The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

Lorraine Moss
I cannot believe that I am actually writing this!  We discovered yesterday after viewing the new Havering plan that  the The Manor (Dagnam Park)  is again under threat, this time from wind farms.  To make matters worse, these proposals  spread further than just Harold Hill !  A total of 228 plots have been identified !  These include Bedfords Park and  Dovers Farm to name but a few.

The Manor campaign was a battle fought on many fronts and we had a lot of help from so many people.  There was the emails to the Leader of the Council and Chief Executive, the protests, the petition, the objection letters and leaflets.  When we heard that the plans had been abandoned, we were elated and felt so relieved.  It proved that if you work hard enough and pull together, you can defy the odds and win a victory for the residents.  However, there was always that nagging doubt in the back of all of the campaign teams minds.  We knew that in order to really save the manor, we had to get the land that was promised in the now infamous press release of 2014 made officially part of the park.  Several emails were sent to Cllr Roger Ramsey.  I have seen an email dated 26th June From Cllr Ramsey which stated ;

"I understand that in recent weeks officers from the Regulatory Services Department have been liaising with colleagues in the Property Services Team and the Legal Department to ensure that the legal and statutory processes, as set out in the Cabinet Decision of 13 October 2010 and Planning Application P1850.11 to approve the change of use of the land, have been carried out.

These discussions are ongoing and are, at my request, being treated as a priority. Once again, I apologise for the delay you have experienced in receiving an update on this matter, I will ensure that you are updated on the progress of these works at the end of July".

As I am sure that you can imagine, we were all so pleased.  However, we could not relax until we received official confirmation.

Well you can imagine how shocked we were to discover the news that the land that they wanted to site the solar farm on, they now want to make into a wind farm!  A fact that Cllr Roger Ramsey conveniently omitted from his email of the 26th June.  I am so angry, they have in my opinion dealt with us with utter contempt.  In Roger Ramsey's statement when he announced in January that the proposal would not go ahead in its  current form, he made a point of mentioning the courtesy that all of the campaign team and the friends of Dagnam Park had shown him.  Cllr Ramsey, why did you have to treat us all in  such an appalling manner?  I am sure as Leader of the Council you must have been aware of this proposal ?

Havering Council even included an article  Dagnam Park in it's latest Living magazine,

Note that they state 345 acres this  includes the land that previously they described as "land adjacent too".  There is no mention that the beautiful nature reserve green park will have a large ugly wind farm sited on it!

I would urge everyone in Havering to get behind this campaign.  I will post more information of all of the proposed sites over the next few days.

Please sign and share our petition https://www.change.org/p/cllr-roger-ramsey-no-to-a-wind-farm-at-the-manor-dagnam-park-harold-hill.

There will be a protest against these proposals on 26 July at Havering Town Hall, 6.00pm till 7.30pm.

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

As I am sure you are all aware this is much bigger than just the Manor, looking at the map it involves Havering Country Park, Bedfords Park and part of green belt in Rise Park along with dozens of other sites.

I am in contact with a campaign group that successfully stopped one of these proposals in another area and they are giving me all the details. Bedfords Park and the Manor are Designated Local Nature Reserves and as such come under National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949 and Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006.

Section 21 of the act states:

Natural England's general purpose is to ensure that the natural environment is conserved, enhanced and managed for the benefit of present and future generations, thereby contributing to sustainable development.

Natural England's general purpose includes promoting nature conservation and protecting biodiversity and conserving and enhancing the landscape.

The construction of a large scale wind farm involves extensive earth moving equipment and depending on the size of the farm construction can take up to 2 years. the local area would be decimated by this type of work, I can assure you of that as I was involved with the 2 wind turbines constructed on the Ford site at Dagenham.

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

I need to go through all of the details.  I think the whole borough needs to join forces on this one.  I note from the Recorder article that they are still waiting for a comment from Havering Council.  I don't think they expected us to find out about this so soon !

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

Havering council are unbelievable.

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

I will keep you all updated.

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

The hypocrisy of Havering council beggars belief, this is on page 17 of this week's Recorder under the heading "Council News".

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?eid=c4944a93-6e9b-429d-b045-893c27a6f01e

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

Lorraine Moss
Seriously?  Have you noticed that they are asking for residents views prior to the council meeting of 26th July.  Is this there idea of a public consultation?

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

Good lord that must be the funniest looking deer I've ever seen!

Re: The Manor (Dagnam Park) Is Again Under Threat As Well As Many Other Green Spaces In Havering

Percy
The top of Bedfords hill is ideal for windmills and how aBOUT SAVING MONEY AND PUTTING A NICE NEW WINDMILL IN UPMINSTER INSTEAD OF THAT OLD WOODEN ONE.
Revolutions are always verbose.