It seems the nice lady at Bedfords park is not now leaving and is looking for friends of the walled garden to take on various roles or just be a friend. There is a meeting tonight upstairs in the Golden Lion at 6pm.Be there if you can.
1) The Walled Kitchen Garden is back under the control of Havering council. The charity Clear Village left the project on Monday 30th April.
2) Bedfords Park has an official Friends Group and in conjunction with Havering council they will look after the Walled Kitchen Garden.
3) Contrary to the belief of ONE person there are no fairies on the west wall of the garden even though this person claims to have felt them walking on her arm. (what a loony) but the picture above may account for most of the fairy incarnations
4) The labyrinth that was built for the fairy’s is being bulldozed.
5) The entire electrics have been surveyed (Wed 9th and Fri 11th May) and half of it has been condemned as unsafe and does not comply with the 17th IEE regs.
6) The paths are unsafe and if you wish to go in the garden you need the express permission of the parks council officer Tom Fradd.
7) Most of the growing area that was left by Clear Village is being levelled.
8) Lovely lady - ask Tom King how lovely she is!!
So in less than 5 years what happened to the £400 grand in grants???? A couple of sheds and a bit of brickwork.
In the last 18 months how many organisations have been involved with this community growing space?
The only people with the skills and are capable of looking after this facility are the Bedford Park Friends Group.
It seems to me the Lottery is just a cash cow for a number of dodgy charities like this one.
I mentioned on another thread I attended a composting course last years in the walled garden and the place and the place looked like the aftermath of an air raid.
I did find out a couple of years ago when looking into the Sensory Garden in Harrow lodge park that once they dish out grants they don't keep tabs on projects to ensure the money is being spent correctly.
Something desperately wrong there.
I saw lots of fairy's last week.
They wore blue and white rosettes and were calling out vote conservative.
I believe they can be seen once a month at the town hall to pick up something called allowances and once every four years asking for our votes.
Got it!!! The regular posters on here have anger issues of one sort or another depending on our points of view.
We should apply to the lottery mob for a grant to set up a charity to deal with these anger issues that get our goat,few mill shared out amongst us,new motor,long cruise,new house maybe happy days......