Shortage of school place in Havering?

Re: Shortage of school place in Havering?

Phil Wailing
No the Romford Drum and Trumpet are not using the school 5 days a week but Havering have leased another part of the school to Ingrebourne Day Nursery.

Once you lease a building there is a very complicated, expensive and legal procedure to get out of that lease, if indeed you can.

25 years is a standard lease, schools that are leased to academies last 125 years.

I would have thought the Trumpeters are paying the going rate.

Dervish is The British Legion Band.

In 2009 Havering approved the primary school closure/amalgamation plan - In 2012 Havering approved the £16.1 million expansion of 15 primary expansions due to the lack of school places.

The end bill for expanding primaries will be closer to £50 million.

Many of our primary schools have converted to academy since 2012 and Havering have no control over these schools, they are funded by and come directly under the DfE.

Re: Shortage of school place in Havering?

Percy
The legion have their own practice place at the back of the Legion. I heard them practice Thursday afternoon.

Re: Shortage of school place in Havering?

bellend
that's right perky, behind the legion Romford.