Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Bouncer

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Percy.
They were collecting at the Rainham Branch as well for the Mardyke or Orchard village centre.
Disgrace £13 billion for overseas aid and our own go Hungry.

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Independent man
Well done to the shopper,s at Gallows corner,I hope Tesco put their hand in their pocket as well and made a large donation they make enough profit from overpriced goods.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Romfordian
Last time they collected Tesco Pledged to donate a percentage of what was donated can't remember how much but i think it was generouse
But it is disgusting that in a rich suburb like havering that it is needed wer'e all init together I think not
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Thats great Romfordian hope they put some money towards a very good cause.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Ian James
I was in Tesco Gallows Corner yesterday afternoon 30 minutes before chucking out time and it was just so sad the see loads of shoppers pushing and shoving just to get to the running out of date produce they flog off at the end of the day.

Todays  society scorn and demonise people for just being  just poor,  David Cameron and the Tories think so.

I don't think  David Cameron's big society was supposed to be  food banks and soup kitchens

It is 2013 after all.
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Barbara Matthews
I didn't think I would live to see it - thought we'd left that behind years and years ago.  Good on all of those who are contributing though.

Re: Shoppers at Gallows Corner supermarket donate 200 trays of food to Harold Hill Foodbank

Percy.
Tesco said that for every £1 worth they would supply 30p worth.
30%