SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
It would appear from the agenda that members of the public can attend.  I will find out for certain tomorrow.

You can view the agendas here http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/documents/b3012/Late%20items%2014th-Oct-2014%2019.30%20Governance%20Committee.pdf?T=9   http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/documents/g3042/Public%20reports%20pack%2014th-Oct-2014%2019.30%20Governance%20Committee.pdf?T=10

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Planning of havering
Any member of the public can attend any meeting of the council but may be asked to leave if the meeting is dealing with exempted items

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

confused of hornchurch

Or if the meeting becomes too rowdy, the councillors feel threatened and the police have to be called.

It's happened before.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

bellend
or if they start the lodge meeting early

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

I have just been in touch with Havering Council and members of the pubic can attend this meeting.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
Here are the changes that are being proposed.  It looks like vice chairs of committees are starting to get SRA's again.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Percy.
So it looks pretty much business as usual then .The poor council tax payers did not vote for this.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Romfordian
Not reduced it by much what a surprise I take it the RATs are sticking there nasty little faces in the trough
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Independent man
It looks like they will take a small deduction in the allowance this will be eroded by the extra cabinet positions given to the RA members of the coalition.
A very small step in the right direction but they will still be vastly overpaid for part-time positions and they will be hitting the council tax payers of Havering with another £60millions plus in cuts to services.
I hope the voters in Havering will not be taken in when the council tell us we have kept the council tax low, the truth is we still pay the third highest council tax in London. and we have taken over £100millions worth of cut-backs
,
,
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

bellend
how are they expected to live on that?

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Percy.
Ask the councilors in Brentwood allowances are less than Half those in Havering and they have real scrutiny panels with people who fail getting thrown out of office.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
Hi Percy, are you going to go to the meeting?

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Percy you said "Ask the councilors in Brentwood, allowances are less than Half those in Havering".

Well we did and the allowances in Brentwood are over 65%lower than those in Havering.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Yes indeed I know several of them well and have talked several Times with the lady Mayor a very nice lady who genuinely has worked for her ward for 40 years at times for nothing.Now ask the Purfleet Grays council they get Half or less than Havering as well.All with much the same problems as we have.
They also give more information than we get from the council with many of the councilors having daily Blogs on what they do or Facebook pages for those that care to participate.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

I will be attending this evening and filming some parts of the meeting.  If anyone else wishes to attend you have to ring Grant Soderberg on 01708 433091.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Percy.
Would love to go but am helping the MS society tonight.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Hi Lorraine, our usual observer won't be there tonight.

There are 5 Conservatives and 2 RAT's on the 13 man committee.

Can you let Administration know what the voting was and if you Youtube any videos send me the links to angryofhavering@hotmail.co.uk and I will put them in a prominent place.

Thanks

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
Hi Admin will do.

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
Just got back and I am in the process of uploading the video to you tube.  Will have to be in 3 parts as it is to long to put on in one go,

Re: SRA's Are On The Agenda For Governance Meeting On 14 October

Lorraine Moss
Here is part one, sorry about the sound quality.