Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Phil Wailing
According to a poll by Com Res if 16 & 17 yearolds could have voted in the EU referendum 75% would have voted to remain.

You will bring another 1.7 million voters into the system and the pollsters You Gov claimed if this group could vote in June general election Jeremy Corbyn would be the Prime Minister.

Food for thought depending if you are Leave/Remain or Tory/Labour.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

bellend
NO NO NO only men between the age's of 68 and 69 should be allowed to vote

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Phil Wailing
I presume next year that will be only men between the ages of 69 and 70.

When I was a youth you had to be 21 to vote. Perhaps you should have to pass an intelligence test to gain the right to vote. I have been involved in a few election campaigns over the years and it is staggering how ignorant of both local and national politics some people are.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

confused of hornchurch

No, at 16 I was still living at home and was influenced by the conversations around the dinner table.

I probably wouldn't have bothered to vote anyway but if I had I would have blindly voted the same as my parents.

It wasn't until I had a home of my own and a family to keep that I really became focused on political issues and how they would affect my standard of living/employment prospects and standards of hospital care.

No, in my opinion 16 is far too young.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Phil Wailing
They need to be at least 18 and holding a full driving licence.

Once they have been robbed by a few dodgy parking tickets I am sure that will influence the way they vote.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

confused of hornchurch

It sure will!

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

what difference does voting really make? fed on lies sharp practises and influenced by others and medias biased opinion's, I still do not miss a vote but I know it will make no difference, we are led blindly by hidden motives and agendas. a vote at sixteen? we mostly have a left wing bias at that age believing what we read and see. vote on deeds not words and good luck.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Does that mean I'll have to wait another 12 years to vote.
Not on!

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

bellend
yes to prove my point look at the shower us adults have voted for, cynicism comes with experience there for age.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Phil Wailing
"cynicism comes with experience there for age."

Possibly why anarchy is now looking like a viable option.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Yes Bellend, but the problem is if you're only offered charlatans a b or c the outcome is always going to be predictable irrespective of the age or intelligence of the electorate.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

bellend
"they" have deliberately keep us working all hours just to get by if we stop and look for a moment we would soon realise it's a ploy not to give us time to think how we are governed.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

confused of hornchurch

Well somebody has got to fund their drink, drugs and sex parties, they are obviously enjoying themselves too much to be capable of a day's work.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Anger at Tory MP who backed Commons 'erotica' dinner.....

Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell sponsored a dinner in the Commons for sex industry entrepreneur Savvas Christodoulou.....

The MP for Romford came under fire last night for letting a businessman who has donated money to him hold an £89-a-head ‘Erotica House of Commons Dinner’ followed by a sex party where guests must wear kinky fancy dress......

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

bellend
Teresa can clear this up, just set up an inquiry pay a few of her mates £1,000 a day and set a 10 year deadline.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Percy
He has already had his punishment never chosen for any position and largely ignored by his party. His only function has been to show people around the old building a job he will soon lose as it closes for 10 years.

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Maybe it's Andy that is getting them all over-stimulated?

Re: Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Very few 16 year olds pay taxes most stay in college until 18 they can join the army but will not be put on the front line, They can not drive till 17 and many of the other quotations are myths. There is no democracy in this country how many voted for the three local MPs to stand Cruddas was parachuted in. Who voted Julia to be the local candidate and as for Rosindell who would admit to choosing him. We have a two party state you vote Labour or Conservative and you had no choice who chose the local candidate, We need primaries  and choice .