The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Mr. Angry....
Administrator

Havering's angriest person...

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

confused of hornchurch

Robert Benham earns £42,913???

He won't earn THAT in Mc Donalds.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

confused of hornchurch

Government Vacancies
Looking for a Career Change? Find Options & Opportunities w Free App.
www.bettercareersearch.com/

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Ho-Hum
Beware a Jelly Baby scorned.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

seanobrian
Given that he stands to lose so much money I take my hat off to him for displaying some guts here

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Independent man
Benham failed to get nominated for 2 very safe Tory seats Romford Town and Squrills heath so his has to fight for his old seat in Brooklands,he might think he cant win in Brooklands that could be the reason he has resigned,I dont think he is going to give up the 42k unless he has no chance of winning Brooklands ward.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Barbara Matthews
Perhaps he's just heartily sick of what's been going on behind the scenes.  It obviously isn't going to get any better because Airmiles wants his boys in control.  I read about the funds needed for campaigning - everyone pays for the MP's constant newsheets bar himself!

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

confused of hornchurch

Ah! But an MP's job is to suck as much money as they can out of the system, not to put any in.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Barbara Matthews
Well it seems that way with this one!

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Percy.
I note that none of the deselected or resigned have actually given up their seat and forced a by election nor have any of them proposed a vote of no confidence.
Seems a bit two faced to me.Keep taking the money but do nothing.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

It is also extremely presumptuous of you, and quite wrong, to say that they are all doing nothing.

They obviously believe their electorate is being let down - why add to those woes by calling numerous by elections, particularly as that same electorate will be called out to the the same next June?  You may assume they're only staying there for the money - I know enough of them to know they are determined to remain as Councillors in their wards until the end of the four year term they were elected for.  Good luck to them.  If you think it's only about money, you are assuming that all of those receiving an SRA will continue in those posts.  Remember night of the long knives, well it ain't morning yet!

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Percy.
Oh yes I forgot the 'We all work extremely hard but get no results' spin

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Nah, not guts in my view Sean.  Benham put his head on the block because he was going nowhere and was tired of being the catspaw in the chamber.  He was something of a whipping boy, right?

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Percy.
Perhaps he could no longer look at his customers and say 'Trust in me'

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

MR H
Perhaps because he knows that the Conservative game is up.

Lets hope that the Conservatives tear themselves to pieces, and regrettably i say this as a person who always voted Conservative.

Hell will freeze over before any of them get voted back in.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Percy.
Once this little blip has been buried and the old guard seen off.The team will be able to show they have a new virile balanced team with no bad history .The young enthusiastic hard working team can work towards a great future with no past to hold them back.
Think of the future vote conservative.
They can accuse the other parties of having old tired time serving has beens in them and only they the Conservatives can take this borough on to new glory.

Team 21, the dream team.

Re: The Romford Conservatives... No Thanks...

Percy.
Key of the door to Romford Number 21