Romford Market

OLD CODGER
We went in to the market yesterday and what a disgrace hardly any stalls and the stall holders parked thier vans in the market behind the stalls.
What are the council going to do let it rundown and build flats
Also noticed the number of shops only using coloured models in the window.

Re: Romford Market

dalek1
What markets left?
I haven't seen it since last June I visited it and nearly nothing.
Not worth the visit when I can next get up there.
Bob

Re: Romford Market

Bob
I have seen no red or blue models in the windows but what market is any good now. Here a proper one.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Romford Market

OC the street scene is changing and you're correct that Romford Market is in decline, but if you want to spend some money and kill an hour or two you could try the new Thai Serenity massage and relaxation centre that has just opened in Station Lane Hornchurch. (Almost opposite Hornchurch Station)

Better than spending an hour or two walking round the market in the rain.

Re: Romford Market

About three years ago I went into a large department store in Romford (but it's fallen victim to the high street downturn) and they had silver models on display.
Bob

Re: Romford Market

Bob
Yes I have seen silver models the rest seem alabaster white.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Romford Market

confused of hornchurch

I don't think it would matter if they were green with orange spots, I just don't go to those big stores anymore because I won't pay the parking charges and I won't risk subsidising Havering Council with any £130 fines. It's a no brainer, the high street is dead and it's been dying since the parking enforcement was handed over to local councils.

Re: Romford Market

confused of hornchurch

This could be construed as the pot calling the kettle black but as Mike Ashley says It's also greedy landlords to blame.

The word greed just about sums it up!

Mike Ashley blames greed for House of Fraser store closures
2 hours ago

Mike Ashley bought House of Fraser for £90m
Sports Direct billionaire Mike Ashley has blamed "greedy landlords" for the closure of three House of Fraser department stores.
Mr Ashley, who bought the retailer out of administration for £90m, announced on Sunday that 15 sites previously earmarked for closure will stay open.
But stores in Edinburgh, Hull and Swindon will close after the failure of negotiations over cuts in rents.
Landlords have hit back, saying "EACH PARTY WILL HAVE ITS OWN INTERESTS".
In a statement, House of Fraser said at least 20 stores have now agreed new rental terms, safeguarding about 3,500 jobs.
However, in addition to the three closures, a fourth store in Bath is also at risk of closure as the businessman negotiates with council authorities, the outlet's landlord, over new rental terms.
Hundreds of staff affected by the three store closures are now going through redundancy consultation.

That coupled with Havering's desire to treat the motorists as a never ending cash flow have killed the goose that laid the golden egg.