The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

The changing face of Havering - Romford is out of control - Where are the Police - What is Rosindell doing?

Well Councillor White.. Why don't you build another 30,000 flats for inner London's gangs???

http://havering-forum.46540.x6.nabble.com/The-Changing-Face-of-Havering-Inner-London-boroughs-move-their-problems-to-Havering-td49990.html

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Crime figures continue to fall (but not in Havering)

Two men arrested after pair shot and another man stabbed at Romford party
PUBLISHED: 22:27 23 July 2017 | UPDATED: 22:27 23 July 2017
Matthew Clemenson

Police were called to Bridge Close, Romford, at 5.30am on Sunday.
Two men were shot and one stabbed at a private party in Romford in the early hours of Sunday morning.

A Met Police spokesman confirmed they were called at 5.30am to a private event in Bridge Close, where they were informed someone had been seen in possession of a firearm.

He said: “Officers found a 29-year-old man – victim 1 – suffering from a stab wound. He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
“Two other men – victims 2 and 3 – were found with gunshot injuries. They were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Victim 3 has since been discharged.

Despite some reports on social media that a separate shooting had taken place nearby at Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, hospital staff tweeted a statement saying this was not the case.
Two men, a 22-year-old and a 30-year-old, have been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Inquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to contact officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
Left this in South London nearly 40 years ago,oh the joys of a diverse community.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

I suppose one of the benefits is you don't have to travel to inner London to get slashed or shot, we can now get it on our own doorstep.

Don't have nightmares, our perception of violent crime is much worse than the reality.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
Yes saw it yesterday near the ambulance station in those houses on the front .

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

‘It was only a matter of time’: Romford residents furious after two men shot at ‘illegal rave’

PUBLISHED: 15:06 24 July 2017
Matthew Clemenson (Romford Recorder)

One of the warehouses in Bridge Close, Romford, where two men were shot and another stabbed during an alleged illegal rave on Sunday. Photo: Matt Clemenson

Not enough was done to shut down an alleged illegal rave where two men were shot and another stabbed this weekend, angry residents claim.

Police were called at 5.30am on Sunday to a private event – believed to be an illegal rave – at a warehouse in Bridge Close, Romford.
They found one man stabbed and two others shot, although one of the gunshot victims has since been discharged from hospital.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
One Waterloo Road resident whose house backs on to Bridge Close, told the Recorder she woke to screams in the early hours.
She said: “I didn’t hear the actual shots but the kerfuffle afterwards woke me up, there were people screaming and hollering, it was really scary.
“They have parties round there all the time, I’ve lived here for years and you learn to sleep through the noise from the main road, but this was something else.
“All these houses and those warehouses are being bulldozed soon [to make way for Crossrail] and it’s like the police and the council have just given up on us.”

Lee Isen, a 46-year-old Oldchurch Road resident, says his life has been made “a living hell” by the thumping beats coming from the regular raves just a few hundred yards from his front door.
He told the Recorder: “It’s like the last days of Rome round here at the minute, you can hear the music pretty much non-stop at the weekends, it even started up again after all the police left.

“NOT A THING WAS DONE to stop the nuisance residents have had – if someone carrying a gun round isn’t enough for them to shut it down then what will be?
“Someone is going to need to die at one of these raves before the authorities shut it down for good.”
Elizabeth Connolly, whose Waterloo Road home also backs onto Bridge Close, shared the same sentiment.
She said: “It was only a matter of time until something like this happened, the idiots who organise these things think they can get away with murder.”

Havering Council has been contacted for comment.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Inquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to contact officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

fred
If the people involved aren't white nothing will be done,we need the Met to be run by the coppers of old not the PC brigade that are in charge now.I feel sorry for you we used to have partys? in the tower block we lived in South London Southwark Council not interested in sorting it,copper l knew told me that they were advised? to go easy-his words,but somebody down the nick wasn,t listening,flat invovled got raided.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Out in time for the next weekend rave?

Two men released but still under investigation in connection with shootings at illegal rave in Romford
PUBLISHED: 14:12 28 July 2017
Matthew Clemenson

One of the warehouses in Bridge Close, Romford, where two men were shot and another stabbed during an alleged illegal rave on Sunday. Photo: Matt Clemenson

Two men arrested in connection with the shooting of two men at an alleged illegal rave in Romford on Sunday morning have been released.

Both men, aged 22 and 30, had been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm after the incident at a private event in Bridge Close, Romford, at around 5.30am.
They have now been released, but remain under investigation.
Two men suffered gunshot wounds while another 29-year-old is still being treated after being stabbed – all three remain in hospital in a stable condition.
When police attended the call on Sunday morning, they spoke to people who attended the event who claimed to have seen someone with a gun.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Percy
From local Facebook forum.

My friend had a party for her daughters 16th on Friday night. Everyone got thrown out around midnight. Between 12am and 12.45 3 muggings took place with a load of boys that were in waiting with 3 people from the party, including 1 watch being taken. An über driver had his keys and wallet taken at knifepoint. After one of the boys came back to tell the adults standing outside he had been robbed her son approached approx 5 boys asking for the watch back. A fight broke out, they were kicking him in the head and he was stabbed. Approx another 20 boys appeared from no where (so obviously arranged) and all adults chased back into the house as they had knives. Her son was taken to London hospital and all is ok. The police are appealing for any CCTV that anyone has between Auckland, Christchurch, New Zealand and Cherry Tree Lane as they were seen walking past Kfc. Police have applied for Kfc's CCTV. We believe the muggings happened in Christchurch. She is not on this page so if anyone could inbox me any information please. They have a lot of info already but they are trying to get together as much as possible. The police have instructed her to put it on social media, any info will be treated in confidence.

Three muggings AND a stabbing, a watch, wallet and car keys stolen just in one night? Another job for the East Area Command Unit?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Oh if we could turn back the clock five years to when the original forum started and the only subject that raised a few eyebrows was a few gentlemen complaining about the over-enthusiastic use of the CCTV car.

It was fairly tame back then, but even so persons unknown found it necessary to hack the site in an attempt to close down discussion.

Now look at the state of this borough, it's almost pointless holding any discussions as we can all see the direction it's going and that's downhill.  (of course that's my personal opinion)

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Out of interest Percy have we any idea of the police response time?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

bellend
the tide is coming in, prepare for a high tide.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

THe police say they will be there on Tuesday Tomorrow.

That's quite good considering how few officers are left on the streets. Will it be warranted officers or just a couple of community support types?

Re: The changing face of Havering....

confused of hornchurch

Ricky Hayden killing: Pair acquitted of murder after bouncer stabbed to death outside home
PUBLISHED: 12:02 31 July 2017 | UPDATED: 12:13 31 July 2017
Sebastian Murphy-Bates and Ann-Marie Abbasah  (Romford Recorder)

Kosho Bar bouncer Ricky Hayden was stabbed to death outside his home with a machete Picture: Kosho Bar
Two men have been acquitted of murdering a 27-year-old bouncer who was stabbed to death with a machete metres from his home.

Ricky Hayden was killed in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, on Tuesday, September 13, after he and 55-year-old dad Paul Hayden confronted teenagers they believed were trying to steal his younger brother’s scooter.
Tommy Roome, 20, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, was found guilty of manslaughter after denying all charges against him.
Tarrell Hinds, 20, of Manford Cross, Hainault, was found not guilty of manslaughter.
Ricky’s dad Paul Hayden was injured in the confrontation in which Tommy Roome told the Old Bailey he put his hand on his knife handle after seeing the 55-year-old “swinging a baseball bat”.
Mourners wore Ricky Hayden's favourite colour orange at his funeral
Both Roome and Mr Hinds were found not guilty of attempted murder of Paul and Mr Hinds was subsequently discharged.
The jury previously heard how the pair had gone to Chadwell Heath on a moped looking for two brothers – Carter and Latham Jordan – with whom Roome had an ongoing dispute.
They claim to have stopped when they thought they saw one of the Jordan’s cars and were then confronted by Paul, Ricky and his 21-year-old brother Perry who had seen them stop near his scooter.
Giving evidence, Hinds said he had jumped off the back of the moped just as he spotted three men running down the road, he said.
Romford bouncer Ricky Hayden was stabbed to death outside his Chadwell Heath home
When he saw Paul had a baseball bat, Roome said he put his hand on the handle of his knife.
He told jurors: “They got closer to me. He was trying to hit me. I pulled the knife out of the case. I got hit.
“It was a stand off and that was it.”
He said that he was not aware he had hit Paul with the knife and the only reason he got it out was because the older man was “swinging a baseball bat”.
Less than a week after Ricky’s death, colleagues at Romford’s Kosho Club in South Street raised £7,500 in his memory as more than 600 people attended the event.
A third defendant, 20-year-old Kevin Malamba of Rodney Road, Southwark, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to perverting the course of justice.
The defendants will be sentenced at a later date.

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Don’t expect police to come out after a crime if you’re healthy, middle-aged and speak good English....

Victims of crime in London could be denied a personal visit from police unless they are judged to be sufficiently “vulnerable”, one of Scotland Yard’s most senior officers has warned.

Deputy commissioner Craig Mackey said the “absolutely feasible” change would see the Met assessing the level of risk faced by a caller when deciding whether to send officers for a “face to face service”.

CLICK HERE

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Re: The changing face of Havering....

Phil Wailing
The deputy commissioner said that it was inevitable that the force would become “smaller”, despite rising crime, a growing population and the heightened terror threat.

"The scale of the reduction will depend partly on future funding decisions and inflation."

"This includes a property sell-off which will involve the closure of police stations, safer neighbourhood bases, offices and other sites."

Mr Mackey said: “The Met will get smaller over the next four or five years."