Scam RE Roadworks

Lorraine Moss
I have just received this email.

I have just had a message left on my voicemail about a scam that has been going on in the Burntwood Avenue area in Emerson Park which could well spread elsewhere (if it hasn't already).  Apparently once the utility company has marked up the road/pavement for the ensuing works, two men in high vis gear come along immediately afterwards door knocking telling people they must pay them £1000 if they want their water (in this instance) restored after the works.

This information has been passed to all of the SNT teams.

Re: Scam RE Roadworks

AngelDelight
Oh blimey, it is the elderly who suffer in that scam.
Hope nobody has been conned.

Re: Scam RE Roadworks

That not a scam Lorraine but a stand pipe dream.  Only a fool would believe that tosh.  Still, just one fool would be a nice little earner.

Re: Scam RE Roadworks

Lorraine Moss
Hi Ho Hum what concerns me like Angel said, is our elderly residents.  These people can be very intimadating and have been known in similar incidents to actually go to the bank with people and wait for them to withdraw the cash.

Re: Scam RE Roadworks

Ho-Hum
This is true....I knew an old guy who was taken to a cash machine by bogus builders.