Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Over the past few months there has been a drastic increase in anti social behavour in Harold Hill.  There has been a number of incidents at Hilldene Shopping centre where groups of youths are literally causing havoc in many of the local shops and helping themselves to their stock.  There has also been a number of violent attacks. There have also been incidents where store security staff have been sprayed bu fire extinguishers.

In addition to this there is a growing trend of pizza delivery drivers being attacked and robbed.  I spoke to one of the Managers of Dominoes in Harold Park and he advised me that there have been around 20 incidents in the past couple of months.

There are gangs driving around on scooters driving like idiots and causing total chaos. They even sprayed a fire extinguisher into the car of a man who was driving.  It is only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or killed.

Urgent action is required or I fear that local residents will start taking the law into their own hands.  I have even seen photos where groups of youths have blatently started rocking a police van that was called to a scene !!

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Percy
Its not just Harold Hill.No police on patrol is the reason.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Hi Percy, even when the police turn up it does not seem to phase them.  There were photos on facebook of a group of them actually rocking a police van.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Percy
Yes there was a meeting with the police who explained they can do nothing.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

fred
Police at the sharp end neutered by the box tickers,the Met is full of people promoted because of their gender-ladies or colour-not white,won't get any better under the latest left wing social worker,but she ticks two out of three boxes,so Khan and his ilk are happy.
Back in the day coppers were ex guardsmen who you didn't mess with,they also got promoted on merit.

How far is back in the day.I worked with the Met in the late 60s, 70s and 80s they were bent as a 9 bob note.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

fred
50s,60s and 70s in S London,yes they were and still are,but we walked around in safety.I first met my wife around midnight on a Saturday night she was walking home from the Streatham Locarno with her mate,I was coming out of a restaurant in Camberwell Green,if you need to drive it today keep your doors locked,its why we don't live there anymore.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

I have always found our local police to be really good and proactive whenever I have had dealings with them.  I was also on the SNT ward panel when I was a member in Hylands ward.

On 6 March 2017 Jan Sargent and I attended a police meeting at St George's church.  The Borough Commander was there and we raised concerns about the anti social behaviour at Hilldene shopping centre.  A few days prior to the meeting we had been having a coffee in the Diner when a fight broke out in Greggs the bakers opposite.  The issue of the Moped riders and attacks on pizza delivery drivers was also raised.  Jan Sargent has been in contact with the Borough Commander since the meeting and they have been trying to organise a public meeting regarding this issue.

One of the problems that the police face is that many people do not actually report incidents directly to them.  Some people think that posting about it on a facebook page is enough.  Every incident needs to be reported to enable the police to get the extra resources to deal with the problem.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Since 2008 Havering council has invested tens of millions of pounds on the Hill in the guise of the Harold Hill Ambitions Programme. I sit here wondering - What difference it has made.....

CLICK HERE

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

We are still waiting for a date for an official public meeting.  However, at last nights Gooshays ward SNT meeting, the people of Harold Hill came out in force.  The meeting had to be moved to a larger room at My Place and there was around 150 people there and around 50 had to be turned away because the room was not big enough to hold everyone.  It was good to see all of the community coming together.

From the Harold Hill Hub

Jan Sargent
6 hrs
Well, what did we learn from the Police Meeting yesterday evening ?
This is how I see it :
**We learned that the people of Harold Hill have had enough of the rise in crime in their area.
**That we the residents of Harold Hill are once again willing to stand and work together, this time to make Harold Hill a safe, secure and pleasant environment to live within.
** That Harold Hill ( Havering ) with regards to policing has merged with Ilford , Barking and Dagenham and that as a whole, we are now identified as Echo Alpha
** That although we have become part of a Super Borough we still have a response police team in Spilsby Road , Harold Hill.
** That the police who held the meeting were not response officers but designated officers assigned to this area and form part of Safer Neighbourhood Teams being
Gooshays , Heaton and Harold Wood..
** That these officers are assigned to work directly with us ( The community ) They liase between residents and relevant senior police officers throughout the borough.
** That Harold Hill is split into three areas/ wards. Each ward has its own designated councillors , police safer neighbourhood officers and volunteer safer neighbourhood residents who form a panel , all of which work for us , the community.
** That each ward hold regular Safer Neighbourhood Team meetings. These meetings are for us to voice our issues and concerns. To voice these concerns directly with officers.
** That we need to find out which ward we are in and to not only attend these meetings but become involved. If not for ourselves but for our families and future generations.
** That we need to report ALL crime directly to the police and not on facebook to anyone pretending to be in direct contact with the police. The report has to come from YOU. Otherwise it didn't happen. Once we have reported the incident we need to ask for a reference no. This not only acts as proof of our report but also helps any further incidents or information relevant to the report to be easily found on the police computer system.
**Non emergencies 101 Emergencies 999. Once we have been put through we will be asked if we need the Essex police or the Metropolitan police. Harold hill is part of a London Borough therefore we are policed by the Metropolitan police.
I know sometimes this can be confusing as our postal address is Essex.
** That we all need to find out which ward we are in so we can attend the safer neighbourhood meetings which are relevant to our ward.
** That we need the.ward officers / Councillor's to be accountable. We need to be reassured that they have our best interest at heart.
** That we all must become involved. We no longer can turn a blind eye and let other people take control. We all need to take responsibility. Together we can do it.
** That no matter who you are , which position you hold or what your political preferences are, we all share the same goal.
To make our streets safe and secure.
To find out which ward you live within just click on the link below and enter your postcode into the search bar. As far as I know The Gooshays Safer Neighbourhood meetings are well advertised. I'm not sure about Heaton and Harold Wood. We will look into this and update you on here.
Finally, as you are aware we are trying to arrange a Police meeting with Senior Police and Council officers. Once we have a date we'll let you all know .
Well done everyone. We 💜 Harold Hill
Keep going !!! We won't ve able to change things nationally but we can try our hardest to change what's going on around here !
https://www.writetothem.com/
https://www.writetothem.com/

photos by Dave Curtis

Have not heard of any ward meetings for years the last meeting we had with the police was outside near the clock tower and only after we threatened to form a vigilante force.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Hi Percy, they do still have them, next one is in July. http://212.62.21.14/Team/Havering/SouthHornchurch.
The SGT is really good I used to see him when I was on the Hylands ward panel.

That link seems out of date and no details of meetings.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
Here Percy, this is at the bottom of the page;

For more information about local policing visit the main Safer Neighbourhoods section.

Priorities
Anti Social Behaviour - Drugs
Burglary
Anti Social Behaviour in general
South Hornchurch priorities and promises (81 KB)
Promises
Burglary
Motor vehicle crime
Safer Schools Officers' Activities
Meet the team
See all team members
Inspector Maxine Blackledge Inspector Maxine Blackledge Sergeant Ian Bargus Sergeant Ian Bargus PC Craig Blackwood PC Craig Blackwood No portrait is available. PC Dean Smith
Your team
Inspector Maxine Blackledge, Sergeant Ian Bargus, PC Craig Blackwood & PC Dean Smith.
Come and see us
RSS Feeds

See all local meetings
24 July 2017 - Public meeting
An indoor meeting that any member of the public can attend held indoors.

16 October 2017 - Public meeting
An indoor meeting that any member of the public can attend held indoors.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Percy
thanks it was my browser suddenly decided to be out of date .

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

It's not just Harold Hill - Havering is importing criminals from inner London boroughs..

Romford Town crime statistics for the last 6 months.

October 2016  There wer 342 reported crimes in Romford Town ward.

March 2017  There were 417 reported crimes in Romford Town ward

This is a 21% increase in 6 months.

A quarter of all crimes in the last 12 months are "violent or sexual" offences (970)

A quarter of offences are "anti social behaviour" (969)

There were 216 public order offences and 27 involved the possession of weapons.

Crime in Romford is not falling.. It is increasing at an alarming rate. Since March there has been one fatal stabbing and a total of 19 stabbings so far this year.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

dalek1
Much to my dismay Mummy D1 is moving to the Kent coast to be near my brother in her twilight years. Much as I'll miss her I know she's out of this borough and in the relative safety of a retirement home well away from here. Oh how this borough has gone down the toilet bowl in the last 20 years when she first moved here.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Percy
She may have to be on the front line as the waves of invaders attack the Kent coast.Keep her fit and train her in Martial arts.

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

From The Enquirer

Anti-social gangs causing misery in Harold Hill
By Newsdesk - 11 January 201803883
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
Farnham Road

Gangs have been terrorising shopkeepers in the Farnham Road area
“The police do nothing”
“Police presence hasn’t dropped, its fallen off the cliff”, was the stark message issued by a shopkeeper in Farnham Road, Harold Hill after four weeks of terrifying abuse by a gang of local thugs.

Staff at the shop, who have chosen not to be identified, have been threatened with knives, bottles, been spat on, verbally abused and pushed. Some staff are too scared even to leave the shop and walk to the bus stop after dark.

“Every day for a month these kids would come in and abuse staff, they threaten us with knives, they steal and even kick us.

“We called the police but they weren’t interested. We have to lock up at 11pm and walk to the bus stop and we are scared as they are on the corner of the street watching us,” said one shop worker.

After weeks of intimidating and anti-social behaviour, the staff have turned to the local Harold Hill Independent Party members, Jan Sargent and Lorraine Moss, for help.

“Since Ms Sargent has intervened, the police have started to listen to us. We would call 999 and on one occasion a police officer accused us of time wasting, saying we had called him only for a theft of £2.50, but they had abused us, threatened us – we didn’t know what to do, they didn’t even want to see the CCTV footage,” the staff member continued.

Anti-social behaviour has affected many shops in the Hilldene area, leaving some customers afraid to go shopping through fear of violence.

“Customers were telling us that they were too scared to come in our shop at night after witnessing the threatening behaviour. These kids don’t care who sees them, we started to shut our side door at 4pm to avoid them coming in and stealing,” she added.

The store manager has also suffered at the hands of these thugs.

Thugs
He said: “I have been spat upon and pushed – I was a store manager in Tottenham but I think this area is worse.

“We don’t see the police anymore; they used to come in our shop, PCSOs and specials, now no-one comes in.

“We got the names and information of these thugs and we passed it all on to the police, but nothing happened,” he added.

The manager would like to see a ‘dispersal order’ being used to help stop this form of anti-social behaviour. These orders disperse groups of two or more people from areas where there is persistent anti-social behaviour.

The threatening and abusive behaviour has left staff scared and disappointed.

“They gave us a local number for the police so we didn’t have to keep calling 999, but, every time we called it no-one came. We left three voicemails and no-one ever answered us,” the store worker added.

by FRANCESCA LILLEYSTONE

Re: Serious Increase In Crime and Anti Social Behaviour In Harold Hill

Lorraine Moss
From The Enquirer

Harold Hill residents raise issues face to face with council leaders
By Newsdesk - 11 January 20180970
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
Meet the leader
Cllr Roger Ramsey (second right) and Cllr Melvin Wallace (r)
Meeting described as “positive”
Following an outbreak of anti-social behaviour in the Hilldene area of Harold Hill, Lorraine Moss and Jan Sargent visited Havering Council Leader Councillor Roger Ramsey and Cabinet Member Melvin Wallace in a special ‘meet the leader session’.

The two Harold Hill Independent Party members met with the council members in the Harold Hill library on Friday, January 4 to highlight how the trouble is affecting the area.

Ms Sargent said: “We raised this issue in March last year to the police borough commander, but the trouble is occurring again – I have actually witnessed these issues myself outside Greggs [bakery].I live in this community, I know what goes on here.”

Jan is also on the Gooshays police ward panel and is very active in trying to resolve the problems with anti-social behaviour that arise.

She continued: “It has got worse, I chat with local shop owners, the greengrocer, the Co-op; the ladies there are scared to leave the shop. “

Knowing the meet the leader session was due to take place, both ladies decided to ask the council members for help with the situation, and were met with a “positive” response.

“I asked Councillor Wallace if he would talk with the area’s shop-owners. He came across and chatted and heard for himself all about the problems going on. It was really positive,” continued Ms Sargent.

Positive
Ms. Moss spoke with Council Leader Cllr Ramsey: “It was a very positive discussion, both Cllr Ramsey and Cllr Wallace were very concerned about the ongoing issues in the borough and are going to look into the matter,” she said.

Cllr Wallace told The Enquirer: “Issues like these are not right and need to be stopped. We will try hard and work with the police to sort this out. Assaults are a police matter and we will raise these issues with them. It’s part of our job as councillors to help residents and we will try our best to do this.”

“I know the Leader will take the issue forward.”

by FRANCESCA LILLEYSTONE