Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

confused of hornchurch

Six hundred homes set to be built on Romford’s old ice rink
PUBLISHED: 17:00 22 February 2018
Liam Coleman  Romford Recorder.

Romford Ice Rink on Rom Valley Way being demolished by workers. The former ice rink is now set to be turned into620 homes.
Planning permission is set to be granted to build 620 homes on the former Romford Ice Rink.

Romford Ice Rink closed its doors in April 2013, and the site is now set to be turned into 620 homes.
The ice rink in Rom Valley Way closed in 2013, and could now be converted into nine apartment blocks.
The proposal by Affinity Global - a real estate investment and development group based in Mayfair - is to build blocks of houses between four to eight storeys high, with two residents’ gyms, ground floors shops, cycle parking and 250 car parking spaces.
The application was submitted in August last year, and was recommended for approval at the regulatory services committee meeting last night (Thursday, February 22).
Borough council planning officers say that the development would “protect the natural and built environment” and “improve the visual character” of the area.
 Romford Ice Rink closed its doors in April 2013, and the site is now set to be turned into 620 homes.
The land was originally bought by supermarket giants Morrisons, but after a land swap deal with Havering Council in April 2017, it was sold to Affinity Global.
The deal led to the building of Romford’s new £25m leisure centre in Western Road.
The council received 19 letters of objection to the application, with residents concerned about crime and disturbance, not enough car parking and a loss of light.
If approved, developers would contribute more than £3.8m to education costs, and at least £530,000 to highways.
Developers will spend £350,000 on two controlled crossings - one will cross over Oldchurch Road (west) to improve access to the route along the western side of Waterloo Road, and another crossing will cross over Oldchurch Road (east) to improve access between the site and South Street.
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell told the Recorder that it is inevitable that flats will be built in areas like this, but it is important that they are “good quality homes for local people.”
He said: “They have to be good quality developments that will be in keeping with the town.
“No-one wants lots of flats being built, but we need more homes for local people.
“We have to make sure that it is the best possible option for the land, and it is important that any concerns of residents are addressed.”

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

fred
He could make a start by moving into one himself,instead of living up the South Bank,stations just round the corner to get to Westminster.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Fred the chance of Rosser taking up residence in one of theses gaffs is Bob and no hope.
Well no parking for anyone and the poor sods who have to visit the Queens in an emergency will no doubt return to their cars to have parking tickets slapped all over their windscreens.
Believe me theres a bunch of devious bastards in the so called neighbourhood team headed by a creep by the name of Steve Moore and a lying councillor by the name of Jason Frost who know how to work the bent system.
This is just a cash cow for them.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Westminster 50 minutes from Hornchurch, 45 from Romford.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Steve Moore - is this the same one who had his own consultancy a couple of years ago? If so, I have a contact with a tale or two to tell about him!

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Mark One
I think so yes, S Moore Consultancy. Though do be careful if you are proposing to spill any beans on here, slander and all that. Big Brother might be watching you, walls have ears, loose lips sink ships etc etc

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Michael what I like about this site is how we can often work as a collective.
Yes Moore spent a number of years at Newham with the fanciful title of director of place commissioning.
He DID form his own company in 2015 calling itself S Moore Consultancy still working for Newham but came over to Havering circa mid 2016.
He landed the job of director of neighbourhoods on a permanent basis here in December 2016 on a salary of £130,000 according to Haverings website.
It sounds like we are talking about the same bloke.
Any further info you may have might be very useful provided it can be proven.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Fair comment Rasta and I must say sound advice (something wrong here that's twice I found myself in agreement with you in two days) but if any council official no matter how senior he or she may be has some murky past then its up to the people of this borough to highlight it.
Don't forget we are just over two months away from the election and in all likely hood a new administration will be in place (another coalition is on the cards with the tories in opposition) and my hope is they sort out the total mess of this council get rid of the dross senior or low level.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Mark One
No disagreement from me there Dee. Just added a word of caution for Mike just in case, having said that it would indeed be interesting to know.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Mark One
Just out of interest who are you anticipating will form a possible coalition?

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

dalek1
Well to be honest yes.
I cant see anyone getting an overall majority in the borough which means alliances would have to be formed.
The RA's might have the most seats but I doubt it will be enough for a majority.
If opinion I'm hearing is correct the people have had more than enough of Tory deceit dishonesty lies and corruption and they will lose a few seats.
Don't forget the Tories are currently being propped up by a group of East Havering RA's commonly known as RATS who sold out their electorate by toadying up to Ramsey and co.
To be honest I don't really care who gets in other than the Tories so long as their agenda is to sort out the mess in Main road and get the council on the road to honesty and integrity the citizens deserve.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Mark One
Anyone will have to go some to unseat the Tories in certain wards (mine included) they are I fear too well established.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Don't worry Rasta, I'm aware of the laws about defamation. There's Moore than one way to skin a cat! (Apologies to animal lovers. I like cats and would never knowingly abuse them. I'm using a figure of speech.)

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Well look at supposed Tory heartland wards such as Hornchurch Upminster Cranham and Harold Wood.
All RA strongholds.
Also this borough tends to buck the trend for the rest of London and in the 1997 GE all the borough went Labour.
We have had a Labour majority council in the past but  the chances of that happening again I recon are Bob and no.
So I'll stick by what I said and go for a non Tory alliance.
Incidentally on the now defunct Streetlife site a poster once said if monkeys put up in Tory wards they'd get in.
Never a truer word spoken in jest!

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

fred
I believe the words I used were one legged dyslexic monkeys and the same apples for the upcoming election.
Miss the old Streetlife,full of useful tips on where to get a homeperm or a cheap plumber,I wonder where a lot of those women have gone,can’t believe their on here.
It will be interesting to see how many votes and where the militant tendancy get.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

dalek1
I used to post on Streetlife and in comparison with the Forum it was very tame.
If you said slightly the wrong thing your post was deleted whereas here provided you don't go overboard.
One councillor Jason Frost loved to post on the site telling us all what a great job himself and his useless colleagues were doing and often got shot down in flames by some folk posting on this site yours truly included.
Also don't  forget the owners of Streetlife were Archant  publishers of the council fanzine known as the Romford Recorder before it morphed into something called next door.
Cant really say I miss it that much but if I were an Upminster blue rinser I wouldn't have a clue where to get my shampoo and set.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

fred
Yes it was mate,I posted that Fox’s and squirrels were vermin along with rats and feral pigeons and should be put down after somebody said they were feeding a Fox I think some of the old girls on there went into a terminal hot flush and would have
liked to have had me put down.
You got the occasional decent debate,but for the most part it was perms,corns,cheap tradesmen et al.It did manage to get the banks of the Rom by Bacon Link tided up and kept you up to date on what lowlifes were cruising the area.
As you say owned by the Councils fanzine.
Much more informed on here and tolerant of different points of view.

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Michael have a butchers at this from the companies house site ref S Moore Consultancy Ltd.
See if you come to the same conclusion that I have.
Rasta no doubt you'll be reading this but worry not as Moore couldn't take any action as the info on the link is in the public domain.
Don't forget some of the dodgepots  past and present have been exposed on this site.
I've met Moore a couple of times and the best compliment I could pay him is he's a piss pore spin doctor aka full of it.
If he knows someone is onto him he'll be shitting himself rather then flexing his non existing muscles trying to put the frighteners on anyone.
Anyhow happy reading.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09513009

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

Yeah there were some good debates and posters on that site Alan F JB and Ernie come to mind but also some complete tossers such as Havering councils No 1 fan Glenn R.
Interesting its alta ego next door started violating privacy laws by publishing the names and addresses of users as per the attached link.
When Streetlife was about to kick the internet bucket I got a post off asking folk to come over to us but don't know if there were any takers.
Our own Ho Hum had a lovely nickname for that site.
He called it Get a Life!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38920906

Re: Six hundred desirable homes for Romford.

fred
You got me for your sins,serves you right.
123