The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

I can tell you what his comment is likely to be.

"Crime figures continue to fall"

Re: The changing face of Havering....

dalek1
Yes of course Connie forgot about that.
I'm sure he sits looking at a pile of stats and decides what not to put forward as a crime.
Perhaps the  plod should  visit the  town hall and do a proper investigation of fraud scams backhanders
ect going on on a regular basis.
But them crime would go off the scale not continue to fall.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Just about sums up life today unfortunately cock.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

bellend
a backhander is tax free, look at it as a reward for services above and beyond normal duties, it's like a tip recognition for a job well done. this reward has to be well spent, spent as cash normally placed in a tin under the bed or in an offshore account that shows inventive and imaginative sophistication, let us encourage this endeavour and give a loud cry a for St George the flag and the queen.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

England goalkeeper Joe Hart robbed of phone and wallet by moped gang
Tanveer Mann for Metro.co.uk Saturday 21 Oct 2017 9:41 am

Joe Hart, 30, was robbed of his phone and wallet by a gang on mopeds (Picture: Rex) England goalkeeper Joe Hart has been robbed of his phone and wallet by a gang of thieves on mopeds while he filled up his car at a petrol station. Unconscious woman kicked in the head as thug launches attack outside Tesco The 30-year-old footballer was on the way home from West Ham’s training ground when three thieves struck while he filled up his car at a petrol station near ROMFORD, Essex. The gang surrounded the West Ham player on two mopeds as he got into his car last week and took his phone, watch and wallet According to a source, Hart was not hurt but was left ‘pretty shaken up’. The gang surrounded the West Ham player on two mopeds as he got into his car last week and took his phone, watch and wallet (Picture: Getty) They told The Sun: ‘He’s a big powerful guy and it took some nerve to rob him. If it can happen to the safest pair of hands in England it can happen to anyone.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/21/england-goalkeeper-joe-hart-robbed-of-phone-and-wallet-by-moped-gang-7016403/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Re: The changing face of Havering....

dalek1
The safest pair of hands in England?
Good lord with the Hammers shipping two goals a game I'm surprised he wasn't robbed of everything including his underpants.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Nice work if you can get it! Notice that you don't have to say what you've actually achieved - more important that your "equalities" credentials are ok. "Equalities" as defined by middle-class white men. Like Jim Green?

https://www.jobsgopublic.com/jobs/strategy-and-commissioning-manager-lbh00333

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Breaking News
Man arrested after ‘chemical incident’ in Romford
PUBLISHED: 17:37 24 October 2017
Hayley Anderson   Romford Recorder

A 'chemical incident' has taken place in Davidson Way, Romford. Emergency services are attending.
Emergency services are lining the streets in Romford following a “chemical incident”.

Police were called at about 3.50pm to a commercial premises in Davidson Way, Romford, following reports.
Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade are at the scene.
A passer-by said: “The whole area is blocked off because of what’s happened, there are blue lights everywhere.”
A 37-year-old man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
He was then arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and taken to an east London police station.
There were no other reported injuries.
This is not being treated as a terrorist incident.
Inquiries continue.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Rainham MP urges residents to report moped crime after less than 100 incidents recorded in Havering this year
PUBLISHED: 07:00 26 October 2017
Hayley Anderson Romford Recorder

Reporter Hayley Anderson joined the police for Operation Venice, targeting moped crime in Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham. Picture: Hayley Anderson
One of the borough’s MPs says the latest police figures for moped crime in Havering should be treated with scepticism.

The statistics, obtained by Liberal Democrat London Assembly member Caroline Pidgeon, reveal there have been 17,606 recorded moped-enabled crimes across London since the start of the year.
However, the information shows that only 99 of these have been reported in Havering.
And Rainham and Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas says these figures do not match his own experiences.
He told the Recorder: “Unfortunately, we have to consider these figures with scepticism.
“They only record reported crime, not the actual crime that constituents see every week, and across London moped and scooter crime is up 41pc year on year.
“What I am hearing in my inbox and at my constituency surgeries is clear: moped crime is a massive scourge on our streets.
“Scotland Yard agrees that, often, hijacking is taking place in our community and the bikes are later being used in the West End. “It’s a terrifying and violent crime that is blighting our communities and needs to be tackled as a frontline priority.”
But a Detective Sergeant from the Met’s East Area Command Unit – combining Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham – stressed that officers in the area were “constantly and actively targeting moped crime”.
To make that work as effective as possible, he called on residents to ensure they always reported any moped-related crime.
Det Sgt Dean Grafton said: “Officers across the three boroughs are doing their part in tackling moped crime, the public need to do theirs and report it directly to us, otherwise we won’t know the problem areas we need to target.
“Posting videos or images on social media is helpful to some extent in identifying possible offenders, however we don’t know the location, the victims, the context of the problem.
“We have been working hard within the MPS and especially East Area to prevent crime and seek maximum disruption for the perpetrators of moped crime.
“This has been successful and has seen a continuing month on month reduction in moped thefts and moped enabled crime.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

It's a good job we've got crime under control here in Havering and we don't need the police any longer.

Mayor’s office to go ahead with planned police station closures across Havering
PUBLISHED: 13:30 01 November 2017 | UPDATED: 13:35 01 November 2017
Matthew Clemenson  Romford Recorder.

Councillor Roger Ramsey, Leader of Havering Council at Hornchurch Police Station. Photo: Havering Council
All but one of Havering’s police stations will be closed over the next few years to help the Met make savings of £400million, it has been announced today.

On July 14, the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) put forward proposals to close both Hornchurch and Rainham police stations along with seven Safer Neighbourhood bases where members of the public can contact the Police’s Safer Neighbourhood teams face-to-face.
Such a move would only leave one 24-hour publicly accessible police station in the borough – Romford.
A patrol base in Spilsbury Road, Harold Hill, will also remain open, while a Met-owned building in Tadworth Parade, Elm Park, will be converted into a hub for dedicated ward officers.
A 12-week public consultation – which included two meetings in Havering for residents to have their say on the proposals – was held on the plans, and more than 4,000 Londoners responded.
Despite many raising concerns about closing police stations and front counters, all proposed changes in the borough are now set to become a reality.
In a joint foreword to the finalised plans, Sophie Linden, deputy mayor for policing and crime, and Cressida Dick, Metropolitan Police commissioner, stressed “our first priority is keeping Londoners safe”.
They said: “Our investment in front line policing, and the equipment needed for a 21st century police force, is made possible by selling expensive to run buildings – many of which only support ‘back-office’ activity – which are underused or no longer needed.
“This investment will equip officers with the technology they need to spend more time out in the communities they serve.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
Good old John Cruddas has saved the Dagenhan east police station he energised the locals got them out on the streets filled petitions and got the right people on his side.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
Was my Mother-in-laws MP good bloke,looks after his constituents.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
Yes if the people of havering want a way forward they must throw out those useless independents and vote for a real party.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Ho-Hum
Are you saying Percy, if somebody started a Cornflake Eating Party it would be more viable than those nasty Independents?

Incidentally, it's the electorate that's more important and they can jolly well give their X to ever they choose.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
If they want to vote for a disparate bunch of individuals with no allegiances then they can indeed vote Independent .However if they want a party to lead the council or one to be a real opposition they need to vote for a party with a manifesto and some real allegiances.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

he does well to govern Dagenham and Rainham from Nottinghill

I did raise that with him,he became rather denfensive,usual crap able to commute,in touch electronically blah blah,but he did sort out problem.
Also had air miles going loopy on my doorstep when l enquired about his £140,000 plus exes couple of elections back,they don’t like scrunity.

Most of that £140,000 went on repairing and running the Dagenham office.The real problem is there are no Branches in any of the three Havering wards so Havering does not get as much say as Dagenham despite having 40% of the population.

Was Rosindell Percy,absolutely lost it,brought the neighbours out he had the little blondy woman with him,the one who f....d off to Yorkshire.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch
So say all of us Roger.

Havering Council leader ‘utterly disappointed’ by decision to close borough’s police stations
PUBLISHED: 09:00 03 November 2017
Matthew Clemenson  Romford Recorder

Councillor Roger Ramsey, Leader of Havering Council at Hornchurch Police Station. Photo: Havering Council
Havering Council leader Roger Ramsey has blasted the “absurd” decision to close all but one of Havering’s police stations and vowed to fight to save them.

On Wednesday, the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) announced that after a 12-week consultation, plans to close Rainham and Hornchurch Police Stations along with seven Safer Neighbourhood Team bases would go ahead.
Cllr Ramsey, who had previously urged residents to speak out against the plans during the public consultation, said he was determined the move should not negatively impact residents’ safety.
He said: “We are utterly disappointed and this could have a detrimental impact on the safety of our borough which is why we will not be taking this lightly and will continue to campaign against this short-sighted decision.
“The result of the consultation will leave residents in the south of the borough without any public police contact, and it is absurd to expect these residents to travel over an hour to their nearest police station.
“Residents have spoken up to save their stations, and I have had meetings with the Deputy Mayor for Policing, Sophie Linden, but we won’t stop there.
“The safety of our borough is paramount and we will do everything we can to push for a better outcome for our residents.”

Maybe they want a lawless borough, but why?
1234567 ... 24