Tax Scam

OLD CODGER
There is a telephone scam from the tax people saying this is my last chance to sort out a serious claim against me and to ring a number starting with a 2 in spite of last weeks scam  saying they owe me £484.00.
  My message is GET STUFFED.

Re: Tax Scam

bellend
well done OC, the trouble is these scams are getting very clever could catch even the brightest of people, the old are vulnerable. be on our guard.

Re: Tax Scam

Could you not do what we do and let the phone go to answer,all our kids or any one genuinely wanting to speak to you will leave a message.The rest as you say can get stuffed.

Re: Tax Scam

That's a good policy fred.

Re: Tax Scam

Cheers OC.
Also to everyone watch out for stuff coming through on line.
In the last year HMRC owe me money (they dont) TV Licence owe me money (they dont) I owe Amazon money (I dont have an Amazon account so I dont) and likewise Paypal (I dont have a Paypal account).
My advice to everyone is to block sender but they still come through so whatever you do dont open anything.

Re: Tax Scam

I must be lucky as I get very little online crap - I use an internet security device and keep it updated. The only pests are Paypal fakers (I've got a PayPal account) but they're easy to spot and I send them to PayPal's anti-fraud address to deal with. I'm always surprised at the number of people I know who think that £30 a year is too much to pay for internet security.