Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Lorraine Moss
Cllr Osman Dervish on London Live.  This was also mentioned at full council last week.

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/2015-02-02/sex-establishments-banned-in-havering

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

That's interesting Lorraine, some of the councillors must have short memories.

Will this new policy include the town hall car park or will that get some kind of exemption certificate?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

confused of hornchurch

For the more adventurous Havering resident, there is still plenty of 'unlicensed activity' to be found in Havering and the wider Essex area by visiting the 'Dogging in Essex' website.

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Percy.
Oh dear does that mean they have to stop the Pole dancing lessons at Ardliegh green college?

That's probably categorised as artistic dance lessons.

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Percy.
That's all right then they can open an artistic dance club in Romford.

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

confused of hornchurch

That's how strip joints used to get away with it, by calling them 'exotic dancers'.

I wonder if Osman will also ban belly dancers in restaurants?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Percy.
A night at the Romford windmill so long as they do not move.

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

confused of hornchurch

If I remember correctly the dreamboys were performing at The Queens Theatre only the other week and Havering council give them a grant (albeit reduced).

I suppose that was artistic dancing?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Romfordian
That will upset Rosindells friend the one who Andy booked into the house of commons for erotic use don't remember his name but he donated money to the tories
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

confused of hornchurch

"The fantasy world of politics"

Hamiltons promote Erotica 2004 festival

Julian Glover

Saturday 27 March 2004 01.51 GMT

As an ambitious Tory politician and former minister, Neil Hamilton once fled in horror from Miss Moneypenny, a 6ft transvestite with flashing red nipples who stood against him in the 1997 general election. As an exhibitionist who has made a career of self-humiliation, the same Mr Hamilton yesterday appeared in public carrying a girl in pink underwear on his shoulders. His wife, Christine, was accompanied by two men in leather underwear.
Confirming their descent into parody, the couple brought what has become the Hamilton show to Manchester, to promote the Erotica 2004 festival. "We have left the fantasy world of politics for the real world of showbiz and erotica," Ms Hamilton said.

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Good morning Romfordian, I think anything goes as long as it's not in Havering. Maybe that's what the new boy was trying to say?

Anger at Tory MP who backed Commons 'erotica' dinner

By Simon Walters for The Mail on Sunday and Andrew Chapman for MailOnline
Updated: 00:40, 17 August 2010

HP Sauce: Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell sponsored a dinner in the Commons for sex industry entrepreneur Savvas Christodoulou

A Tory MP came under fire last night for letting a businessman who has donated money to him hold an £89-a-head ‘Erotica House of Commons Dinner’ followed by a sex party where guests must wear kinky fancy dress.

Conservative Andrew Rosindell is sponsoring a dinner in the ­Commons’ prestigious Members’ Dining Room for sex industry ­entrepreneur ­Savvas Christodoulou.

Advertisements for the Commons dinner are headed ‘Erotica 2010’ – a multi-million-pound adult entertainment show at London’s Olympia run by Mr Christodoulou in November. The ‘Erotica 2010’ logo contains the date of the Westminster event, October 2, and is superimposed on a silhouetted ­picture of Parliament.

‘Ever wondered how it feels to stroll the ancient corridors of power?’ the advert asks. ‘Erotica has arranged a special evening.’

After the Commons banquet, guests are invited to attend an ‘After Party’ on a nearby boat where entertainment includes ‘pole dancing, burlesque and erotic performances’.

The publicity for the function makes it clear that the Commons dinner and the ‘After Party’ are part of a combined event: guests can pay £89 to take part in both – or £35 for the ‘After Party’ only, it states.

A picture of a model in a latex body costume and sailor’s cap appears beneath the heading ‘House of Commons, Dinner and After Party’ alongside Parliament’s portcullis symbol, changed from its usual Commons pea green to a lurid red.

Strictly no cameras: An advert for the Erotica 2010 House of Commons Dinner

Mr Rosindell, MP for Romford in East London, last night insisted he had done nothing wrong.

The former vice-chairman of the ­Conservative Party said he agreed to let Mr Christodoulou hold the dinner because his Erotica Ltd business is based in ­Romford, where he also owns the Buddha Lounge nightclub.

‘It is a non-profit-making dinner and I would have done the same for any local business, charity or organisation,’ he said. Mr Rosindell claimed the ‘After Party’ had nothing to do with the Commons dinner. When it was pointed out that the two events are linked on the Erotica 2010 website, he said: ‘I haven’t seen any invitations.

‘As far as I am aware, Erotica is a separate business. I have never been to an Erotica event, I am not interested in that kind of thing. I am not endorsing anything. I was simply asked to sponsor a dinner. I’m not even sure I will go.’

In 2006, Mr Rosindell declared in the Commons register of interests that his constituency party had received a donation from ‘Savas Christodoulou, of Secrets Ltd’. Secrets Ltd is also owned by Mr Christodoulou, It did not say how much money Mr Rosindell was given.

Mr Christodoulou’s Buddha Lounge nightclub claims on its website to be ‘inspired from the Far Eastern opium dens of the 1920’s [sic]’. Last year, there were calls for the club to be stripped of its licence after allegations of drug-taking. The businessman, a former accountant with rock band Pink Floyd, has made a fortune from his annual Erotica exhibitions, which are attended by thousands of people.

Publicity material for the ‘Erotica Commons Dinner’ says: ‘Commons 6.30pm. Pay bar at Strangers Dining Room. 7pm. Three-course dinner in members Dining Room. 10.30pm. Depart from Commons and make your way to HMS President moored at ­Victoria Embankment.’

It says the dress code for the Commons is ‘black tie for gentlemen, evening dresses for ladies’. For the HMS President ‘After Party’ it changes to: ‘Enforced fantasy dress code. Dress up or be refused entry! Suggestions include: ‘Berlin Cabaret, lingerie, ­militaria, fetish, Latex, leather etc’.

Guests are urged to ‘dance, drink and make merry’. It warns: ‘Strictly no cameras’.
Tough new rules for the use of Commons dining rooms were introduced after claims that MPs were using them to make money for business contacts.

Leading Tory Right-winger Mr Rosindell hit the headlines in the run-up to the 2001 General Election when he campaigned with his late Staffordshire Bull Terrier Spike, who wore a Union Flag waistcoat.

A fellow MP said: ‘This smutty event is below the dignity of the Commons.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1303140/Conservative-MP-Andrew-Rosindell-backed-Commons-erotica-dinner.html#ixzz3Qg29T6Xe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks C O H Couldn't remember the details
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Royston Eldridge

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Council Witness
I remember Rosindell inviting the Erotica business to parliament too. Mr Rosindell is apparently a homosexual AND strongly identifies himself wth the scouts and other youth groups - if his rumoured homosexuality is true I imagine that there is some concern about him in traditionalist parts of the Conservative Party.

Was it wise ever to have selected Mr Rosindell as a parliamentary candidate in such a traditional area dominated by office commuters, the property sector and the Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex masons ?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Percy.
Is there a Victorias secret or similar lingerie shop in Havering?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

confused of hornchurch

There's a guy in Romford market sells erotic lingerie, perhaps the council will close him down.

The EU insists that revenue from drugs and prostitution is now included in the growth statistics of EU member countries.

Am I to assume that Mr Dervish is at odds with EU policy?

Re: Sex Establishments Banned In Havering

Percy.
I was wondering that now it seems compulsory to be gay to be a councilor is it an attack on heterosexuals to ban such entertainment?