The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Michael Towner
The council in Wales shot the lynx dead when they could have given it a tranquilliser and saved its life. The zoo lost the animal and then killed it. I'd like to see the council leaders given the same treatment. Blow their stupid heads off.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Ho-Hum
Yep, tranquiliser should have been used, no question in my mind.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Their solitary and secretive nature means that they present no threat to humans and it is exceptionally rare for them to predate on agricultural animals. Their presence will return a vital natural function to our ecology helping control numbers of deer and a variety of agricultural pest species whilst protecting forestry from deer damage caused by overpopulation.

They sound like the perfect solution to the current overpopulation of wild deer.

http://www.lynxuk.org/

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Percy
Yes they could do with a few in Dagnum park.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Phil Wailing
Percy I was with the Essex County Council rangers in Weald Park and they estimate there are 15,000 wild deer between the north of Havering and south Chelmsford.

The population is 3 times the level it should be and they put it down to the only preditor the deer have is the motor car, they have to shoot dozens of them as a result of RTA's and disease.

They believe there should be a massive cull but but are fully aware of the outcry from well meaning people that haven't got the faintest idea about deer or their needs.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Good post Phil. Shoot the fucking greedy councillors and let wildlife take over. Save us millions on expenses.You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

fred
Not in a good mood today cock

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Rastaozzie
What are you suggesting Percy, harm the deer in Dagnam Park? Be careful you could becoming the victim of a witch hunt for even thinking it.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Rastaozzie
#become not becoming

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Phil Wailing
There needs to be a drastic reduction in wild deer numbers.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Me? Not 'arf! I feel pissed off with all things council today! Not unusual when you consider what the arseholes get up to every hour of the fucking day while paying themselves shed-loads and telling us they've got no fucking money at the same time. Yes, pissed off.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

They should cull them and give the meat to the foodbanks.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

fred
While their at it they can do the urban foxes and all grey squirrels.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

I have just driven down Nags Head Lane and there is a dead Muntjac right outside the entrance to Tylers Common, was it killed outright? How long was it lying there alive?

There needs to be a planned programme of culling.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

I would not like to imply the poor should eat squirrels and foxes. That might not go down very well.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

I shall be taking the route from the bear up the hill through Havering atte bower down to the aspen tree then onto Collier row in an hour or so as I have done most weeks for 3 years.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Neither was l just get rid of them they are pests.As for any culled deer to go to food banks,why not.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

I for one think that's too drastic perky, what an idea, the councillors would probably taste bitter.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

fred
They would be very bitter if l got round some of them.

Re: The Lynx Has Been Murdered

Yeah you were a victim of some hare brained scheme in Dagnam Park.
All of your own making!
123