Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Beleaguered Theresa May 'to quit as Prime Minister on August 30, 2019 in a bid to stop a leadership challenge' - as she tries to calm rivals with a prosecco party at Chequers
Theresa May will reportedly step down as Prime Minister in August 2019
The date would give her two years to see the Brexit negotiations through
Mrs May has launched a 'prosecco and chocolates' charm offensive for her MPs
But Downing Street told MailOnline: 'We have hit peak silly season'
She has been inviting groups of Tories to her official residence in a bid to avoid a leadership challenge
By Scott Campbell For Mailonline
Published: 22:33, 26 August 2017 | Updated: 02:50, 27 August 2017

Theresa May has reportedly chosen Friday August 30th 2019 as the day she will step down from 10 Downing Street
Theresa May is said to have revealed the date she will quit as Prime Minister - giving herself two years to see Brexit through first.
She has chosen Friday August 30th 2019 as the day she will step down from 10 Downing Street, it has been reported.
It comes amid a major charm offensive by Mrs May in a bid to win the support of her MPs and avoid an awkward leadership challenge.
The Prime Minister has been inviting groups of 15 Tories to her official Chequers country residence - handing them prosecco and homemade chocolates at the door as they arrive, according to the Mirror.
Already more than a dozen Conservative politicians are said to have pledged to sign a letter calling for Mrs May to step down - although that falls far short of the 48 signatures needed to trigger a new leadership vote.
One Tory MP said: 'It's clear she won't lead us into another election and will be gone by September 2019.
'She invited MPs to Chequers to ensure there isn't a ­leadership contest in the meantime.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4826482/Theresa-sets-date-quit-Prime-Minister.html#ixzz4qwmJjv7X
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Short stay.

Phil Wailing
Christ almighty, what will we do, such a loss.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Now she's announced that, just watch the rats start posturing to replace her.

Re: Short stay.

Percy
One day she will admit to her illness she will be lucky to last a lot longer than that.

Re: Short stay.

Er problem is who will replace her.
Boris Johnson Britain's answer to Donald Trump or Michael Gove the Himmler of the Tory party.
It don't bare thinking about.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Perhaps they could beg Dave to come back?

Re: Short stay.

Percy
Jacob rees Mogg

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Or ask John Major to come back.

Re: Short stay.

Nice to see old Tess is backing the British boose industry by handing out poncy prosecco.
Give 'em a couple of bottles of Mackeson each.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Maybe it's her revenge?

Dentists warn prosecco could leave some UK drinkers with rotten teeth due to the high sugar content
The Sun · 1 hour ago

Re: Short stay.

4 cans of K cider would be my recommendation. Then chuck the empty cans at the door of no. 10.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Would that equate to empty cans for empty promises?

Re: Short stay.

Michael Towner
After 4 cans of K cider, I wouldn't be able to understand your question, let alone answer it! Cheers!

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

'I'm not a quitter': Theresa May says she WILL fight next election amid rumours PM will resign before Brexit

Francesca Gillett
20 minutes ago

The Evening Standard

Theresa May has indicated she will fight the next general election as she insisted: “I’m not a quitter.”
Rumours had been mounting the Prime Minister was preparing to step down the day before Brexit officially happens in 2019.
But during a visit to Japan – where she met Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and enjoyed a menu of specialities including sea urchin and sushi – Mrs May set out her plan to lead the Conservatives into the next election.

Asked if she intends to fight the next UK vote, she said: “Yes. There's been an awful lot of speculation about my future which has no basis in it whatsoever.
"I'm in this for the long term. There's a real job to be done in the United Kingdom. It's about getting the Brexit deal right, it's about building that deep and special partnership with the European Union, but it's also about building global Britain, trading around the world.

"Yes, dealing with injustices that remain inside the United Kingdom, but also going out around the world ensuring that we can do those trade deals which bring prosperity to our economy and bring jobs to the United Kingdom."

Pressed on whether she would step down before the next election, expected in 2022, she replied: “I'm not a quitter."

Re: Short stay.

Percy
Good for her until we are out of the EU we can not risk a labour win as after the statement last weekend I can not trust them although I think they have lost the plot and the support of any voter North of Watford.

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

Nest of Vipers.

Senior Tories cast doubt on Theresa May's long-term future as leader
Ex-minister Nicky Morgan says continuing as leader will be difficult for May while Lord Heseltine says PM has not ‘got a long term’

Matthew Weaver
Thursday 31 August 2017 08.46 BST
Last modified on Thursday 31 August 2017 09.26 BST

Senior Conservatives have cast doubt over Theresa May’s insistence that she can lead the party into the next election.
In a series of TV interviews during a visit to Japan the prime minister claimed she was “not a quitter”. Asked by both the BBC and Sky News whether she wanted to lead the Conservatives into another election, she said: “Yes. I’m in this for the long term.”
But the former education secretary Nicky Morgan said it would be difficult for May to fight another election, and Tory grandee Michael Heseltine said May had no long-term future.

The Guardian's Brexit Means ... The three ‘whats’ of leaving the EU – Brexit Means podcast
The team look at what kind of transition Britain wants, what might be in the government’s position papers and what size of divorce bill Brexiters are willing to pay
 Listen

Speaking to the BBC’s Hard Talk programme, Morgan, who is now chair of the Commons Treasury committee, said: “One of the things that has been missing has been an attempt to reconcile the faultlines in the Conservative party shown up by Europe.”
She added: “I think it’s going to be difficult for Theresa May to lead us into the next general election ... We have got to think about how we renew our franchise.”

Re: Short stay.

bellend
remember our gain is maidenheads loss

Re: Short stay.

confused of hornchurch

'Distraught' Theresa May could be gone by Christmas as up to 30 MPs plot to oust her after disastrous party conference speech

Watch again: Theresa May's car crash conference speech

01:54

 Steven Swinford, Deputy Political Editor  Gordon Rayner, Political Editor  Kate McCann, Senior Political Correspondent
4 October 2017 • 9:00pm

Theresa May's political future is hanging in the balance after her disastrous conference speech left her feeling "extremely distraught".
The Prime Minister had hoped the speech would effectively re-launch her Premiership and kick start a Conservative revival with policies to cap energy prices and spend billions on new council houses.
However, the policies were largely overshadowed after a professional prankster walked on stage unchallenged to hand her a fake P45 and a heavy cold left the Prime Minister almost unable to finish the speech following a series of coughing fits.
The event ended with letters falling from the slogan behind the stage and the Prime Minister being comforted by her husband.

Re: Short stay.

Ho-Hum
I have to say, the said comedian handing her a bogus P.45, looked and sounded more like an imbecile than a funny man.  In my view, the rubber brick bounced back and hit him in the head.  What a self-publicised nutter.

Simon Brodkin's squeaky little voice was more like Norman Pitkin.  The difference is, the great Norman Wisdom was funny.

Re: Short stay.

bellend
yer right ho-hum he went off to the sound of his own footsteps and a few jeers, mind you it would have been a tough crowd.