Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Lorraine Moss
Morrisons are buying up some of the old Blockbuster sites to introduce their own Tesco Express type stores.

It's seems like they have a lot of money to spend, shame they could not spare some to provide a temp rink for the users of Romford Ice Arena.

I am getting fed up of seeing these type of  stores popping up all over the borough.  When you go to a normal corner shop you accept the fact that they are slightly more expensive due to the fact that they are small businesses that do not have the buying power of the large supermarkets.  Why do Tesco etc charge so much more in these stores?  A law should be introduced to ensure that their products are sold at the same price in all of their stores.  We are being ripped off !!

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

GAZZER
I agree-(cor twice in one day) I believe that eventually they will amalgamate and have one brand super dooper stores-bit like our banks did.

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Lorraine Moss
I know Gazzer, we have not disagreed for ages.  Did you know that the old Cherry Tree Pub in Rainham is now a Tesco Express?

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

GAZZER
Yes-I was slightly inebriated and stood at the counter waiting to be served a pint of Stella for an hour until I was shown the door.

Such a shame-used to have a great carvery in there, then it all went a bit crappie.

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Percy.
Great service at Cherry tree Tesco express and its better than having that old pub with the drug addicts that was there.

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Ho-Hum
Are you a reformed addict pericles or do addicts have your ear and confide in you?

Re: Tesco Express, Sainsburys Local, Now Morrisons Are Creating Their Own Version

Independent man
Its a shame the greedy supermarkets have to steel the trade from the local corner shop.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave