Real Britain

1 ... 106107108109110111112 ... 142

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

London's year of knife carnage: The teenage victims of 2017 stabbings.

January 20th: Student Djodjo Nsaka, 19, from Streatham, who was doing a business studies degree at Middlesex University, was fatally stabbed outside his halls of residence near Wembley Stadium in north west London.
January 23rd: Schoolboy Quamari Barnes, 15, repeatedly stabbed at a bus stop outside Capital City Academy in Willesden, north west London, where he was a pupil.
March 19th: David Adegbite, 18, from Dagenham, shot dead as he cycled through the St Ann's Estate in Barking, east London, where he used to live.

Michael Jonas was killed in Betts Park in Anerley, near Crystal Palace in November
March 21st: Abdi Sheikhey, 19, who studied mechanical engineering at Redbridge College and lived in Poplar, shot dead as he sat in a car in Ilford. Three men, all aged 21, have since been convicted of his murder.
April 7th: Karim Samms, 16, shot dead near his home in North Woolwich.
April 11th: Abdullahi Tarabi, 19, of Greenford, fatally stabbed in the stomach in Northolt, north west London.
April 19th: Jordan Wright, 19, from Catford, stabbed to death in Blackheath, south east London.
April 23rd: Mohammed Hasan, 17, a Somalian student living in Roehampton, stabbed to death by a gang of youths as he cycled home from a part in Battersea.
May 7th: Elijah Dornelly, 17, stabbed to death during a fight in the car park of a Lidl supermarket in Walthamstow
May 14th: Joao Gomes, 18, stabbed to death outside a Hindu temple in Enfield after a private party publicised on Snapchat spiralled out of control
June 2nd: Abdirahman Mohamed, 17 from Camberwell, stabbed to death in nearby Peckham.
June 6th: Osman Sharif, 16, stabbed to death during broad daylight in Tottenham.
June 29th: talented boxer Mahad Ali, 18, of Islington, north London, stabbed to death at a warehouse party on an industrial estate in Park Royal, west London, two days after London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced new measures to combat the capital's knife crime epidemic, including a £625,000 funding boost for projects to tackle gang activity.

Kacem Mokrane was fatally stabbed on a quiet street in Walthamstow, east London
August 2nd: Joshua Bwalya, 16, from Barking, knifed to death in Barking during a triple stabbing following a 'disturbance' at a late night party.
August 5th: Moped rider Soban Khan, 18, thrown from his scooter and fatally cracked his head on a kerb after being struck by a car in Enfield where he lived with his parents and older sister. The incident was initially investigated as a fatal collision but, following subsequent inquiries, detectives a 23-year-old man was charged with his murder.
August 8th: Daniel Namanga, 19, of Morden, south London, repeatedly stabbed outside a bar on the Old Kent Road in Peckham, south east London, in the early hours.

Jason Isaacs was knifed by moped riders near his home in Northolt, west London
August 8th: Schoolboy Jermaine Goupall, 15, stabbed to death in Thornton Heath, south London
August 25th: RAF Cadet Abdul Mayanja, 19, who lived in Plaistow, shot dead in front of friends outside Maryland railway station, near the Olympic Park, in Stratford
September 5th: Corey Junior Davis, 14, died in hospital the day after being shot alongside a 17-year-old pal in broad daylight near his home in Forest Gate
October 6th: Saif Abdulmagid, 18, of Ealing, repeatedly stabbed in a street in Neasden, north west London, during broad daylight. Two 14-year-old boys and a 15-year-old have subsequently been charged with his murder
October 29th: Aren Mali, 17, from Kenley, stabbed to death in Croydon town centre
November 2nd: Michael Jonas 17, of Penge, repeatedly stabbed in Betts Park, Anerley, south east London
November 20th: Kacem Mokrane, 18, died in hospital four days after being stabbed in the stomach in Walthamstow
November 21st: Apprentice carpenter Jason Isaacs, 18, dies in hospital three days after being repeatedly stabbed by moped mounted thugs in Northolt
December 31st: An 18-year-old man stabbed to death in Enfield
December 31st: A 17-year-old boy stabbed in Tulse Hill.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5226091/Four-men-stabbed-death-London-New-Years-night.html#ixzz52wSw04Sx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Sutton stabbing: Police officer knifed in south London High Street while trying to detain man after robbery

Sean Morrison
1 hour ago
The Evening Standard

Sutton: A police officer was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in south London Google
A police officer was rushed to hospital after being knifed while trying to arrest a suspect following a robbery in south London, Scotland Yard has said.
The officer was stabbed in the leg while attempting to detain a man outside a High Street pub in Sutton on Tuesday evening.
Police were called to reports of a knife-point robbery in the nearby St James Road shortly before 7pm.

After a search of the area, officers identified the suspect who fled on foot before being detained on High Street.
The male officer suffered a stab wound to the leg and was rushed to a major trauma centre, London Ambulance Service said.
His injuries have been described as not life-threatening.

A man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and robbery.
He was taken to a south-west London police station where he remained in custody.
The alleged victim of robbery was also taken to hospital with minor injuries. He was not stabbed, police said.
Chief Superintendent Robyn Williams, Borough commander for Sutton, said: “Thankfully, incidents of this nature are rare. However, they highlight the risks officers face on a daily basis whilst carrying out their duties.
“Officers regularly run towards danger in order to protect the public; for one to be assaulted in such a way is totally unacceptable, and it is only by luck that his injuries were not more serious.
“Our thoughts are with the officer, his family and colleagues.”
Anyone who witnessed either the robbery or the stabbing and is yet to speak with officers is asked to contact police via 101. They can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

2018 bloodbath continues.

Ilford murder probe launched after woman stabbed to death in the street

Greg Wilford
35 minutes ago

The Evening Standard

Crime scene: Police in the street in Ilford after the incident NIGEL HOWARD
Police have launched a murder investigation after a woman was stabbed in the neck in a suburban street in east London.
The victim, 44, was found with critical injuries on a pavement yards away from a children’s nursery in Norfolk Road, Ilford, at 7.09pm on Wednesday.
Shocked witnesses described how the woman was lying in front of a row of terraced houses with “large gash wounds” to her neck.

Emergency services battled to save her but she was pronounced at the scene.
A 45-year-old man was arrested at an address in Newham on Thursday morning, Scotland Yard said.
One resident said: “I was at home when I heard this terrible scream, it didn’t seem real, I just thought it was kids messing around, then just a few minutes later I looked outside and there were all the police and paramedics. I think that scream must have been her.

“They did absolutely everything to try and save her, but they couldn’t.
“It’s such a horrible thing to happen.”
The woman was described by the witness as white, with light-coloured hair and a long coat.
“She just looked like someone who would have been coming home from work. It’s shocking,” he added.
Police in Redbridge cordoned off Norfolk Road and Cameron Road while they investigated the incident with colleagues from the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
The woman's next of kin have since been informed.
A forensics tent was set up at the scene of the killing across the road from a children’s nursery.
One woman who lives near the children’s home said: “I’m just gobsmacked, it’s very, very shocking. I’m very sorry for the poor girl.”
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called by London Ambulance Service (LAS) to Norfolk Road, Ilford at 19:09hrs on Wednesday, 3 January following reports of an unresponsive woman in the street.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found a 44-year-old woman with serious stab injuries. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 19:16hrs.
"Next of kin have been notified but formal identification awaits.
"A post-mortem examination will be held in due course."

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

2018 bloodbath continues.

Boy, 16, stabbed to death by Oxford river yards from children's playground as desperate joggers battled to save his life
A group of runners desperately tried to revive the boy after he was found "lying in a pool of blood" near the River Thames, a witness claims.

BySophie Evans
09:45, 4 JAN 2018Updated10:48, 4 JAN 2018
News

Police are pictured at the scene in Friars Wharf, Oxford (Image: Oxford Mail / SWNS.com)

A 16-year-old boy has died after being found stabbed near a river, police say.
Emergency crews were called to the scene in Friars Wharf, Oxford, last night following reports that a male had been discovered with stab wounds.

Officers and paramedics raced to the area and the teenager was taken to hospital. Despite medics' best efforts, he tragically died from his injuries.
Police have now launched a murder investigation - as a witness has described how a group of runners desperately battled to save the unnamed boy.
The witness, who was returning from work at the time, claimed the teenager was "lying in a pool of blood" under a bridge, with "stab wounds in his chest".
Did you see anything in the area? Email webnews@trinitymirror.com

A large cordon has been set up near the River Thames, with officers reportedly seen guarding two bridges (Image: Google Earth)

An eyewitness has described how a group of runners desperately battled to save the boy (Image: Oxford Mail / SWNS.com)
He recalled: "I was coming back from work. There was a young bloke on the floor under the bridge lying in a pool of blood.
"There were three or four runners trying to revive him."
He added: "I jumped off my bike to try and help and the runners were trying to revive him. They did not know what had happened.
"It's terrible and not what you expect to see on your way home from work."
Officers were called to the scene at about 7.55pm yesterday.
"They attended the scene along with the ambulance service and the boy was taken to hospital for treatment," Thames Valley Police said this morning.
Releasing a statement on the incident, the force added: "Sadly, he later died as a result of his injuries, and his next of kin have been informed.

Officers were called to the scene at about 7.55pm yesterday, police said (Image: Oxford Mail / SWNS.com)
"The victim is believed to be a 16-year-old boy from the Birmingham area."
A large cordon has since been set up near the River Thames in Friars Wharf, with officers seen guarding two bridges, the Oxford Mail reports.
The cordon has been set up near a children's playground and a block of flats.
Police said a 25-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man, both from Oxford, have been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The pair remain in police custody.
The force added: "Officers remain in the area, and a scene watch has been put in place while an investigation is carried out."
Police are now appealing for witnesses or people with information which could relate to the incident - "no matter how insignificant it may seem".

Police said a 25-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man, both from Oxford, have been arrested on suspicion of murder (Image: Oxford Mail / SWNS.com)
Senior Investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Howard, of Thames Valley Police's Major Crime Unit, said: “We are in the early stages of this investigation but we have already made two arrests.
“I understand that this incident will cause concern in the community, but I would like to reassure people that we are carrying out a full and thorough investigation.

“Members of the public can expect to see an increased police presence in the area in the coming days while our officers make enquiries.
“We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this incident, or who has any information which could relate to it, no matter how insignificant it may seem.
“If you have any details which you think could help our investigation, please call the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number on 101.”
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call 101. quoting reference '43180002807', or contact Crimestoppers anonymously

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Afternoon bloodbath.

Man stabbed to death inside Paddy Power bookmakers in middle of afternoon
Police have made an arrest after the man suffered "severe head injuries" in the bookmakers
80
Shares

ByRhian Lubin
14:00, 4 JAN 2018 Updated15:52, 4 JAN 2018
News

A man has been stabbed to death inside a Paddy Power bookmakers this afternoon.
The victim, thought to be a customer, was attacked at the bookies in Handsworth, Birmingham at around 12.45pm and police have arrested a man.

West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and said in a statement: "A man has been arrested following a stabbing in Paddy Power, Rookery Road, Handsworth at 12.45pm today.
"On arrival at the bookmakers, a man was found with severe head injuries.
"Due to the extent of his injuries, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The man died after suffering 'severe head injuries' (Image: SWNS.com)

A police cordon is in place (Image: SWNS.com)
Did you see what happened? Email webnews@trinitymirror.com
"At this stage, this is believed to be an isolated incident.
"A cordon is in place and enquiries are on-going.
"The road has been closed at Newcombe Road at the junction with Rookery Road. Buses are currently being diverted away from the area."

A witness said he saw flames also coming from the shop.
The business owner nearby said: "Detectives came and told me to shut my business because there had been a fatal incident at Paddy Power.

A cordon is in place outside the shop (Image: DESJADDOO/Twitter)

"There were loads of police everywhere. I could see smoke and what looked like flames coming from the bookies so at first I thought there had been a fire.
"My understanding is that someone burst into the bookies and tried to start a fire before the stabbing.
"They somehow ended up outside where the man died.
"The police were all over the area very quickly afterwards so staff must have alerted them as soon as it all kicked off inside.
"It's a terrible thing to happen. The guy could have gone inside for a lunchtime bet and gets killed.
"It's very sad and a worrying thing to happen in the middle of the day."

Mahnaad Hussain, who manages Paak Fancy Goods - opposite the bookmakers, told the Birmingham Mail: “The whole area is sealed off.
“We’re not sure exactly what has happened but police have asked us to lock up and stay inside.
“There is a tent outside the bookmakers and a lot of police - including armed officers - along Rookery Road.”
Pictures taken from witnesses at the scene show a blue forensics tent outside the shop and a heavy police presence.

Desmond Jaddoo wrote: "News of incident on Rookery Road Handsworth potential stabbing and loss of life."
A spokesman for Paddy Power said: "We are supporting the police with their inquiries and therefore can't comment any further at this stage."
Anyone with information is asked to call police 101.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Another stabbing on the 'safe' streets of London.

Man stabbed outside Tesco supermarket as spate of London knife attacks continues
Police confirmed they have been called to a knife attack in High Road, South Tottenham

ByJamie Bullen
21:46, 4 JAN 2018 Updated22:19, 4 JAN 2018
News

Armed police inside the supermarket (Image: @999London/Twitter)
A man has been stabbed outside a Tesco in North London.
Police confirmed they were called to a knife attack in High Road, Seven Sisters tonight at 8.20pm.

The victim was found with stab injuries and rushed to a hospital in East London.
Police said they are waiting for an update on his condition.
Pictures from the scene show armed officers inside and outside the supermarket amid a heavy police presence.

A knife has reportedly been found near the scene (Image: @999London/Twitter)

Witnesses claimed people were kept inside the Tesco, which shut following the stabbing.
London 999 Feed tweeted a picture of a knife which was reportedly found on the road.

The account also posted the stabbing took place inside the supermarket.

But a Met spokeswoman said the attack happened outside.

She said: "Police were called on Thursday, January 4 shortly before 8:20pm to reports of a stabbing in High Road, South Tottenham.
"Officers attended and found a male [no further details] with stab injuries.
"He has been taken to an east London hospital and we await an update on his condition."
No arrests have been made.
Mirror Online have approached Tesco for comment.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 8.19pm to High Road to reports of a stabbing.
“We sent an ambulance crew, a single responder in a car and an incident response officer.

“We treated a man at the scene and took him to a major trauma centre as a priority.”
The latest attack comes days after four young people were stabbed to death in the capital over the New Year period.
Scotland Yard confirmed the male victims - a 17-year-old, 18-year-old and a 20-year-old on New Year's Eve, and a 20-year-old in the early hours of Monday - all died as a result of their injuries.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

The 2018 bloodbath continues.

White City stabbing: Teenager 'in potentially life-threatening condition' after being knifed in west London

Ella Wills
10 hours ago
The Evening Standard

White City: A teenager has been seriously injured after being stabbed Google
A teenager has been left with "potentially life-threatening injuries" after he was stabbed in west London.
The young boy was found at Westway in White City after the attack on Friday.
He was taken to a west London hospital where he remains in surgery, and police await an update on his condition.

No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 5.54pm near to the junction with Bentworth Road.
A Met Office spokesman said: "Police were called at 5.54pm on Friday, January 5 to a report of a stabbing at Westway near the junction with Bentworth Road, White City.

"Officers and London Ambulance Service have attended.
"The victim, a male believed to be in his teens, was at the scene suffering a stab injury. We await an update on his condition.
"No arrests at this time; enquiries continue."

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Camden Market on lockdown as gang 'blows up cash machine' in attempted robbery

Patrick Grafton-Green
Francesca Gillett
4 minutes ago
The Evening Standard

Robbers had tried and failed to steal cash, police said. Adam Phillips
Camden Market is on lockdown after a gang tried to blow up a cash machine during an attempted robbery.
A swathe of the popular shopping area has been cordoned off by police while an investigation is carried out.
Videos posted on social media show officers telling people to move away from the area after the incident late on Sunday morning.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said a group used "low level explosives" but their attempts to steal cash had been unsuccessful.

Adam Phillips, who works in the market, told the Standard: "Police cordoned off the whole area and market security told us that they had used improvised explosives to try and blow the ATM but it hadn't gone off."
Joseph Thomas added: "The whole road was closed from just before Camden lock all the way up to the stables and police were evacuating people from the area saying for people to stay inside.

Crime scene: Police in Camden Market on Sunday (@CamdenBloggers/Twitter)
"Apparently they were attending the attempted robbery of an ATM."
Another person posted on Twitter: "Wanted to go for a run, whole of Camden road and the lock is closed. So many police and people scurrying."

Police said a crime scene has been put in place.
This story is being updated.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Mill Hill Broadway attack: Shop worker fighting for life after being assaulted by three men outside off licence

Francesca Gillett
4 hours ago
The Evening Standard

A large swathe of Mill Hill Broadway was cordoned off following the assault. Arc Media Group
A shop worker is fighting for his life after being attacked in the street in north London.
The employee, who is believed to work for grocery and off licence Rota Express on The Broadway in Mill Hill, Barnet, left his shop and went outside at shortly before midnight on Saturday.
He became involved in a dispute with three male suspects who then assaulted him, police said.

The victim, aged in his 40s, was taken to a hospital in central London where he remains in a life-threatening condition.

The attack happened outside Rota Express of the Broadway. (Google)
A large swathe of Mill Hill Broadway has been cordoned off and officers were still stationed on the shopping street on Sunday morning.
A woman working in a nearby coffee shop said three police cars were parked up at the scene at around 8am.

Another person on the street told the Standard: “The police say it is a crime scene and shops are not even allowed to access their premises. Residents are allowed in and out.

“It seems serious. One resident said they saw someone running off at that time and another shopkeeper said an ambulance was in attendance.”
Officers are currently contacting the man's next of kin as detectives from Barnet continue to investigate. No one has been arrested.
A spokesman for the Met said: "Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at approximately 11.45pm on Saturday, January 6 to reports of an injured man on The Broadway, NW7.
"Officers attended and established that the man was an employee at a local shop who had become involved in an altercation with three male suspects before being assaulted."

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Murder probe as woman, 27, found dead and man, 45, arrested at train station taken to hospital
The woman had suffered serious injuries and died at the scene despite paramedics' efforts to save her

ByChris kitching
11:06, 8 JAN 2018Updated12:06, 8 JAN 2018
News

A murder investigation is underway after a woman died from serious injuries and a man was arrested at a nearby train station and taken to hospital.
The woman, 27, was found at a property in Nailsea, Somerset, after police were called to reports that she had been injured.

She had suffered serious injuries and died at the scene despite paramedics' efforts to save her.
The man, 45, was arrested a short time later at nearby Nailsea and Backwell train station and is currently receiving treatment in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the property in Brendon Gardens shortly before 7am on Monday.

Officers arrested the man at the train station about half an hour later, and he was taken to hospital for treatment.
A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police said: "We've launched a murder investigation after a woman died at a property in Nailsea.
"Officers were called to Brendon Gardens shortly before 7am today following reports a woman had been injured.
"A 27-year-old woman was found inside the property with serious injuries and despite the efforts of paramedics, she died at the scene.
"Formal identification procedures have not yet taken place.
"A 45-year-old man was arrested a short time later at 7.30am at nearby Nailsea and Backwell train station and is currently receiving treatment in hospital.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

The slaughter continues.

Man stabbed to death near children's playground during rush hour in London's third fatal stabbing of 2018
Emergency crews were called to reports of an assault on Shakespeare Walk in Hackney, London, shortly before 6pm yesterday

By Sophie Evans
08:33, 9 JAN 2018 Updated 08:43, 9 JAN 2018
News

Emergency crews were called to reports of an assault on Shakespeare Walk in Hackney, London, yesterday evening (general view) (Image: Google Street View)

A man has died in hospital hours after being stabbed at rush hour, police say.
Emergency crews were called to reports of an assault on Shakespeare Walk in Hackney, London, shortly before 6pm yesterday.

The man, believed to be in his 30s, was found with stab injuries.
He was taken to an east London hospital by the London Ambulance Service, where he tragically died at 11.47pm.
Officers are in the process of informing his next of kin. There have been no arrests and an investigation has been launched.

The Metropolitan Police told Mirror Online: "A post-mortem examination will be held in due course; formal identification awaits.
"The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.

"There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
Shakespeare Walk, based in Stoke Newington, is home to an award-winning children's playground, which attracts kids aged six to 15.
The exact location of the reported assault is unclear.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Killed for a packet of fag papers.

Shopkeeper dad dies after being 'attacked by underage youths he refused to sell cigarette papers'
Police in north London have arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of murder.

By Steve Robson
00:35, 9 JAN 2018Updated00:52, 9 JAN 2018

The Rota Express shop in Mill Hill, north London, where a shop worker was attacked by three youths (Image: PA)

A shopkeeper has died after he was allegedly attacked by three youths when he refused to sell them cigarette papers.
Vijay Patel, 49, was punched once and suffered a fatal head injury as he fell to the floor in Mill Hill, north London.

Police have launched an investigation and said a 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder last night.
He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
The incident happened at a convenience shop when the three teenagers asked to buy Rizla cigarette papers at around 11.45pm on Saturday night.
A shop worker asked them for ID to prove they were over 18.
When they couldn't provide it, the group became "became aggressive, threatening to vandalise the shop", the Met police said.

Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of murder (Image: PA)
Mr Patel came to the aid of his colleague to protect the shop and was punched to the floor before the teenagers fled.
The shop worker was also punched and suffered minor injuries.
Mr Patel, a dad of two, was rushed to hospital but died on Sunday.
His family told how he moved to Britain from India in 2006 to pursue a better life for his family.
His brother, Prakash, 47, told the Daily Mail: "He was the greatest man in the world. He died trying to protect the shop."
Detective Inspector Ian Lott, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "At this stage we believe this to be an unprovoked spontaneous incident sparked entirely by refusal to let the suspects buy what they wanted.
"A man has lost his life for no reason other than trying to uphold the law. "

Police have launched a murder investigation in Mill Hill, north London (Image: PA)
"If you know who they are, or where they are, please get in touch and tell us their names.
"If you saw the three running away from The Broadway and where they went let us know.
"I would like to thank the witnesses who have already come forward and told us what they saw.
"However, I would still urge anyone who is yet to speak with us, or who has captured some of the incident on camera, to come forward to help us.
"If you saw something that may help but haven't yet spoken to police then please get in contact with us."
Detectives are continuing with house-to-house enquiries and capturing CCTV.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

Sadiq Khan reveals police will 'significantly' increase stop and search to tackle soaring knife crime

PIPPA CRERAR
Justin davenport
1 hour ago

The Evening Standard

Sadiq Khan today revealed that police will “significantly” increase the use of stop and search to tackle soaring knife crime on London’s streets.
The Mayor promised a “tougher crackdown” this year with the Met “ramping up” the fight against violent crime.
It comes on the day that an 18-year-old died in hospital after being beaten in a fight in Chislehurst last night.

New figures also showed that the number of violent acid attacks in London has soared by more than 78 per cent over the last two years with a huge increase in the number of victims.
Mr Khan said more intelligence-led stop and search was a “vital tool” to keeping the capital’s communities safe.

It is hoped body-worn video cameras will give the public more confidence (Metropolitan Police)
The Mayor has been under intense pressure over his record on knife crime since New Year, when four young Londoners were stabbed to death in unrelated incidents.

The pledge to step up stop and search represents a shift in position from Mr Khan who promised before he was elected to “do all in my power” to drive down the controversial tactic.
City Hall insiders said he still had concerns about its dramatic effect on communities, with public confidence in the police undermined if Londoners are stopped and searched for no good reason.
Met Commissioner Cressida Dick has said that more stop and search could help reduce knife crime while many frontline officers believe its decline has been a factor in the recent knife crime epidemic.

Police at the scene of a fatal stabbing in Stoke Newington earlier this week (@999London)
Senior officers and City Hall also hope that the roll-out of body-worn cameras will give the public more confidence that the tactic is being used properly and protect against accusations of racism and unfairness.

As Mayor, I promise to rise to the challenge of tackling knife crime
Writing in the Standard today, Mr Khan said: “The Met Commissioner, Cressida Dick, and I are in full agreement that the Met must continue to ramp up their fight against violent crime.
“Londoners will see a tougher crackdown throughout 2018. This will include a significant increase in the use of targeted stop and search by the police across our city”.
The Mayor, who was stopped and searched himself as a teenager growing up in South London, added: “I know from personal experience that when done badly, stop and search can cause community tensions.
“But when based on real intelligence, geographically focused and performed professionally, it is a vital tool for the police to keep our communities safe.
“It will allow the police to target and arrest offenders, take the weapons they carry off our streets and stop these attacks from happening.”
The Met dramatically reduced the number of random stop and searches in 2012 in an effort to improve relations with black and ethnic minority communities.

Read more
Dad of stab victim: our children are slaying each other over nothing
The Home Office is still putting pressure on police chiefs to reform the practice after the latest figures showed that nationwide black people were dramatically more likely to be targeted by officers than white people.
Overall use of stop and search has fallen by 21 per cent in the last year to just under 304,000 incidents across England and Wales, the lowest number since 2002. At the same time violent crime has soared.
However, the Tories described Mr Khan’s record as “a disgrace” and cited figures from the Mayor’s Office of Policing and Crime which showed knife crime was up 31.3 per cent year-on-year between 2015/16 and 2016/17.
Tory Assembly member Steve O’Connell, who advised Boris Johnson on policing, said: “Sadiq Khan has sat idle whilst knife crime and other youth violence has reached near-record levels on London’s streets.
“He previously said he would do everything in his power to reduce stop and search. Only now, with politicians from all parties pleading with him to act, is he pressing ahead.
“The Mayor’s weak approach has sent a message to carriers of knives that they will get away with it. Four people were stabbed to death over New Year. The Mayor’s answer? Ask more schools to introduce metal detectors.
“We need strong measures and severe deterrents, as well as a long-term preventative strategy that tackles the root cause of this issue. Only after the deaths of 80 people in 2017 is the Mayor finally realising his policies are costing lives.”

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

A bit late for this victim.

Murder probe is launched after teenager, 18, dies after a 'street fight' in a wealthy commuter-belt suburb
The teenager died following a fight in Chislehurst, Kent on Tuesday evening
18-year-old was found in a garden by police and taken to hospital where he died
No arrests made and Metropolitan Police have launched a murder investigation
By Amie Gordon For Mailonline
Published: 12:06, 10 January 2018 | Updated: 12:52, 10 January 2018

Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a teenager died following a fight in the street in an upmarket village.
Police and paramedics were called to Empress Drive in Chislehurst, Kent shortly after 9pm on Tuesday.
An 18-year-old was found injured in a garden and taken to a south London hospital where he died at 8am this morning, police confirmed.
No arrests have been made and the teenager's family have been informed of his death.

Police could be seen today at the scene of the fatal attack today in Chislehurst, Kent
The attack took place in a quiet road behind the high street and the teenager has not been formally identified by police.
One 37-year-old witness said: 'It happened opposite us and he was found in a garden. I don't know how he got there but I am sure he didn't live there.
'It is very sad seeing how they worked on him. They did CPR on him. They brought him out and all I could see was his socks. I knew he was a youngster from the look of him.'

Murder squad detectives say no arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.

DCI Tim Wright from the Met Police Homicide and Major Crime Command said: 'We understand that neighbours and people passing through the area witnessed the incident on Tuesday evening.
'We are keen to speak to all witnesses and would encourage them to come forward as soon as possible.
'A young man has lost his life and we are doing everything we can to piece together what took place.'

The 18-year-old was found in a garden along the quiet road on Tuesday evening
A Met Police spokesman added: 'His next of kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course. Formal identification awaits.
'Detectives from Bromley and the Homicide and Major Crime Command continue to deal with the incident. '
Anyone with information concerning this incident is requested to call police via 101 quoting reference 7419/9Jan or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5254151/Murder-probe-launched-teenager-18-dies.html#ixzz53my9F8RK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Real Britain

Good job he suggested it and not a Tory,half the country would be having meltdown if not worse.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

He didn't want to agree with it, let alone suggest it but the continuing bloodbath ensures that something has to be done about it. The Mayor of London can not be seen to stand idly by whilst the streets of London are turned into a war zone.

I'm sure the very suggestion of increased stop and search will stick in his gullet but it is becoming increasingly obvious that without such measures nobody will be safe to walk the streets.

The police can stop and search me anytime they wish.

Re: Real Britain

fred
No in hindsight he wouldn’t have done.
They tried this locally around parts of Camberwell,Brixton and Stockwell in the early seventies,but the “ community leaders had it quietly shelved”
Appeasement doesn’t work,but proper policing and long sentences would be a start.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch

"Met Commissioner Cressida Dick has said that more stop and search could help reduce knife crime while many frontline officers believe its decline has been a factor in the recent knife crime epidemic."

This edict has come from the top of the Met.

Mr Khan is just a puppet and has had to agree to do something about it to make himself look good.
They are still all playing political football. Let's wait and see how this goes.

The thing I find so sad is that a lot of the people moaning about stop and search, are the ones that have, or eventually will, lose someone close to them through this mindless violence.

Better to be a so-called victim of racial profiling, rather than a victim of an indiscriminate knifing.

Of course, that's a personal opinion and some would say I'm confused.

Re: Real Britain

fred
About as confused as the vast majority of the population crying out for something to be done.

Re: Real Britain

confused of hornchurch
Crime figures continue to fall.

LIFE OF CRIME Cops find boy of TWELVE carrying heroin, a large knife, a wad of cash and two phones
The youngster was being hunted for a string of other crimes when he was collared by officers in Basildon, Essex, on Monday
By Rob Pattinson
12th January 2018, 8:58 pm Updated: 13th January 2018, 11:15 am
A BOY of TWELVE was found by police carrying heroin, a large knife, a wad of cash and two phones.
The youngster was being hunted for a string of other crimes when he was collared by officers on Monday.

A boy aged 12 was found by police carrying heroin, a large knife, a wad of cash and two phones
He was held on suspicion of planning to sell the drugs in Basildon, Essex.
It makes the lad — who was on bail at the time — one of the youngest suspected dealers in Britain.

Following the arrest Crime Scene Investigation officer Vikki Jones tweeted: “Pretty sure he wasn’t popping to the shops for lunch . . . #onlycowardscarry.”
Data from 2017 shows eight police forces arrested teens as young as 13 on suspicion of carrying class A drugs with intent to supply.

The boy was also found carrying a huge blade

Caroline Shearer — founder of the Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness Charity — said: “We know of kids as young as eight carrying knives and dealing drugs in Essex.
“It’s easy money for them. They are groomed by gangs and think they are soldiers.”
Essex Police said: “A 12-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs, possession of a knife and breach of bail conditions. He was later released under investigation.”
1 ... 106107108109110111112 ... 142