The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

fred
Back with this again are we,modern so called austerity is not having the latest gadgets,these people need to have lived during and just after the War,they might be able make a comment then.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

this is gonna sound stupid but just an idea, if the present council can't run the local amenities and services without resorting to a semi-legal attack on motorists for even more cash (now heres the clever bit) why not fuck off and allow people in that can?

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Two elections running, 2014 & 18, this shit Tory administration was defeated and the absolute shite residents association have kept them in power. Only last week another one of the money grabbing self interest slags in the RA went and joined them.

The lot of them are bent corrupt arseholes that care about one thing, how much money they can shove in their own pockets.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

There’s a lad down in Dorset that knows how to run a Council without rinsing the people he is responsible for,he actually lowers the poll tax with no resulting loss of services.
We sometimes wonder why he’s not in the news more,but if he was it wouldn’t only be Haverings numpties that would be shown up as chancers and semi legal theives it would be almost all Councils in the Country.
We need less governance not more I’ve got the bollock ache of being taken for an idiot,l wouldn’t let that lot in the Treblinka run my Grandkids bath unless they were supervised.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

It's all relative Fred, my kids are both in their 40's and my daughter has never has a second hand car, she is on about her tenth new one.

She's in her third house, my grandkids both have iPhones and Samsung tablets, they both have 50 inch ultra HD TV with Sky, Amazon Prime and Now TV in their bedrooms.

Neither of my kids have been on holiday in the UK, they only know getting on a plane to go on holiday.

To my kids living like that is normal.

How far do you want to go back, I was born shortly after WWII and I didn't have any of that stuff, there's a good reason for that, it hadn't been invented. In 1952 my dad bought a TV for the coronation, we were the only people down the road that had a TV.

The worlds moved on and poverty today is not what you and I remember. Kids in the 1600's would have thought we were millionaires in the 1950's
Bob

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Bob
Back in the day Fred we had no idea we were poor no TV only radio censored and government controlled only happy mind numbing music .However we had a lot of back up .Half my family lived in the same street. The Sunday school took us out into the country we had some where stable to live and come home to every day even if it leaked and was cold. There were public baths and swimming pools or the river so long as your mum did not catch you. I wandered the streets of Poplar playing on bomb sites no police challenged us just looked the other way as we built camps and had fires of old building wood. Children today have no back up no stability many go to school not knowing where they will sleep that night never mind do homework. They are bombarded with media telling them they are poor not wearing proper clothes not real people. Its very different. feel terribly sorry for them it will have repercussions in ten years or less.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

bellend
perky this is why some of the newcomers have an advantage they were brought up with the odd hardship and learned to cope, as we did but our kids have had it a bit easier for the most part.

Bob

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Bob
For a while I worked with some of these children they had no stability no friends as they had to constantly move from one bad place to another some times every day sofa surfing living in hostels or hotels. They had no fixed school nothing. They had to get street smart very quickly get able to use mobile phones to find out where the adult they lived with was. By the age of 12 they knew more than me and at 12 I lived in blissful ignorance of my poverty we all were the same. We now have an angry generation with no allegiance to anything ready to do anything to get higher status drugs knives whatever.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

It is,but it don’t stop people getting a job and bettering themselves instead of expecting society to keep doling out freebies.
They should try the US if you want to work you get a hand up if you don’t you live in poverty.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Phil Wailing
Fred there are 20.3 million families receiving some kind of benefit - 64% of all families.

For 9.6 million families benefits make up more than half of their income - 30% of all families.

80% of all families on benefit are in full time employment.

You can’t work your way out of poverty on £8.21 per hour (£1,380 per month) how do you get on the housing ladder on that crap money.

God forbid you are an 18 year old apprentice on £4.30 per hour £167 per week, that will barely cover your cost of food and travel.

I got married at 22 and I was on £45 per week, my wife was on £50 per week and a 3 bed house in Romford was £6,000 – Our mortgage was £96 a month.

A 22 year old today on government minimum is on £300 a week and on the national average is on £512 a week.

The average price of a 3 bed semi in Romford is £450,000 and a first time buyer needs a £90,000 deposit and a £360,000 mortgage. The repayments on that mortgage are £2,130 a month or £25,560 a year.

Fred the problem isn’t benefit is too high – The problem is criminally low wages.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

bellend
yes my first mortgage, was less than a quarter of my monthly income, my wife never worked until the last of my brood was in the third year of secondary school. a couple of holidays every year one of which was abroad, always had good wholesome food and ate at the table and the kids always were dressed smartly. took interest in their education consquentially all have good jobs and treat their kids in the way they were used to at home. but today although they live well they all need two incomes to do so.

Bob

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Bob
Yes the problem a big company wants to start up in the UK it expects to get a good deal on the land and five years tax free it then sets up and pays shit wages and we the tax payer subsidise that firm to make things we may not need by paying its poor down trodden workers a benefit to survive. We need to have good minimum wages or fixed rates of pay  for each job.

It is,but we have too many visitors driving wages down.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Phil Wailing
Don't blame the immigrants Fred, all they are doing is trying to get a better life.

Blame the human garbage ponsing parasites that we have elected to serve themselves. We need politicians that serve us and not tax evading multi nationals and banks.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

fred
We have too many visitors legal and otherwise mate nobody will convince us otherwise.
As for our elected as you say,parasites,hopefully most will be kicked out at the next election,but we won’t hold our breath.
Let’s see what Sunday brings.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose
Bob

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

Bob
No party is advocating a stop to immigration not Brexit or Lib dem none of them. The billionaire industrialists will not stop immigration until they do not need people.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

fred
Spot on,which is why there are too many of them.
We are going around the Dordogne funny old place full of French people ....ain’t altered for centuries nor will it,guy who owns where we are staying pays 20 euros to see his doctor,go figure.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: The changing face of Havering - Where are the Police - What are Rosindell Lopez and Cruddas doing...

bellend
how much the ferry?