Shocking moment naked Scotsman suffers burns after firing rocket from his BUM in drunken prank
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: The 'silly' man screams in pain and bolts upright as the projectile explodes and a crowd of young men erupt into fits of laughter
12:48, 1 NOV 2017
Click to play
Man's friends light firework up his bum
This is the shocking moment a Scottish man burnt himself after trying to launch a rocket from his BUM.
The man, from Scotland, can be heard yelling and jumping about in agony as the firework gets stuck and flames scorch his skin.
The rocket is dislodged moments before it detonates on the ground.
Safety campaigners today branded the prankster "very stupid" for the stunt.
The film was uploaded onto social media at the weekend by Twitter user Darren O'Neill and has since gone viral.
The man spills his beer as he removes his trousers (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
He bends over so another man can place the rocket between his cheeks (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
At the start of the video the man is seen disrobing and saying "watch my keys" as he removes his jeans.
Spilling a beer as his continues to undress the man then takes off his underwear, while covering his genitals with his hand.
Another man in the background can be heard saying "boaby out and everything" whilst others can be heard laughing.
The man is completely naked during the dangerous prank (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
British man jailed in Dubai for 'touching man's hip' claims accuser was jealous after waitress chatted with him
Making their way into a garden, someone else can be heard saying: "Put a firework in his arse."
Instructing the man to "bend over", another Scotsman places the wooden stick with the rocket attached between his butt cheeks.
While clenching the stick ready for ignition, someone can be heard "it might burn his arse" before the fuse is lit and the spectators step back.
The firecracker is lit and flames begin to fly (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
Running away after the sparks start to fly, the man who lit the fuse says: "I'm sorry man."
The men can be heard in hysterics as the rocket attempts to take off and the heat intensifies.
Bolting upright and trying to run with the firework still in his bum, the man screams in pain as the projectile explodes behind him.
The man soon begins screaming in pain (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
Choking on the smoke from the rocket, the young men erupt into laughter as the check if their pal is safe, with him replying "get me a cold shower mate right now man".
Since being uploaded the clip has been retweeted by more than 1,500 viewers and liked by nearly 2,500 with many viewers commenting.
One Twitter user said: "What in the actual f**k man"
Another wrote: "You just knew that would end badly"
Carrie Dippy responded: "What I want to know is... why?"
A spokesman for the British Fireworks Association said: "The guy is very silly. It goes to prove that where there's an issue or incident involving fireworks 99 times out 100 it's with the humans involved and not with the firework itself.
"There is nothing else to say other than the man is very, very stupid."
Choking on the smoke, he screams for a cold bath (Image: @DarrenOneill97/Twitter)
A spokeswoman for the Royal Society For The Prevention Of Accidents (RoSPA), said: “We know of incidents when people have been seriously injured from these kinds of stunts.
“Let’s not forget these are explosives. They come with specific instructions about how they should be used.”
According to the charity, across Great Britain there were 138 firework injury hospital admissions in 2014/15.
While figures for Scotland show that there were nine admissions due to firework injuries in 2014/15, of which four involved under-18s with eight of the nine admissions emergency cases.
More than 5,200 people in England went to A&E for a fireworks-related injury between April 2015 and March 2016, according to the NHS - an increase of 144 per cent from the 2,141 firework-related injuries reported in 2009-10.
The most common injuries treated at Bonfire Night gatherings are burns, debris in the eye from bonfires and fireworks and smoke inhalation.
In 2006 a man in Sunderland suffered serious internal burns when he tried to launch a rocket from his bottom on Bonfire Night.
Emergency services found the 22-year-old bleeding, with a Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket lodged inside him.
He suffered a scorched colon but recovered from the incident.
Bonfire night used to be for 1 evening and never celebrated when the 5th November fell on a Sunday (fireworks were let off either side of the once respected quiet day) Not any more, the gunpowder plot goes on for about 2 weeks.
The bangs are 10 times louder than 60 years ago when I was a boy, while flashes stink the night air. In my view, it's reached a point of being anti-social. Not so many bonfires these days though and haven't seen children penny-for-the-guying in decades.
Ok, call me a grumpy ol' bugger.
Refugees do not have the right to demand but should accept the blessings bestowed upon them gracefully by nations extending the hand of friendship.
Bonfire night does not go on for weeks in our bright new multi cultural society where we happily embrace the differences we are celebrating a series of end of summer festivals and light festivals celebrated for thousands of years. Not simply the triumph of Protestantism over Catholicism.
Oh poor little Doggie D1's been hiding under the bed covers.
Something went off outside the window and sounded like an artillery barrage and shook the house and my place is a solid brick late 1920's gaff.
Must have been a good 75 smackers up in smoke for 30 seconds entertainment!