Short stay.

Re: Short stay.

Phil Wailing
Wasn't this the same guy that threw all the US dollars over Sepp Blatter and Interrupted Trump with golf balls with swastikas on them.

He got into the arena, he approached the stage where the entire cabinet were sitting, he confronted the Prime Minister, had a chat with Boris and not one security person was in sight.

Good job he wasn't a psychopath with a gun.

Re: Short stay.

Yes, he died on stage, not the right material for the audience.

Re: Short stay.

Security was the only joke.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Looking for a fall-guy. (anybody will do)

'Somebody has to take responsibility': Tories call for party chairman to quit after Theresa May speech shambles

JOE MURPHY
Kate Proctor
37 minutes ago

The Evening Standard

Tory chairman Sir Patrick McLoughlin faced calls to resign today as MPs loyal to Theresa May demanded blood over her speech shambles.
One furious backbencher told the Standard: “Patrick is a Filofax chairman. We need a Facebook chairman.
"He should have resigned the day after the disastrous election night. He should now be sacked.”

Another said: “Somebody has to take responsibility for the shambles of the past week, frankly.

Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May struggles with her water after she suffered a coughing fit (Reuters)
"Everyone likes Patrick but he has completely f***ed up. The word is that he tried to resign after the election but she got him to stay on.”
Friends of Sir Patrick say he is feeling bruised by the attacks and fear he is being set up to take responsibility for the incident.

They say he is a party loyalist and would resign without fuss if Mrs May asked him to — but they also point out that he opposed Mrs May’s disastrous decision to hold the snap election in June.

Simon Brodkin, who does pranks under the name Lee Nelson, is led away from the Tory conference by police (PA)
One of the key figures in the election, Mrs May’s former aide Nick Timothy, said this week’s conference had failed to address the key challenges of Brexit and the electorate’s desire for change.
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, he said: “Confronted with these challenges the Conservatives failed to rise to the occasion at their conference, just as they have failed to do so since the election result sparked their crisis of confidence.”
Knives are also out for Boris Johnson, whose headline-hogging behaviour overshadowed the conference.

The fake P45 that was given to the Prime Minister bearing the words 'neither strong or stable'
Several MPs are understood to have asked for it to be discussed by the 1922 Committee executive on Wednesday next week.
Downing Street was saying nothing, and there was speculation among MPs that Sir Patrick, the well-liked former coal miner who has served four prime ministers as a minister, will emerge as a fall-guy for a catastrophic series of mishaps that turned Mrs May’s fightback speech into a fiasco.

Cabinet minister Greg Clark, an ultra loyalist, praised the Prime Minister’s “guts and grace” when her speech was derailed by a prankster who handed her a P45, by a cold that left her spluttering and croaking, and bits dropping off the stage set.

Re: Short stay.

What's that politicians favourite phrase in times like these?

..........Lessons will be learned!  (of course they never are)

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

We might have known G4S would have been involved in this security farce.

From 'dream' speech to a PR nightmare
Security firm G4S defended themselves, using their Twitter account to reveal they were not the security provider for inside the auditorium but only the conference perimeter, entrances and exits.

Re: Short stay.

Percy
Just one score years and ten she had a dream. Where did I hear that before?

Re: Short stay.

MR H
Teresa May explained to all the faithful a while ago that there would be NO election.

She then decided to go to the country and hold an election. She wanted to throw the Premiership away, lose the election, and then allow Corbin as Prime Minister to disengage us from Brexit.

She will not allow our country to leave the EU, no matter what. She is and has always been a remainer.  She wanted to lay the blame onto Corbin and labour. The fallout against labour would have been tremendous, if they had won.

In short she is a traitor. She is a puppet.

 Who now controls our own nuclear deterrent do we?  You can only blame one Government for that, and a number of senior members of our armed forces are also complicit.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Short stay.

Lessons will be learnt, guess what, they weren't.

Being a floating voter I look at political party's differently and I am trying to think of one thing this premier has got right.

It's the indecision, Hippocracy and U Turns that gauls me, no election, surprise election, 100 grammar schools, no grammar schools, take your home to pay for social care, keep your home. What exactly is her position on social care?

She sings the praises of the free market and in the next breath announces a cap on energy prices.

She announces she will build a few council houses but fails to mention it was her party that created this housing crisis by selling all the council houses.

I have seen some fractured governments in my time but this lot take the biscuit. I have family in Germany, Holland and Spain and believe me those countries think the UK is an absolute laughing stock.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

It is a laughing stock!

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Strong and stable my a...

Live Pound on course for worst week in a year as Tory infighting stokes fears of instability

The pound has sunk to its lowest level in a month following Theresa May's poorly received speech

 Tom Rees
6 October 2017 • 10:01am
Pound sinks below $1.31 against the dollar as Tory infighting weighs heavily on the currency
Fears of a fresh bout of political instability means that sterling is on course for its worst week in a year

Re: Short stay.

Yes, absolutely true Phil.  We all change our minds occasionally BUT constant indecision is irritating.

Corbyn, although irrational in my view is at least constant in his Utopian dreams. To him the Money Tree really exits. Should he achieve power by unattainable promises it will be the biggest eye-opener on the political spectrum ever.

Re: Short stay.

Phil Wailing
Ho Hum I genuinely believe Corbyn stands a real chance of being elected and I also believe he will have no hesitation in putting punitive taxes on large corporations.

I believe he will fund the NHS to the levels it requires and will end the 1% public sector pay cap. Will he nationalise power companies, sounds easy but in reality not easy.

There are horrendous down sides to voting Labour, equally there are equally horrendous down sides to voting Conservative.

With a Labour government the idle seem to benefit and with Conservative government the super rich benefit. The problem with both parties is neither represent the millions of working people with 2.4 kids, a mortgage and in the £30 to £50k salary bracket.

By far and away the biggest problem with both parties and all the MP's is they are divisive, self interest, compulsive liars and not one person in the UK would trust an MP any further than you could throw them.

Re: Short stay.

Ho-Hum
Well, I always vote Phil BUT I'm always swayed by the biggest issue I support at the time....In doing this I'm aware I always vote for a bunch of garbage too.  Nobody said it was going to be easy, eh?

Thing is, if nobody went to the ballot box it would mean anarchy or the rise of fascism, the rule of the iron fist, which would not be for me.  So, I vote knowing I'm never going to be fully satisfied.

Re: Short stay.

Phil Wailing
The problem I have is May said she will bring back Grammar Schools, she said she would do away with the triple lock on the state pension, she said she will take your home to pay for social care (should you require it) - She won the election and promptly dumped all 3 of these policies plus many more.

The Conservatives won the election, albeit a minority government, and promptly found the magic money tree and bribed 10 right wing, anti abortion, anti gay Irish lunatics with £10,000,000,000 so she could form a government.

Anyone with a shred of decency would have resigned on the morning of June 9th. This government have crippled the NHS, crippled education and crippled the police force and we have a Conservative MP for Romford telling the residents of Hornchurch it is all Sadiq Khans fault.

As I said earlier - the problem with politics is our MP's of both parties is they are divisive, self interest, compulsive liars.

Would you believe anything an MP told you, I certainly wouldn't. Politics is in the gutter, mater of fact it's left the gutter, it has descended into the sewer.

Re: Short stay.

Good post Phil. That's the state of politics today - most people believe that most MPs tell porkies most of the time. Very dangerous for the "democratic process".

Re: Short stay.

OLD CODGER
I just wondered why as he lost the election that Jeremy Corbyn did not resign as I could not vote for him under any circumstances but would consider Labour if their policies where realistic.

Re: Short stay.

fred
Quite.

Re: Short stay.

Percy
We live in a strange time the greens only have one more so they have a meeting of minds.The DUP is lead by a woman hated by  most of her voters and activists due to wasting 500.000 pounds on s failed heating system and leaving northern Ireland run by the hated English.The lib Dems run by a geriatric fool hated by all.Labour split down the middle it's leader loved by it's membership not by it's party.Tories lead by a grey woman loved by nobody but having no choice because there is no one else. Who will save us from this mess.

Re: Short stay.

bellend
will it be gazzer?