The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Ho-Hum
Essentially Havering only has 1 Police Station and that's Romford.  Hornchurch is open BUT with limited access.

The days of policemen on the beat are long gone.  Panda Cars and Noddy Bikes reined for awhile before vanishing overnight, thus the streets are open to anarchy.

We need a Town Tamer....Wyatt Earp would do nicely.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Proposed police station closures in London.

Interactive Map

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Property sell offs?
Who's in receipt of the brownies then?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Havering had the third highest number of acid attacks in London from 2010 to 2017, after Newham and Barking and Dagenham - Over this period there were 108 attacks involving corrosive fluids in the borough.

In 2017 the Romford Recorder reported on seven acid attacks in three weeks in February, including one man left fearing he would lose the sight in his left eye. Attacks have taken place across the borough, including in McDonald’s, South Street, Romford and on a roadside in Rainham.

CLICK HERE

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Yet Havering claims to have the largest population of elderly residents? Surely they aren't out on the streets throwing acid about?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Hammer wielding thugs on moped smash up mum’s car in Romford in spate of attacks
PUBLISHED: 11:22 07 September 2017 | UPDATED: 12:11 07 September 2017
Ellena Cruse and Tom Horton  Romford Recorder

Two people on a moped who allegedly smashed up a vulnerable mum's car with a hammer.
A pair of hammer wielding “hooligans” chased a vulnerable mother as she drove home from work and smashed her car window – part of a spate of attacks in the area.

The victim was driving along London Road, Romford, when a moped zoomed past her at around 4.30pm on Tuesday.
She braked hard to avoid them, but the riders swerved around in a U-turn and began to scream and swear at her.
Fearing for her safety, and worried about a possible acid attack, she drove away, but the pair followed her through the backstreets of Romford.
The thugs then sped in front of her, forcing her to stop.
The victim’s partner told the Recorder that the backseat rider then got off the moped and smashed her rear window with a hammer.
“She was absolutely terrified and didn’t know what to do,” he said.
“She feared he was going to spray acid.
“She was a woman, coming home alone going to pick up her boys and the attack was completely unprovoked, it was disgraceful.
“I feel so angry, these people have no respect for anyone and they are destroying people’s lives by going around and causing havoc.”
He picked up his partner after the ordeal, and said she was “hysterical and upset”.
“Something needs to happen to stop these moped attacks, I don’t know what the answer is,” he added.
In the same afternoon there were four other incidents with moped drivers wielding a hammer, in the border of Romford and Dagenham.
Three attacks were on learner drivers accompanied by instructors, and one on a 72-year-old man.
Pensioner David Bailey had his car targeted at 8am in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham.
He said: “It’s absolutely terrifying – I was moving along slowly and all of a sudden I heard a bang.
“I thought I’d hit something so I stopped, then there were these two men peering in through my window.”
Aamir Hoban, a driving instructor, was with a pupil on Green Lane at 10am when his car was vandalised. His dashcam captured the incident on film.
“It was very scary. These two men were going along slowly, then they just started damaging my car,” he said.
Det Sgt Dean Grafton, who is leading Operation Venice in the tri-borough area, the Met’s programme to stop moped enabled crime, said “at this early stage we cannot confirm whether the incidents are linked”.
He said: “I can confirm that police are investigating reports of persons on a moped causing criminal damage to vehicles in the Dagenham area that occurred on Tuesday.
“Two males were arrested yesterday afternoon on a stolen moped and have both since been released under investigation.
“Police continue to tackle moped enabled crime under Operation Venice.
“Any witnesses or victims to any such incidents should report these matters to 101 or 999 in an emergency.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Police and Royal Mail investigators raid Romford address over £800,000 scam
PUBLISHED: 14:29 07 September 2017 | UPDATED: 14:29 07 September 2017
Ralph Blackburn Romford Recorder.

The Royal Mail Investigations Team is collaborating with police. (Picture: Dave Thompson/PA)
Police and members of the Royal Mail Investigations Team conducted a dawn raid in Romford yesterday, over an alleged £800,000 identity fraud racket.

Detectives from Falcon – the Met’s team tackling Fraud and Linked Crime Online – executed two other search warrants in residential addresses in Haringey and Leytonstone.
Police and the Royal Mail are investigating a reported £800,000 scam.
They believe stolen banking documents, cards and passbooks have been passed to “money mules” to make purchases, open bank accounts and commit identity fraud.
Two men, aged 25 and 32, were arrested yesterday on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering between April 18 2014 and September 6 2017.
They were questioned at a north London police station, before being released under investigation.
The two arrested men are not Royal Mail employees.
Joint inquiries between the Falcon detectives and Royal Mail investigators are ongoing.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Metropolitan Police to hold public meeting in Romford to discuss potential cuts and closures
PUBLISHED: 17:15 07 September 2017
Matthew Clemenson  Romford Recorder.

On Wednesday evening from 6pm-8pm, a public meeting will be held at The Salvation Army in Romford High Street, with residents invited to have their say on plans to close a number of police front counters throughout east London.
Under proposals set out by the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (Mopac) this week, Havering Police are set to lose eight of their Safer Neighbourhood Team bases, as well as four administrative spaces.
In a foreword to the proposals co-written by Sophie Linden, deputy mayor for policing and crime, and Met Commissioner Cressida Dick, the pair acknowledge the scale of the challenge currently facing police officers.
They write: “On top of the £600 million already saved from the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) budget, London’s police now need to deliver a further £400 million of savings over the next four years. £200 million of these have been identified, but a further £200 million still need to be found.
“Tackling this financial challenge forces us to make some tough choices.”
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan also said London faced a stark choice between closing police premises or reducing frontline services.
He said: “The huge Government cuts to the MPS have left us with no choice but to take drastic action to protect the frontline of policing.
“My top priority is keeping Londoners safe, and every pound saved by closing a front counter is a pound of savings that we do not have to find by reducing the frontline.
“By freeing up officers and moving them closer to their communities, they will be able to spend more time on the beat to tackle the issues that matter most to Londoners, such as knife crime, anti-social behaviour, hate crime and extremism, and domestic abuse.”

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
Is this planned todestroy the protest outside the town hall at the same time?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Coppers on the beat?
Is Khan talking totally out of his arsehole?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

I'd prefer Dirty Harry myself HH.
Make my day or your shit out of luck.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Probably Perc but for anyone interested Rosindell Benham and Persaud are holding an open meeting at the Rush Green Social Club with the local police Seargent Steven Mangham a week Friday 15th from 7.15 onwards. Not sure if anyone would like to attend but please put the word out.
Well if you want to see a real live copper in Havering or to catch sight of local Tory councillors other than before election times then here's your very rare chance.
Strangely enough Roger (slugger) Westwood wont be in attendance.
Could it be that he's been sidelined for his antics knocking a woman and a kid flying at the solar farm protest last November or could it be he's just to totally useless shite even by Tory standards?
His thug like dial did not appear on the flyer advertising the event that came through my door just Rosser Benham and Persaud.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

He's probably reading from a script.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

dalek1
Could well be Connie but if thats the case he should hire another script writer.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Just prior to the kids breaking up for the summer hols I visited Romford library just to get a few orange sacks. Whilst there I noticed a security guard in on the premises and asked him what he was doing there. He told him they have been getting a lot of grief from schoolkids who've been harassing library users.
A few Saturdays ago I picked Little Miss D1 up from her stage school and all along South Street were hoards of teenage yobbos acting in a very intimidating manner.
Any sign of the old bill?
Nah 'course not.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

East Area Command Unit response times and plans to close police front counters to be discussed at meetings tonight
PUBLISHED: 07:00 13 September 2017
Hayley Anderson

Two meetings that will discuss policing in the borough will be held tonight. Picture: GaryOKane
Meetings on policing in the borough, in regards to response times and plans to close a number of police front counters in Havering, will be held tonight.

A public meeting where residents will be able to have their say, will be held at The Salvation Army, High Street, Romford, tonight from 6-8pm, giving attendees a chance to share their views on a number of counters closing throughout east London.

Under proposals set out by the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (Mopac), Havering Police are set to lose eight of their Safer Neighbourhood Team bases, as well as four administrative spaces.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan says London faced a stark choice between closing police premises or reducing frontline services.
He said: “By freeing up officers and moving them closer to their communities, they will be able to spend more time on the beat to tackle the issues that matter most to Londoners, such as knife crime, anti-social behaviour, hate crime and extremism, and domestic abuse.”
At Havering Town Hall tonight, a full council meeting will also take place.
A number of members’ questions are due to be discussed, including one put forward by Councillor Jeff Tucker, asking for an update on the Tri-borough police’s response times in comparison to other London boroughs.
The East Area Command Unit, typically known as the Tri-borough police unit made up of police from Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham, formed earlier this year.
Residents have raised their concerns about police response times since its formation and this matter will be talked about tonight at 7.30pm.

Well I have just spent a pleasant 30 minutes talking to two Police at their drop in session at Ardliegh college in the cafe. Very nice people the woman knows Lorraine.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

From the 'horse's mouth'.

Police chief promises proposed police station closures won’t affect Havering’s response times
PUBLISHED: 07:00 14 September 2017
Matthew Clemenson   Romford Recorder

Havering residents have been assured no police officers will be stationed more than a mile from their dedicated wards if plans to close the borough’s bases goes ahead.

Speaking at a public meeting at The Salvation Army in Romford High Street, the Met’s deputy assistant commissioner Mark Simmons outlined plans to close eight of Havering’s Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) bases and instead create four SNT hubs that would, along with Romford police station, cover the whole borough.

Hornchurch and Rainham police stations would also be sold off under the plans.
Martin Tunstall, from the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, began the meeting by making clear the scale of the issue, which sees the Met trying to slash £1bn from its budget since 2010.
He said: “The only choice that we now have, having already taken a huge amount of cost out of the police, really cut policing to the bone, is a choice between police buildings, and police officers.
To be really clear, we don’t want to be in this position, coming to you and telling you we have to close police buildings, but unfortunately we are desperate to protect the frontline as much as we can do, and so in that clear choice between officers and buildings, we’re going to take the officers that you all value every time.”
Det Supt Jane Scotchbrook, who is in charge of neighbourhood policing across the newly created East Area Command that combined Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham’s police forces, then revealed Havering was being asked to save £259,000 per year – the equivalent of 4.7 fully funded police officers.
After plans to improve the public’s ability to report crime online were discussed, Cliff Reynolds, chairman of the Havering over 50’s forum, insisted that, as the borough has the highest proportion of elderly people in London, the Met’s plans must be changed accordingly.
Mr Simmons assured the meeting he was aware of Havering’s particular needs, but Mr Reynolds insisted a post such as a dedicated vulnerable groups officer should be created to deal with the issue.
He said: “I had a meeting at Havering Town Hall yesterday to with 84 elderly people who represent our entire community, they are disgusted, they are afraid and you are turning your backs on them.
“If you go ahead with this your confidence will go right down, and you won’t get crimes reported because there will be nowhere to report them.
“Forty-three square miles with one police station will not do, so stop it.”
Other issues raised by residents at the meeting included new locations for ward panel meetings that would need to be found once the current properties were sold and the fact that these closures did not appear to have been tested or piloted elsewhere.
When asked whether the closures would have an effect on police response times, Mr Simmons insisted the closures would only affect public access to the police, but that operational bases across the borough would all remain open, and so response times would not change.
Leaflets explaining the details of the public consultation on the proposed closures are due to be disseminated across Havering in the next few days, and the consultation will close on October 6th.
An online copy of the consultation can be found and completed at www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/mopac-consultations/share-your-views-accessing-met

Let's hope crime figures continue to fall.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
So how were these 84 elderly people chosen were they just grabbed from a home or was it advertised and volunteers invited to it.Secret meetings again.