Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Signed!
Admin can you get yesterdays London Metro which contained a big feature on the House of Lords?

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Sounds somewhat reminiscent of some of our councillors HH?

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

The Metro does not have an archive, I will see if I can Google the article.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

dalek1
Tried myself admin but no luck.
I believe the Mirror had something yesterday not that I read it that much.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Percy
Is this whole push a simple ruse to frighten the Lords into passing article 50 without any delay.Like it has throughout the 20th century I suspect it will come to nought due to the impssibility of finding people to stand for an elected upper house and that the whole of Monarchy depends on the Lords as its reward for patronage.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Phil Wailing
I watched the debate in the House of Lords last night on BBC Parliament and the place was half empty. Considering there are over 800 of these Lords the place should have been standing room only. We need an elected upper chamber but how you get a bill through parliament to dissolve the Lords is beyond me.

Perhaps a re-run of the French revolution in London might work.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

dalek1
British democracy.
An unelected head of state.
An unelected second chamber.
An electoral system which allows a party with a 12 seat majority to run the country on as little as 25% of the national popular vote.
MP's allowed to change parties in parliament without being forced into a bi-election likewise a group of RAT stooges in this borough toadying up to the Tories after being elected on a RA ticket.
And this is democracy.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Phil Wailing
No, that is the democratic system in the UK, it certainly isn't democracy.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

dalek1
Sorry should have said DEMOCKRACY!

we are not a democracy we are subjects of her Majesty.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

confused of hornchurch

Lord Heseltine sacked as government adviser after Brexit rebellion
22:57, UK, Tuesday 07 March 2017

Image Caption:
Lord Heseltine

Lord Heseltine says he has been sacked as a government adviser after spearheading a rebellion against the Brexit bill.
The former Conservative cabinet minister had joined peers in backing an amendment to the bill to trigger Article 50, which demands a "meaningful" vote on Theresa May's final deal with the EU.
Lord Heseltine was told that the Prime Minister was firing him from his roles in advising the Government on a number of issues, including its industrial strategy.
More follows...

Tarzan hangs by his Balls.

Sign this petition
118,536 signatures and rising.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Phil Wailing

The House of Lords - Bent as a nine bob note.

Cover-up over 'dodgy' payouts to peers: Baroness admits she dropped her probe to avoid a "public backlash"

READ IT HERE

SIGN THE PETITION

I hope they aren't claiming money under false pretences, that would be tantamount to fraud.

Re: Time for the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords to be shut down...

Percy
THe last debacle of the Lords voting amendments to the Brexit bill has cost us nearly £2 million and for what just hours of boring self agrandisement.