The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum

Don't toe the line, use your brains.

Voters throughout the UK will head for the polling booths during next year in one of the most crucial clutch of elections in its history.

Pundits and party chiefs will anxiously watch the English council polls, less than a year before the general election, particularly as the majority of seats up for grabs on May 22 were last fought on the same day as the 2010 parliamentary contest.

Voting also takes place throughout the UK that day for the European Parliament, in a key challenge for Ukip which finished second last time. It will seek to keep up the momentum after sweeping gains in the 2013 local polls. The results will be declared on the night of Sunday May 25 after all voting has finished in the EU.

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
You cant vote for the ratepayers as they simply support the Tories in crucial votes.
Ukip looks to be the only choice but just the once will be enough as they are just Tories as well.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
2 out of 3 UKIP supporters are disaffected Labour supporters.  Where do you get your information from?

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
Come off it there are few real labour people out there.You have the diluted Tory New labour.\the millionaire labour popular front Labour.They are all not real labour. The Blairite runts etc.
2 out of 3 might be labour traitors but they were never ever real labour.
Poor Aneurin  must be turning in his Grave.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
As you are never wrong Percy, you must be right.  However, some may argue that Nye Bevan was not Labour at all but a communist like many of his peers.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
May the 14th 2014 is getting closer.  Your vote will be the springboard for the 2014 General Election.  I stress vote wisely, toeing the party line that many blindly do can lead to the bottom of the abyss again.

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
The Americans thought every one was Communist and by todays popular front labour he Nye would be very extreme.Most of the labour party are just Blairite Runts looking for money.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
Yes, I agree, many of the Labour Party sheep are Blairite runts.  However, the likes of the charismatic BIG 'ED Miliband are an entirely different type of wolf in sheep's clothing.  Beware all Little Red Riding Hoods where you put your cross.

Re: The Ballot Box

Trojan Horse
Ed Miliband is a politician to fear.  He is so inept, the thought that he might lead the country is utterly terrifying.  In fact I cannot think of anybody on the Labour front bench who is worthy to lead the country.  After mentioning that, Cameron is not the best in the Conservative Party to be at the steering wheel.

The thought of Miliband and Balls running our country though makes me cringe, I mean really.
Do Labour supporters really love Queens Hospital?

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
Welcome TJ new poster I hope.
Yes Labour would mean millions of new immigrants and paying millions for doing nothing.Tories means deception and your money stolen to give to the Bankers.Lib Dems means nothing at all just doing what they are told?There is no choice only UKIP to stir things up a bit.

Re: The Ballot Box

T.H, you have posted before, I recall.  Thank you for your fair minded comment.  I tend to agree with you...Cameron and Miliband are out of the same afterbirth.  While Balls and Osborne are yet to be born.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
Locally, there is absolutely no reason why UKIP cannot do as well as any other party in administration.  It cannot be difficult to do better than the current mob and Labour has a history of letting the side down.  Normally, I vote RA but am now tossing the coin between RA  and UKIP...it may well come down to the candidates before deciding.

However, what I won't be doing is voting Red, Blue or any other colour just because it's what I've always done like many of the electorate.  Think outside the box, be an individual, in other words a true independent.  It's not easy for the die-hards but it's time to get some balls.

Re: The Ballot Box

Trojan Horse
Why should long term councillors be more adept than newbies?  For a start, new brooms sweep clean; also, long in the tooth councillors often get filled with greed and tend to be a law unto themselves.  In which case, I too see no reason why an elected UKIP member cannot do a decent job for the community.
Do Labour supporters really love Queens Hospital?

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
Any honest person with a reasonable amount of common sense could be a decent councillor.  The most important quality a leader of the community should have is integrity and a measure of selflessness.

How many councillors do you know that this criteria fits?

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum
And what's more, the Scottish factor LEAVE OR STAY comes into future elections; at least should they become a separate nation it's all change in our island's politics.  Labour will surely be dead and buried for ever.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum

David Cameron said the independence referendum will be the biggest decision Scotland has ever been asked to make.

As the countdown to the independence referendum begins, the Prime Minister has told the people of Scotland "we want you to stay" and "build an even stronger" UK.

The outcome of the vote on September 18 matters to everyone in the UK, David Cameron said in his New Year message.

It is an important date in the history of the United Kingdom, he said, and urged "the nations" to stay together.

Re: The Ballot Box

Ho-Hum

David Cameron has kicked off a crucial political year with a stark warning about the consequences of electing a Labour government.

In an apparent reference to France, the Prime Minister said the performance of other countries proved that Ed Miliband's approach would wreck the fledgling economic recovery.

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
The problem is that most of the candidates are unknown to the electorate.You get the party blurb on a piece of paper if you are lucky.I challenged the Recorder to do in depth reports on all the candidates for the Council and EU .However they seem not interested and I suspect will soon start trumpeting all the Tory party triumphs as they see them.I suspect the Tory posters and advertising is ready and that the others will get scant exposure.
Perhaps those in the Know on this site might give any details they have of the new candidates.
Tha'ts why I say the new Tory young have a better chance than the tired old cynical candidates with their trail of destruction and inept policies.

Re: The Ballot Box

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
Percy you have a serious health problem with your head.

In the thread "Is your councillor exceptional? Nominations for awards open" it was pointed out to you the 9 new Romford Tory's are not young, they are all over 40 and 2 of them are pensioners...

You referred to the 9 new Romford Tory candidates as "looking like real dog's"...

You then write on this thread:

"That's why I say the new Tory young have a better chance than the tired old cynical candidates with their trail of destruction and inept policies."

Are you an alcoholic by any chance...
Havering's angriest person...

Re: The Ballot Box

Percy.
42 is young in comparison to the tired old hacks in the other parties and the old Tory Guard and in my assessment of young I mean in terms of History.They have no trail of inept policy no old stories and no mistakes to cover up.
Its all in the way you think about it.Could you put up the pictures of the Labour councillors and RAs then we can compare them to the new Tories maybe I should rephrase it as the NEW unblemished not cynical Tories.