Remember, remember the 5th of November.

confused of hornchurch

A tale of caution. (don't try this at home)

Shocking moment naked Scotsman suffers burns after firing rocket from his BUM in drunken prank
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: The 'silly' man screams in pain and bolts upright as the projectile explodes and a crowd of young men erupt into fits of laughter

Annie Butterworth
12:48, 1 NOV 2017
News

Click to play
Man's friends light firework up his bum
This is the shocking moment a Scottish man burnt himself after trying to launch a rocket from his BUM.
The man, from Scotland, can be heard yelling and jumping about in agony as the firework gets stuck and flames scorch his skin.

The rocket is dislodged moments before it detonates on the ground.
Safety campaigners today branded the prankster "very stupid" for the stunt.
The film was uploaded onto social media at the weekend by Twitter user Darren O'Neill and has since gone viral.

The man spills his beer as he removes his trousers (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)

He bends over so another man can place the rocket between his cheeks (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)

At the start of the video the man is seen disrobing and saying "watch my keys" as he removes his jeans.
Spilling a beer as his continues to undress the man then takes off his underwear, while covering his genitals with his hand.
Another man in the background can be heard saying "boaby out and everything" whilst others can be heard laughing.

The man is completely naked during the dangerous prank (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
Read More
British man jailed in Dubai for 'touching man's hip' claims accuser was jealous after waitress chatted with him
Making their way into a garden, someone else can be heard saying: "Put a firework in his arse."
Instructing the man to "bend over", another Scotsman places the wooden stick with the rocket attached between his butt cheeks.
While clenching the stick ready for ignition, someone can be heard "it might burn his arse" before the fuse is lit and the spectators step back.

The firecracker is lit and flames begin to fly (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
Running away after the sparks start to fly, the man who lit the fuse says: "I'm sorry man."
The men can be heard in hysterics as the rocket attempts to take off and the heat intensifies.
Bolting upright and trying to run with the firework still in his bum, the man screams in pain as the projectile explodes behind him.

The man soon begins screaming in pain (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
Choking on the smoke from the rocket, the young men erupt into laughter as the check if their pal is safe, with him replying "get me a cold shower mate right now man".
Since being uploaded the clip has been retweeted by more than 1,500 viewers and liked by nearly 2,500 with many viewers commenting.
One Twitter user said: "What in the actual f**k man"
Another wrote: "You just knew that would end badly"
Carrie Dippy responded: "What I want to know is... why?"
A spokesman for the British Fireworks Association said: "The guy is very silly. It goes to prove that where there's an issue or incident involving fireworks 99 times out 100 it's with the humans involved and not with the firework itself.
"There is nothing else to say other than the man is very, very stupid."

Choking on the smoke, he screams for a cold bath (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
A spokeswoman for the Royal Society For The Prevention Of Accidents (RoSPA), said: “We know of incidents when people have been seriously injured from these kinds of stunts.
“Let’s not forget these are explosives. They come with specific instructions about how they should be used.”
According to the charity, across Great Britain there were 138 firework injury hospital admissions in 2014/15.
While figures for Scotland show that there were nine admissions due to firework injuries in 2014/15, of which four involved under-18s with eight of the nine admissions emergency cases.
More than 5,200 people in England went to A&E for a fireworks-related injury between April 2015 and March 2016, according to the NHS - an increase of 144 per cent from the 2,141 firework-related injuries reported in 2009-10.
The most common injuries treated at Bonfire Night gatherings are burns, debris in the eye from bonfires and fireworks and smoke inhalation.

In 2006 a man in Sunderland suffered serious internal burns when he tried to launch a rocket from his bottom on Bonfire Night.
Emergency services found the 22-year-old bleeding, with a Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket lodged inside him.
He suffered a scorched colon but recovered from the incident.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

bellend
were they MP's?

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

confused of hornchurch

I don't think so, but he certainly has many of the qualities required for a senior post in Whitehall.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
A few in this council are well due rockets up their arses.
V2's preferably!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

That's one way to sort your chalfonts out - cauterise them.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Ho-Hum
Bonfire night used to be for 1 evening and never celebrated when the 5th November fell on a Sunday (fireworks were let off either side of the once respected quiet day)  Not any more, the gunpowder plot goes on for about 2 weeks.

The bangs are 10 times louder than 60 years ago when I was a boy, while flashes stink the night air.  In my view, it's reached a point of being anti-social.  Not so many bonfires these days though and haven't seen children penny-for-the-guying in decades.

Ok, call me a grumpy ol' bugger.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

bellend
you grumpy ol' bugger

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

I thought that was why this forum existed,but you are quite right about November the 5th.Makes you wonder where all the scrap wood goes now,landfill l suppose.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Humph!  Not only am I a grumpy ol' bugger, I'm also a miserable ol' sod.  So there!

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

bellend
and a miserable ol' sod

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Percy
Bonfire night does not go on for weeks in our bright new multi cultural society where we happily embrace the differences we are celebrating a series of end of summer festivals and light festivals celebrated for thousands of years. Not simply the triumph of Protestantism over Catholicism.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

bellend
yes but burning Catholics is a English tradition, they recon they smell a bit like bacon, I wonder if that is true for muslims?

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Ho-Hum
Diwali is the start of the firework noise, flashes and stink, which begins in the second half of October.

Observed by: Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and Newar Buddhists.

Funny, I don't remember Diwali when I was young...part of our cultural enrichment s'pose?

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Percy
Hannukha Diwali the festival of Sarm the festival of the dead Zoroastrianism the list of light festivals is endless they go back beyond time.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Yes, it can save on a visit to Queens but you run the risk of losing your genitalia.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Will you two pack it in Hinge and Bracket.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

To be honest I couldn't give a monkeys what religion they were  they sure had the right idea.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

bellend
I still can't get over a couple of years ago when someone let off loads of rockets and bangers half past one in the morning.

How anti-social, did you call the police? Come to think of it they probably wouldn't have shown up anyway.

Re: Remember, remember the 5th of November.

dalek1
Oh poor little Doggie D1's been hiding under the bed covers.
Something went off outside the window and sounded like an artillery barrage and shook the house and my place is a solid brick late 1920's gaff.
Must have been a good 75 smackers up in smoke for 30 seconds entertainment!
12