The gravy train is full steam ahead......

The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Cuts to services.. Cuts to council workers wages..

CLICK HERE

AND HERE

AND HERE

Havering has 18 employees on over £100,000 a year and 4 on over £150,000 a year. Brentwood Borough Council has ONE on over £100,000 a year and NONE on over £150,000 a year.....

psrlcouncils.xls

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Ho-Hum
How do you embark on this train when it doesn't stop at regular stations?  I'll have a word with Harry Potter.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

dalek1
As Phil W pointed out on another thread they never get pushed they just move onto another LA never seem to be in the same place for more than three or four years and often seem to walk away with big pay offs and gold plated pension pots. And as I've asked before what the f*ck do they do?

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Get shot of five of the 18 and there's your 500 grand saved!

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Phil Wailing
The top 5 are on £650,000 between them.

Havering senior leadership salaries - https://www.havering.gov.uk/info/20045/councillors_senior_staff_and_decision_making/203/senior_leadership_team

Brentwood senior leadership salaries - http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/index.php?cid=1803

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Ho-Hum
That equates to all the people who have ever posted on the angry/ havering forum site not having to pay council tax for a year.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Try this one.
Costs us 130 grand pa for her services and cost Birmingham City Council an eye watering 1.1 grand a day when she was hired from a recruitment firm in London. Notice she wasn't around Birmingham for too long and now she's Havering's Interim COO. For how long we have no idea.
http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/regional-affairs/backlash-over-1100-birmingham-city-8564871

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

The more that Town Hall bosses cut public services, the more they line their own pockets......

Amid dire warnings that basic frontline services are under threat, Town Hall chiefs complain that they have no alternative but to increase the council tax bills of families. Yet all this bleating could hardly be less justified. The reality is that when it comes to spending, too many councils concentrate on the interests of their senior staff rather than the needs of the public.

What exists across much of local government is an out-of-touch culture of entitlement paid for by taxpayers. How else can we explain why the number of council bosses paid more than the Prime Minister has soared. The reality is that when it comes to spending, too many councils concentrate on the interests of their senior staff rather than the needs of the public.. This obscene pay bonanza exposes the warped priorities that mean key services such as social care, schools, housing and rubbish collection are suffering. This subsidised extravagance makes a mockery of the protests about lack of cash.

This obscenity is happening under your very noses. Read the full article HERE

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

If any candidate at the next LE pledged to the voters they would halve the number of these overpaid parasites they would get my vote.

The only thing in Havering that has gone up at a greater rate than house prices is your council tax.

Children have to wait for their parents to die before they can buy a house.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Phil Wailing
The first property I bought was a 2 bed flat and it cost the equivalent of 18 months salary. That flat today will cost you £350,000. Most kids today have got no hope of either owning a home or retiring.

Jenifer Saunders does a great deal of work for mental health charities and she said 17 people a day between the age of 21 and 25 are committing suicide, can't imagine why.

A colleague in the Essex Wildlife Trust told me it is cheaper to live in a Travel Lodge than rent or buy a property in Romford.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Percy
The biggest killer of males under 45 is suicide.It does not go down after 45 just stress related and life style illnesses catch up and kill more.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Phil Wailing
What a wonderful society banks, multinationals and our politicians have created.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

dalek1
To make matters worse these parasites are now eating away at health transport schools even the armed forces and as Mr H pointed out on a different thread boroughs like this one are fast turning into corporations with overpaid fat cats. How can an LA justify a chief executive a chief operating offer and all the other ponces and cut staff salaries by 5%. Just corporate greed at its worst.

Talking of parasites has every member of the rats had their reward now either a mayoralty or a nice cushy well paid committee job.

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

Re: The gravy train is full steam ahead......

MR H