Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
Lets not all worry for this poor Bulgarian Roma Gypsy child - On the First of January 2014 they can come here to be looked after - The child is soon likely to be sent to a foster family - I can't help but wonder where - Thank God for the EU.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Percy.
My friend has just bought a few houses in Romania and is opening a holiday hotel.He says that so far as he can tell and he has been out there a year and His Father several years.Very few want to Come to England.They want to go to America Canada or the Southern European Countries like Greece or Spain.They dont like England too cold, wet and crowded.
I am going out there next year as it has lots of places for fishing and the towns have good cafe culture and are cleaner than Romford on a Sunday Morning.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
Wish I had your confidence - 3 Romanian family's have moved into 2 houses in Mowbrays Road in Collier Row since June - The problem is 4 other neighbouring houses have gone up for sale in the last 8 weeks.

The corner house on the right sold to Romanians in February and 2 Roma families have moved in to it - The house next door sold to Roma's 2 weeks ago - Three of the houses opposite have gone up for sale in the last 8 weeks.

Thank God for the EU.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

confused of hornchurch

This may create a housing shortage in the UK, but not to worry, there is an option for those of us resident here.

London rents are so high it is now cheaper to live in BARCELONA and commute in (and here’s how…)
Sam Cookney did the sums after becoming sick of rent prices in London
He found it would be cheaper live in Spain and fly to his job in the City

A four day commute from Europe worked out at £339 per-month cheaper

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477291/London-rents-high-cheaper-live-BARCELONA-commute-heres-.html#ixzz2ip1mKT2Q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
One of the knock on problems of these Romanian and Bulgarians coming here is their children (for educational purposes are known as EAL (English additional language) and that creates another problem.

Latest Recruitment

And Another - All required in this area.

http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Empowering-Learning-Ltd/jobs/Recruiting-Romanian-Bulgarian-Teacher-118303df10dab16a

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

confused of hornchurch

Maybe a small rise in our council tax is inevitable?

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Fed up
The Romanians and Bulgarians have been here since 2007 when they joined the EU. The only thing that is happening in January is their restrictions on being employed rather than self employed are being lifted. Since 2007 they have been able to come here and work in a self employed capacity, or if they had a yellow or blue card they could be employed. There seems to be a lot of scaremongering at the moment, people seem to think that in January we are going to get a sudden influx as they think the borders are being opened, the people I have spoken to are really surprised when I tell them they have been allowed free movement since 2007.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
Hi Fed Up,

You are only partly right and only telling 30% of the story.

So what is so special about the First of January 2014 then?

Bulgarians and Romanians gained the right to visa-free travel to the UK in 2007 when their countries joined the EU, but as you say there were temporary restrictions on the kind of jobs they could take.

Employers had to apply for work permits and migrants for an "accession worker card". Low-skilled workers were restricted to existing quota schemes in the agricultural and food processing sectors.

These restrictions will be dropped on 1 January 2014 when Bulgarians and Romanians will also be entitled to claim the same benefits and NHS care as other UK citizen.

When the same scenario applied to Poland the government of the day predicted 30,000 Poles would come here – The truth is 800,000 came.

Now for some interesting facts on Romanian salaries

The average salary in Romania is €479 per month before tax or €347 after tax. (£287 per month) less than a third of the minimum wage in the UK.

Benefits in the UK start at £56.25 for under 25 - £71 if over 25 or £111.45 a week for a couple (per month £243.75 - £307 - £482.95 respectively).

From the first of January 2014 all Romanians and Bulgarians can claim these and every other UK benefit to a maximum of £26,000 per year.They also have full access to the NHS.

The minimum wage in Britain is £6.31 per hour or £1,100 a month for a 40 hour week – That is 20% more than a doctor is paid in Romania.

The population of Poland is 38.4 million and 800,000 came to the UK.

There are 29 million Romanian and Bulgarians and going on the experience of Poland you can expect over 600,000 of them to come here.

I do hope I am wrong but the one thing you cannot argue with is History.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Fed up
Hi Phil, you say 'Employers had to apply for work permits and migrants for an "accession worker card". Low-skilled workers were restricted to existing quota schemes in the agricultural and food processing sectors.'
Yes they did need accession worker cards to be employed, but they could be self employed.

What about working as a self employed person?
EU law allows a citizen of the Union to establish themselves in Business in any member
state. This means a Bulgarian or Romanian national will be allowed to be self employed
in any Member State. Romanian or Bulgarian nationals who are self employed in the UK
must register their business activity with the Inland Revenue and must register to pay
National Insurance contributions as a self employed person.

Working in a highly populated Romanian area trust me when I say the Romanians have been claiming benefits and getting NHS care since 2007.
I did hear from my cousin who worked on the olympic stadium that the majority of workers were Romanian.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
I am not disputing the self employed that are registered with the Inland Revenue and Paying National Insurance contributions are entitled to claim benefit but as from January 1st 2014 all 29 million of them are entitled to the same benefit as any other UK citizen.

In 2001 the UK population was 58,789,194

In 2011 the UK population has grown to 63,182,000

An increase of almost 4.5 million. When do you say "enough is enough".

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Fed up
Enough was enough a long time ago, but while we are in the EU there is nothing we can do and as no one will give us a proper referendum then basically we are stuffed.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
I could not agree more and I would love to advise people how to vote in 2014's European elections and the 2015 general election.

Conservatives, Labour nor the LibDems will ever give the UK electorate an IN/OUT referendum on EU membership as they believe you will all vote the wrong way - That only leaves one credible party but I can't mention them as the promotion of political parties is prohibited.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Percy.
The average wage in Romania may be low but you can go out have a good dinner with wine and entertainment for less than £10.They have IKEA just as we do with the same furniture the only difference it costs less than a third over here.
Wages are relative a house can be bought for about £4000 with a good size garden or orchard.
They have 29 million people in a country just bigger than the UK.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Independent man
All this racist talk leaves a nasty taste in the mouth,I expect people will now say im not a racist its just this country is to small and we have to many people coming over here.
We all have the freedome to go and work and live in other EU countries,I have done so and it was a great experience.
God bless all you little Englanders
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
I am curious to know what is racist about this thread.

All what racist talk?

Are you advocating an open door policy on immigration?

If people complain about the demographics of uncontrolled immigration are they racist?

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Independent man
We live in a changing world people now have the freedome to travel and work in europe,a lot of brits work in Germany,France,Spain ect.
The UK needs to work and trade with our neighbours in Europe,without that we will become a much poorer country,we have a market of millions of people on our doorstep.
Constantly demonizing poor eastern european people from different ethnic backgrounds and informing us all,that the floodgates are now opening because a few have moved in to a street in Romford is scaremogering.

Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Percy.
I was surprised Phil put up that photo of the Houses.I would not want to identify houses in such a context with the looney right wing watching this forum.We dont want them marching on those houses.
I had taken some photos of houses in parts of the Borough to show how many empty and boarded up council and private houses there are.But thought better of it as I would not want to identify them to Squatters and thieves.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Percy you better phone RIGHTMOVE and tell them to stop putting photos of peoples houses on the internet - It may attract squatters and thieves - In your mind - Rightmove even state vacant possession !

Oooooh Look - That naughty Rightmove - Putting more pictures of houses for sale in Mowbrays Road on the internet - Dear oh dear - The place will be crawling alive with Squatters and Criminals.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27598749.html

Here Percy this is getting really serious - Google are at it now - Head for the hills the squatters and criminals are coming.

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2ocg8wz3f28tbzobzr5z2u

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Percy.
Of course you can even google earth any house does not make it right.SEveral houses burgled after they had open days shows the problem of all this display of empty houses.However it was the context of your post suggesting those houses were full of immigrants can not be good .Remember the poor soul beaten up because he was a paediatrician and some people saw an article about him and his house they thought he was a paedophile.
No I decided I would not post pictures of empty and unused properties just in case.

Re: Romania and Bulgaria.

Phil Wailing
Percy it's getting worse !

There is a bungalow for sale in Noak Hill - It is on the internet with pictures - and a map how to get there - and a link to Street View so you will find it easily - But wait for it - Zoopla are saying:

"Two bedroom semi detached bungalow offered with vacant possession and great potential".

They must mean great potential for squatters and thieves.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/30535313?utm_source=trov&utm_medium=feeds&