The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

bellend
I did hear they were considering closing down the parking dept.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

That's the first piece of good news I've had in years.  If there's a petition to close it I'll definitely sign.

In my opinion it's always done the council a lot of harm with the bad publicity it attracts, they should hand it back to the Met who should never have agreed to hand it over to a cash-hungry local council in the first place.

That was the first step towards the decimation of the police force and look at the shambles we've got now.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

bellend
imagine how many coppers that would pay for, then all there is to do is get Westminster to pay what they should to local councils. oh but they chose to starve them of funds so they now have some one to blame for bad service.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Nobody likes a parking ticket, but when a copper gave you one (a ticket that is) you could be sure the officer was familiar with the law, and the fact that you were INNOCENT 'till PROVEN guilty so he was pretty sure of his facts in case it was disputed and it ended up in court.

A police officer was accountable and not on any kind of financial incentive to issue bogus tickets.

Alas, once the cash-strapped local councils were offered the chance of making big bucks on the back of the motorist, we found ourselves guilty unless WE could prove our innocence. That was never the British way of meting out justice. So now we have a system that is open to abuse and corruption with the motorist having to beg for justice by means of 'an appeal' to some faceless bureaucrat which is costly and time-consuming, so most people just pay up rather than challenge the fine. Give it back to the Met!

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
No good talking common sense you’ll frighten the powers that be.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Apologies Fred, they've changed my medication again.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

you get a parking ticket it is not that you are guilty or innocent it is that as the owner of a vehicle parked in that spot you are responsible for paying the Levy imposed by the council. Its not guilt or innocence you can not elect to go to trial by your peers you commit no crime. Not paying the levy tots up interest and more charges later an order to pay it or have goods taken. You are never guilty of a crime just parking it was that simple change put it in favour of the councils. Speeding is different its a crime and you can lose your liberty and demand a court trial.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

So you agree it's just another form of council tax whereby the motorist has to pay a premium to subsidise others?  I rather thought so.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
If property is theft then paying tax for it legitimises crime.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch
The two girl herbal assisted shower is fun.

Havering Council investigating alleged brothel in Elm Park
PUBLISHED: 10:00 05 November 2017
Ralph Blackburn

Police
Havering Council is investigating an Elm Park massage business after a resident wrote to the local authority claiming it could be a brothel.

The parlour offers massages for 15 minutes, 30 minutes and an hour.
Its website states it offers “indulgent fun” with pictures of scantily clad girls, and on other sites customers reviewing the services allege they had sexual activity when visiting.
When the Recorder contacted the business a woman first said services were discussed with staff on site, before saying: “You have got the wrong number.”
A Havering Council spokesman said: “We received a complaint today about an alleged brothel in Elm Park.
“The council is working with the police to investigate, and if found to be a brothel, we shall support police in closing it down.”
A Met spokeswoman said officers had visited the location previously, but found no evidence it was operating as a brothel at that time.
“We will look into this again,” she added.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Havering Council leader calls for legal action over ‘short-sighted’ police station closure plan
PUBLISHED: 18:00 07 November 2017
Matthew Clemenson  Romford Recorder

Councillor Roger Ramsey, Leader of Havering Council at Hornchurch Police Station. Photo: Havering Council
The leader of Havering Council has called for legal action over the “deeply flawed” public consultation held about now-approved plans to close Rainham and Hornchurch police stations.

Last week, the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) announced that after a 12-week consultation, plans to close Rainham and Hornchurch Police Stations along with seven Safer Neighbourhood Team bases would go ahead.
Councillor Roger Ramsey, who described himself as “utterly disappointed” in the decision, has since met with the Deputy Mayor for Policing, Sophie Linden and lobbied to save the borough’s public access points.
Cllr Ramsey said the outcome of the MOPAC consultation was “unacceptable” to a borough like Havering facing large levels of population growth.
“This is why we will be looking into a legal challenge,” he added.
“This is a short-sighted decision that will leave residents in the south of the borough with the need to travel to Romford for a police station in the borough with a front desk service.”
The Institute of Consultation has questioned the validity of MOPAC’s approach during the 12 weeks, claiming its approach was “deeply flawed” with “leading questions biased to elicit a particular answer” and failed to seek “any demographic data to understand who responds”.
Cllr Ramsey went on: “This means that our residents’ voices have not been taken into consideration, which questions the purpose of this consultation as it seems a decision had already been made.
“The council has offered to provide space for police use in outlying areas and will stick to that whatever happens.
“I urge local residents to send their comments to their local MPs, who I would encourage to raise this issue in Parliament.”
In a joint foreword to the finalised plans which were published late last month, Sophie Linden, deputy mayor for policing and crime, and Cressida Dick, Metropolitan Police commissioner, stressed their “first priority is keeping Londoners safe”.
They said: “Our investment in front line policing, and the equipment needed for a 21st century police force, is made possible by selling expensive to run buildings – many of which only support ‘back-office’ activity – which are underused or no longer needed.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
Now he knows what it feels like to be ignored,Havering council have been ignoring residents petitions for years,Khama.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Short sighted?
Perhaps that silly old bugger should get his eyes tested.
Is old Rog getting a bit panicky now the elections looming?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

It does seem such a short-sighted policy, once those assets have gone they're gone forever just to make a quick buck. If we needed them with the present population, why are they not needed as we are about to get a huge influx of new residents?

I just hope it isn't a green light to the local criminal fraternity. Time will tell.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Soi 6 or Walking St.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Lovely post, fred!

Raynham police station will not be missed it was only open 3 hours per week.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Essex police mop up our local criminals.

Romford teenager arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
PUBLISHED: 16:37 08 November 2017
Matthew Clemenson   Romford Recorder

A group of four teenagers were arrested after a high-speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood this morning. Picture: PA
A 19-year-old from Romford has been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a foot chase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.

Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Romford doctor Manish Shah accused of more than 100 sexual assaults will stand trial next September
PUBLISHED: 15:03 10 November 2017 | UPDATED: 15:20 10 November 2017
Matthew Clemenson   Romford Recorder

Romford GP Dr Manish Shah arriving at Barkingside Magistrates Court to face charges of 118 sexual assaults
A Romford GP accused of 119 sexual offences, including assaulting a girl aged under 13, will face trial next autumn.

Manish Shah, 48, of Brunel Close, is accused of assaulting 55 victims at his surgery in Havering between 2004 and 2013.
The surgery cannot be named for legal reasons.
The allegations include 66 assaults by penetration, 52 sexual assaults and one sexual assault of a child.
Shah appeared at the Old Bailey for a hearing before the trial judge Anne Molyneux QC.
The judge set a provisional trial to start on September 24 at the Old Bailey.
Prosecutor Rosina Cottage QC told the court the case would go on for up to four months.
A plea and directions hearing is due to take place on March 9.
The case was originally due to take place at Snaresbrook Crown Court but was transferred to the Old Bailey.
The defendant, of Brunel Close, Romford, was granted continued conditional bail.
12345678 ... 31