The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Council Witness
Havering council tax payers have seen millions of tax pounds squandered in unneccessary work. Windows, kitchens, bathrooms and central heating have all been ripped out and replaced DECADES before the end of their actual servicable life.  In Havering there are incidences of windows being replaced at 10 / 15 years  whereas they will actually last for 50 years or more - that is FIVE-FOLD overspend just on windows !! I remember witnessing Michael White trying to get a borough-wide replacement policy of 10 years for his business friends in Havering.

Now we are facing yet more severe cuts to the "soft targets" of social services, schools and libraries - it is an utter disgrace !! Havering police simply shrug their shoulders.

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Independent man
I agree these cut backs will include vital services for our old and also youth services, the frist cutback must be 33% cuts to the SRA.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Percy.
One cut they might consider is the many mini bus and coaches they run using expensive pensioned paid labour.If they contracted out this work to other companies that use volunteer drivers and helpers they could save a lot of money.

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Council Witness
Saving millions on unnecessary work might well be the point to agree with.

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Are you suggesting an end to capitalism are you a communist?
It all makes work for the working man to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Council Witness
Capitalism does not mean fleece the taxpayer for unneccessary work - please see definition of Capitalism at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

You seem to be suggesting that Capitalism is dependent on tax revenue - isn't this a contradiction ?

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Phil Wailing
http://haveringwitness.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

had a shit last thursday, despite four phone calls no one from the council has been round to flush it away.

Re: The Havering Property Maintenance Scandal

Capitalism depends on people believing money that does not exist does exist if you start making cuts then the amount of money that people believe exists becomes less and confidence declines .This is what caused the big crash lack of confidence and making cuts to the working contracts will harm capitalism.