The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

It was a meeting of the Havering Over 50's Forum.

http://havo50forum.org/blog/blognews/

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
Gosh I thought this was the over 50s Forum.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Phil Wailing
Percy this is the over 60's Forum.

Worrying isn't it.

When asked whether the closures would have an effect on police response times, Mr Simmons (the Met’s deputy assistant commissioner) insisted the:-

 “closures would only affect public access to the police, but that operational bases across the borough would all remain open, and so response times would not change.”

The Metropolitan Police Service is supposed to respond to significant incidents within one hour but the response time was six hours and 24 minutes on average in April and May, and 11 hours 22 minutes in June. The force’s target is for 90 per cent of these calls to be reached within 60 minutes.

Havering’s police are also missing their target for emergency calls.

The Met says 90 per cent are supposed to be reached within 15 minutes, but the average response time was 24 minutes in May and 28 minutes in June.

The response times are already completely unacceptable and the Met’s deputy assistant commissioner Mark Simmons said:- “response times would not change.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
I was at a drop inmeeting yesterday ar Ardliegh house and the police said that while the four stations onthe hill were closing one unit they use was tobe extended but this was not for public access and they wouldmeet the public at advertised dropin sessions.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

That's probably from the same script writer that claimed "crime figures continue to fall"

They recently threw that script away and admitted that some crimes were on the rise.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

If this is an 'over 60's forum' I hope we will be in line for special police attention if we need it.

"Mr Reynolds insisted a post such as a dedicated vulnerable groups officer should be created to deal with the issue."

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Phil Wailing
I suspect more police and not closing two thirds of the boroughs police bases would be the best way to deal with the problem.

If they cut the overseas aid budget by 8% they could give the Met their £ billion back, I would rather the met had the money than Pakistan's space programme.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

I'm not quite there yet.
Another three and a bit years to go before I qualify for free travel on TFL.
Anyone read any of the Over 50's newsletter?
If so fancy a bit of wing walking with our delightful mayoress?
Or Bungee jumping with Havering cabinet members?
As a bonus you get to tie the ropes!

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Don't bank on the free travel dalek, they'll probably have taken it away by the time you qualify, this austerity doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

dalek1
If thats the case can I use yours then Connie?

I'm afraid not, that would class as fraudulent use and get us both into trouble.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Experiment not a success then?

Council leader describes response times as ‘disappointing’ since tri-borough police merger
PUBLISHED: 15:29 14 September 2017 | UPDATED: 15:29 14 September 2017
Hayley Anderson  Romford Recorder

Police response times have been labelled "not acceptable". Picture: Ellie Hoskins
Police response times have been branded “disappointing”, with one in three high risk calls not being responded to quickly enough.

Havering Council leader Councillor Roger Ramsey revealed how response times for the East Area Command Unit – made up of police officers from Havering, Redbridge and Barking – compared to the rest of the capital, at Wednesday night’s full council meeting.

He firstly explained that high priority calls are classified as “I” for immediate and “S” for significant and that the Metropolitan Police Service aims to respond to “I” calls within 15 minutes and to “S” calls within an hour.
Across the capital over the past 12 months, 84.4pc of “I” calls and 76.2pc of “S” calls have been responded to within the target times.
But, Cllr Ramsey said, the tri-borough had only responded to 67pc of “I” calls and 56pc of the “S” calls within the charter time.
More recently fewer than half of “S” calls were being dealt with during the dedicated one hour period.
“The recent figures for police response times in the borough have been particularly disappointing.
“It will be of no surprise to me if members were now to question the value of any further involvement in this three-borough pilot and to demand a rethink of the whole proposal.
“We shall clearly need to give immediate consideration to this matter.”
In June 2016, before the formation of the East Area Command Unit, around 75pc of “I” calls were appropriately responded to but during the same month this year, this figure dropped by about 30pc.
As figures have come to light, the tri-borough response teams have once again been separated to take emergency calls in individual boroughs.
Deputy assistant commissioner Mark Simmons said: “In the last week, they’ve gone up from around 55pc of calls within our target, which was absolutely not good enough, but this last week they’ve hit over 70pc.
“We’ve made some major changes to how we’re doing it, in response.
“Now I know that’s just over a single week, so I know people will want to see that continue to go up, but it proves we’re going in the right direction.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Having to live within your means is a bit of a bark for the entitled amongst us,but this bout of austerity is a lot better than the one in the late 40s early fifties when there was fuck all to buy,my orange came out of a bottle from the WRVS as there weren't any real ones till the ration went off in '54.Plenty of food in the shops last time l looked.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

No! It wasn't a success.

Police chief admits mistakes made during Havering’s police merger with other boroughs impacted response times
PUBLISHED: 07:00 15 September 2017
Matt Clemenson & HAYLEY ANDERSON

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Mark Simmons. Picture: Met Police
A senior police officer has admitted mistakes made by the Met during the tri-borough merger have caused response times in Havering to plummet.

At a Havering Council meeting on Wednesday night, council leader Roger Ramsey deemed current response times “not acceptable”.
But he refused to brand the tri-borough pilot, which combined Havering’s police force with those of Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge in January, a mistake.
However, at a separate public meeting on Wednesday, deputy assistant commissioner Mark Simmons accepted the merger had not been handled well.
He said: “I’m not going to make any bones about it, we tried to do too much when we put the Basic Command Unit together, and the evidence of that is there for all to see.
“We’ve now almost gone back to the old system – we’ve learnt the lessons from that.
“Some parts of the trial have worked well, but in terms of response times, no, we take that absolutely on the chin, we didn’t get that right.
“We made it difficult for the staff here and we think we’ve now made the changes we need to.
“The proof of the pudding for that will be what happens now over the coming weeks.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
It seems it keeps coming back to"if it ain't broke don't fix it"but the numpties that are now in charge of the Met have to justify their existence somehow.but they don't suffer from their decisions unfortunately.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Shocked residents left ‘terrified’ as forensic team begins murder investigation in Rainham street
PUBLISHED: 14:30 03 October 2017 | UPDATED: 14:33 03 October 2017
Matthew Clemenson   Romford Recorder.

Police and forensic officers at the scene of a murder on Hood Road in Rainham
“Terrified” residents of a residential Rainham road have expressed their shock upon learning that a murder investigation was underway in one of the street’s first floor flats.

Police and forensic officers at the scene of a murder on Hood Road in Rainham
Earlier today, detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command confirmed they were treating the discovery of a dead body in a maisonette in Hood Road on Monday morning as a murder investigation.
A 46-year-old man – who police believe knew the victim – was arrested on Monday night in Hornchurch. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
The police, who have not yet revealed how the man died, cordoned off a large section of the road. Forensic teams were still at the scene at midday on Tuesday.
“It’s terrifying, there were so many police about,” one Hood Road resident told the Recorder.
Police and forensic officers at the scene of a murder on Hood Road in Rainham
“I’ve lived here for years, and last night for the first time I went and locked my back door while I was just sitting in the living room.
“It’s sad that that’s the kind of world we’re living in now.”
Detectives believe they know the 51-year-old victim’s identity, but await formal identification.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course and his next of kin have not yet been informed.
Another resident, who lives a matter of yards from the murder scene, told the Recorder the block of maisonettes where the body was found has frequently been a spot for anti-social behaviour.
She said: “They don’t really have anything to do with the rest of us, but you would get strange cars coming and going at all times of the night there.
“It always seemed dodgy to me.”
Another said: “Last night there were more police than I’ve ever seen, dozens of cars up and down the road, and they were still here when I went to bed at half 11.
“At first we thought it might be terror related or something, no one had mentioned murder – the police haven’t told us anything, just kept saying they were ‘making enquiries’.
Pointing to the building opposite his house that had forensic investigators marching in and out of it at steady intervals, he added: “We’ve never had anything like this round here before – we have a few burglaries and thefts from cars every now and then, but nothing like this.”
Anyone with information that may assist police can call the incident room at Hendon on 020 8358 0300. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Rainham family appeal for help after burglars steal grandmother Jean’s beautiful engagement ring
PUBLISHED: 10:58 05 October 2017  Romford Recorder
Ralph Blackburn

Walter and Jean Gardiner who were happily married for 64 years until Walter died in 2015. Burglars have stolen Jean's engagement ring, inset, from Rainham, and the family are devastated. Picture: Gardiner Family
A Rainham family have been left devastated after callous burglars stole the beautiful engagement ring given by granddad Walter to his wife 66 years ago.

Burglars have stolen Jean's engagement ring, given by her late husband Walter, and the family are devastated. Picture: Gardiner Family
Walter Gardiner sadly died in 2015, after being happily married for more than half a century, and his widow Jean, 84, and daughter Ann, 58, are desperate to get the ring back.
The thieves broke into Ann’s house, in Warwick Road, at around 1pm yesterday, shortly after she had left, and when Jean was at a hospital appointment.
They took the engagement ring, a special necklace with Walter’s face engraved on it and some other jewellery, but left £200 which was lying in the kitchen.
Ann’s daughter Jess Dellar-Gardiner, who only moved from her mum’s house to Hornchuch last month, told the Recorder that her “nan couldn’t stop crying” when she heard the terrible news.
Walter and Jean Gardiner on their wedding day 64 years ago. They were happily married until Walter died in 2015. Burglars have stolen Jean's engagement ring from Rainham, and the family are devastated. Picture: Gardiner Family
“She’s so devastated,” Jess, 23, said.
“She still thinks you can leave your doors unlocked like in the old days.”
Jess continued: “My mum’s got almost nothing, and they took everything she had.
“My nan told me the ring has no value, it cost £15 and 10 shillings in 1961.
Walter and Jean Gardiner who were happily married for 64 years until Walter died in 2015. Burglars have stolen Jean's engagement ring from Rainham, and the family are devastated. Picture: Gardiner Family
“We don’t care about the other stuff, they can keep that, we just want the ring back.”
Jess explained that Walter proposed to Jean just after he had returned from the navy, when he was just 20 years old.
The pair spent the next 64 years of their lives very much in love, before Walter sadly died two years ago.
“After that my nan gave the ring to my mum to keep it in the family,” Jess said tearfully.
Left to right: Jean Gardiner, granddaughters Georgina and Jess, and husband Walter. Picture: Gardiner Family
“My nan’s so family orientated, she would do anything for us.”
Officers from the East Area Command Unit are investigating the burglary.
A Met police spokesman said: “Witnesses reported two males breaking into the property and then fleeing in a car driven by a third person.”
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
If you have any information please help the Gardiners and contact the police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Havering the destination for stolen Fiesta ST.

Police recover stolen car in Cranham after 125mph chase down the A127
PUBLISHED: 16:40 09 October 2017 | UPDATED: 16:50 09 October 2017
Matthew Clemenson    Romford Recorder

The blue Ford Fiesta was reported stolen at 10.41pm in Leigh-on-Sea on Sunday night and, after a 125mph chase down the A127, was recovered in Cranham. Photo: Essex Police
A high speed car chase down the A127 on Sunday night saw police officers clock 125mph pursuing a stolen car that was eventually found abandoned in Cranham.

An Essex Police spokeswoman confirmed they were called to a residential road in Leigh-on-Sea just after 10.40pm to reports of a blue Ford Fiesta being stolen.
She said: “Officers pursued the vehicle along the A127 and followed the vehicle in to Met ground.
“It was later found abandoned by officers from the Metropolitan Police in Sunnycroft Gardens, Cranham.”
A tweet from officers at Essex Police’s force control room late on Sunday night confirmed the chase down the A127 began at 10.51pm, and that the vehicle was recovered undamaged.
There have been no arrests and inquiries are continuing.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police officers at Southend police station on 101.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Collier Row duo jailed after kidnap victim threatened with rape and dumped in Gants Hill
PUBLISHED: 13:53 10 October 2017 | UPDATED: 14:55 10 October 2017
Rosaleen Fenton

Ross Bright, 30 and Alex Callcut, 31,both of Highfield Road, Collier Row, have been jailed for their role in an extortion gang
Four men responsible for kidnapping a man and assaulting him have been jailed for a total of more than 35 years.

Tyssen Newland, 36, of Treecot Drive in Leigh-on-Sea, who was waiting in the back of the car, was sentenced to 14 years in prison.
The horrific ordeal saw the victim kidnapped from his home in Peterborough and driven to a gym in Dagenham where he was threatened with rape and assaulted.
Two of the gang members, Ross Bright, 30 and Alex Callcut, 31, of Highfield Road, Collier Row, have now been imprisoned for a total of 13 and a half years.
The kidnapping began on December 18 last year when the victim, a man in his 20s, heard a knock at the door.
He was greeted by two men, who claimed they were police officers and that they needed to speak to him about a matter in Ilford.
Nigel Collins, 38, of Fremantle Road, Barkingside has been jailed for ten years
Suspecting something wasn’t right, the man told his wife to call the police and confirm the situation.
On hearing this the two men barged their way into the house, covered the victim’s head with a jumper and bundled him into the back of a Mitsubishi Warrior.
Swiping his mobile phone, the duo told him that he owed them £20,000, before beating him around the head.
The two men who bundled the victim into the Mitsubishi were later identified as being Nigel Collins, 38, of Fremantle Road, Barkingside and Callcut.
On Friday, the duo was each sentenced to 10 years in prison at Cambridge Crown Court after they were found guilty of conspiracy to kidnap.
Tyssen Newland, 36, of Treecot Drive in Leigh-on-Sea, who was waiting in the back of the car, was sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Whilst driving, the victim was assaulted, threatened and made to call members of his family to tell them they needed to pay in order to secure his release.
The group eventually arrived at The Unorthodox Gym, in Rainham Road North, Dagenham, where Bright led the group inside.
The victim was threatened with rape and constantly assaulted.
Eventually, he was eventually driven to Perth Road, in Gants Hill, where he was pushed out of the vehicle with his head still covered, wearing just shorts, a t-shirt and no shoes.
After pleading guilty to conspiracy to kidnap earlier this year, Bright was jailed for three-and-a-half years on Friday.
Det Ch Insp Jerry Waite said: “The length of the sentences issued today just shows the severity of this crime which was clearly an organised kidnapping which has had a detrimental effect on not only the victim but also his family.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

dalek1
Last Saturday in Romford.
I spent my usual two hours wandering aimlessly whilst Little Miss D1 was at her stage school and here's what I saw.
Went to Poundland  in the Brewery and while I was at the checkout two Eastern Europeans strode out the shop with a load of stuff without paying.
I asked the cashier who was serving me where their security people were and was told they don't have anyone on site.
Any  sign of the old bill? Er no.
Then I walked along Echange way to South Street and a bunch of teenage yobbos were amusing themselves by chucking road cones at each other and anyone who got in the way.
Any sign of the old bill? Er no.
Onto South street and another bunch of intimidating teenage shits strolling up and down yeah man innit.
Any  old bill? Er no again.
I'm sure if a busker who would entertain folk and causes no harm was in South street an armed response unit would be out and another poor innocent like De Meneses would be in his grave.
Perhaps our wonderful borough commander would care to comment?
123456 ... 24