Romford Doctor Charged With 118 Sexual Offences

Romford Doctor Charged With 118 Sexual Offences

Council Witness
Dr Manish Shah of Brunel Close, Romford has been charged for sexual crimes committed between 2004 and 2013.  The police investigation into Dr Shah didn't start until 2013 ! The 54 victims included under-13 girl !

I find it hard to believe that for 8 years  (between 2004 - 2012) Havering Police did not receive a single report or concern about Dr Shah.  Was it a case of sexual crime being ignored by the police as too trivial or something they simply aren't interested in ?

I think this case tells a deeper story about the reality of our police - they seem to ignore some types of crime because they don't like investigating them.  What's your view ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4754576/Doctor-47-charged-118-sexual-offences.html

Re: Romford Doctor Charged With 118 Sexual Offences

Ho-Hum
Those in positions of trust who sexually abuse vulnerable people should be severely dealt with in my view.

Doctors should never be allowed to practise again, likewise teachers should never be allowed in the classroom again.

Lengthy jail terms should be mandatory.

Re: Romford Doctor Charged With 118 Sexual Offences

It's all very confusing. Don't forget that it's the CPS that have to recommend charging an individual, so maybe it was them that didn't consider there was sufficient evidence.

What does worry me is the fact that he was still on the NHS choices website, and appeared to be working one day a week in a surgery in Southend although he was supposed to have been suspended.

We'll just have to await the outcome of the trial.