the bridge in Seven Sisters Road - by Finsbury Park tube station - at 6.30pm on Friday.

She suffered a facial injury believed to have been caused by the knife and a shoulder injury and was treated in hospital.

The attack happened just yards from where a man aged in his 40s was stabbed shortly before 7pm yesterday.

The street where the second stabbing happened, St Thomas’s Road, was sealed off with police tape for several hours last night.

Officers attended after reports of a robbery and assault, and Scotland Yard said the victim was recovering well in hospital.

Jason Malan, 32, of the Figaro News newsagent and off license next to Finsbury Park Station said: “A customer came in on Friday and said a woman had been stabbed. He seemed quite upset. I’m shocked to hear there was also another stabbing.”

Another shopkeeper, who did not want to be named, said: “The area was closed and police were searching all around for a weapon, but I don’t think they found one. The area is getting more dangerous.”

He said he thought the woman had been waiting for a bus when she was attacked, adding: “At that time of the day you can hardly walk along the pavement because there are so many people waiting for the bus.”

Detective Constable Louise Elliott, of Islington police, said: “This was an horrific, unprovoked attack on a vulnerable and heavily pregnant woman. This incident has understandably left her severely traumatised.

“I appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and remembers seeing anything that may help the investigation, to call police in confidence on 020 7421 0297 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

A 19-year-old man has been arrested over the attack and given police bail until February 26.

There have been no arrests in connection with yesterday’s stabbing.