Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Michael Towner
The BBC tells me that most people are so poor they can hardly afford a slice of bread and dripping & salt or even a chip barm (now they ARE decent snacks!) ....so who's buying all these expensive fireworks? Answers on a postcard to dalek.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

OLD CODGER
Well we had large fireworks still going off at 1.30 am this morning.
Thank you for keeping us up.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

fred
Its austerity you can blame, according to some reports nobodys got a pot to piss in, seem to have money for fireworks though,same round our way again tonight bless em.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
Paid a visit to Hornchurch on Sat and went to Sainsburys just out of curiosity to look at the price of the fireworks.
The big multishot ones were £75 or two for £130!
Ad that to the usual stuff and your looking at least a couple of hundred smackers.
Got laughed when I asked for a box of penny bangers!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Ho-Hum
What ever happened to 1d bangers?

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Phil Wailing
They disappeared in 1971, the same year that the tobacco company Rothmans announced they were the main sponsors of the British Olympic team.

Thank heavens the British Olympians are now sponsored by health conscious companies like Coca Cola and Mcdonnalds.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

So I must have heard about 20-grand going bang last evening!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

They still exist but are now called ten quid bangers.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Yes and one of the most macabre sponsorships down the years is booze makers giving dosh to F1.
Great stuff 24 blokes doing 200 mph and hey ho lets advertise spirits in the process.
I'm sure Lewis Hamilton our most successful driver has a few shots of Johnnie Walker prior to each race!
Not!
Talking of fag sponsorship correct me if I'm wrong but I believe F1 only got shot of it about 10 years ago.
And thats sometime after dear old Bernie Ecclestone kept badgering the politicians at the time to keep it going for as long as possible!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
Over for another year thankfully so Doggie D1 can stop cowering into Mummies lap everytime she here's a bang going off.
Bless her little cotton socks!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

I used to go to Silverstone every year for about 10 years practice days and race day. The cigarette girls were the highlight of the days very attractive giving gifts, I did not smoke but took the gifts for others. I think it was a world wide decree to stop cigarette sponsorship.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Ho-Hum
Just when I thought it was safe to go out, it's more bloody fireworks tonight in Harrow Lodge Park.  Why couldn't the council have their BIG NOISE AND STINK last weekend on Nov 4th?  They did the same last year when Bonfire Night fell on a Saturday, the thickheads had to wait till the following Saturday for their nuisance value.

Gunpowder Plot is sorely needed at the Town Hall, in my view.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
Wait a minute.
Cant you see the advantage of a firework display on the park?
It could be one of distinguished Havering cabinet members turn up to light the bonfire.
Now if they found themselves ON the bonfire then it could quite easily be regarded as a case of mistaken identity "sorry officer I thought the guy got up and walked".
Actually thats a good idea for another Havering money making scam oh scheme.
Ramsey Wallace White (both of them) Dervish Rosser could all sit on a park bench and kids could stand behind them asking for cash. 0.00001 of a penny for the guy please!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

I took Little Miss D1 to the display, and was fairly impressive if very repetitive.
Went with a little school mate of hers and her dad.
I would however be very peed off if the 20 minute display was bankrolled by the council taxpayer.
Does anyone know this for sure.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

I'd vote for putting on the bonfire. Just seen a reply he sent to a neighbour - he's on his last legs, poor old cunt. He sent my neighbour a reply meant for someone else! How much does he get in expenses?

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
Michael he's just a puppet.
The real leaders are you know who.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

I think about 55 grand!
Not bad for a useless lying old tosser.
12