Pair stabbed businessman to death after he refused to hand over keys to his Mercedes in carjacking that would have earned them just £500
Rory Gordon, 23, and Jae'Don Fearon, 21, attacked Harjinder Singh Bhurji
Mr Bhurji had refused to hand over keys to treasured Mercedes SLK coupe
He was left lying by the side of the road dying after he was stabbed in heart
Jurors unanimously found Gordon guilty of murder at the Old Bailey
Fearon was convicted of manslaughter after found not guilty of murder
By Amanda Williams
Published: 21:03, 30 April 2014 | Updated: 22:48, 30 April 2014
Two men have been found guilty of stabbing a businessman to death in a botched carjacking which would only have earned them £500.
Rory Gordon, 23, and Jae'Don Fearon, 21, attacked Harjinder Singh Bhurji, 32, after he refused to hand over the keys to his treasured Mercedes SLK coupe.
The attack ended with Mr Bhurji getting stabbed in the heart, and left dying on the side of the road in Ilford, Essex, in the early hours of September 13 2011, as the pair drove off.
Rory Gordon , 23 has been convicted of murdering Harjinder Singh Bhurji in Ilford
Fearon was convicted of his manslaughter after being found not guilty of murder
Rory Gordon, 23, and Jae'Don Fearon, 21, attacked Harjinder Singh Bhurji, 32, after he refused to hand over the keys to his treasured Mercedes SLK coupe
Jurors unanimously found Gordon guilty of murder at the Old Bailey, while Fearon was convicted of his manslaughter after being found not guilty of murder.
A third defendant, Andre Campbell, 23, was found guilty of a charge of handling stolen goods after exchanging the victim's iPhone for £100.
Adjourning sentencing to May 27, Judge Michael Topolski told Gordon: 'You have been convicted of a brutal murder of a innocent man.
'A brutal murder committed with a knife in the course of a commission of a crime, and all for perhaps £500.'
He said he would need to consider what minimum life sentence term to impose, adding: 'That time in circumstances such as these is a very significant one indeed.'
The attack ended with Mr Bhurji getting stabbed in the heart, and left dying on the side of the road
The trial had earlier heard that Mr Bhurji was parked in Stoneleigh Road, Ilford, talking to a female friend when the carjackers suddenly struck,.
Local crime figures continue their downward spiral. (that's why we no longer need all those police stations)
Scared attacker ‘handed himself in after Harold Hill pub fight’
The Alderman pub in Harold Hill (Picture: Steve Poston)
by Sebastian Mann Thursday, May 1, 2014
7:00 PM (Romford Recorder)
A frightened knifeman handed himself in to police after slashing a 19-year-old man in the face during a fight outside a Harold Hill pub, it has emerged.
The attack – the latest in a series of violent incidents at The Alderman pub – resulted in its recent three-week closure as council officers and police reviewed its licence.
The stabbing took place at about 11pm on March 31, a police submission to Havering Council’s licensing sub-committee said.
After the incident, the 42-year-old man rang police thinking it was “a safer option” than remaining on the streets waiting for a revenge attack.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his face, from his eyebrow to his nose, and a wound from his nose to his mouth.
Several days after his arrest, the man remained voluntarily in custody fearing patrons at the Chippenham Road pub may seek “violent retribution”.
Over the past year, the pub has seen assaults involving a variety of weapons, including golf clubs, baseball bats and metal bars, the police report said.
For these reasons, police sought a review of the pub’s licence, which came to a head last week when the council applied new “strict conditions”.
The pub was closed from April 4 to 24 after its licence was suspended.
The new licence includes measures requiring that the designated premises supervisor, or alcohol licence holder, is always present when alcohol is sold and that “no alcohol is dispensed directly by one person into the mouth of another” except in special circumstances.
A Havering Council spokesman said: “These strict conditions were suggested by Cubitt Taverns Ltd themselves to address their own on-going concerns at the pub.
“We expect those issues can be resolved by the time the premises returns to its normal opening hours.”
The Recorder was unable to reach The Alderman pub for a comment. But, in a submission to the committee, Anne and James Cubitt, speaking on behalf of the pub stated: “We would like to make it clear that our intention always has, and always will be, to comply with the licensing objective…”
They took responsibility but believed they had taken “reasonable precautions” to prevent issues arising.
(I may take the family up there at the weekend to watch the bare-knuckle fighting)
Toddler, three, wanders out of his nursery onto 50mph dual carriageway (and is luckily saved by quick-thinking motorist) but nursery REFUSES to apologise for escape
Toddler allegedly walked out of the nursery in Romford, Essex
Three-year-old found 50 yards away on a dual carriageway by a passer-by
A spokesman at Juneberries Day Nursery refused to apologised
Havering Council confirmed it is investigating the incident
By Steph Cockroft
Published: 16:19, 2 May 2014 | Updated: 18:34, 2 May 2014
A nursery is under investigation after a toddler apparently wandered out from the premises and ran across an 'extremely dangerous' dual carriageway.
The curious toddler walked out of Juneberries Day Nursery in Romford, Essex, and allegedly ran across three lanes of 50mph traffic on the A12.
It was only when a terrified passer-by saw the young boy, about 50 yards away from the nursery, that his adventure came to an end.
A toddler from Juneberries Day Nursery, above, allegedly escaped from the centre and ran 15 yards to a busy dual carriageway
A spokesman for Havering Council said it was 'hugely concerned' about the incident, which allegedly took place on Friday last week.
The spokesman confirmed the nursery - which closed this week to have 'urgent construction work' - is now being probed by a joint team from Ofsted, the council and the police.
But amazingly, the nursery refused to publicly apologise for the mess - which could have cost a young child his life.
This provision is good Effective partnerships are built with parents to promote consistency in children's care, learning and development. There are good observation and assessment records in place to track children's progress. Children benefit from a healthy free-flow snack system to enable them to think about their own personal needs and gain an understanding of healthy eating. Children benefit from close interactions with staff to support their transitions and sense of belonging. Children benefit from FRESH AIR AND DAILY PHYSICAL OUTDOOR PLAY to promote their well- being.
Can I assume that the outdoor play is supervised in a fenced play area?
Or do I assume too much?
The vandals have been out again on Hacton Parade. The council has recently tried to improve this area by planting some new silver birch trees on the roundabout, but I notice today that some mindless moron has already snapped one in half.
Crime continues its downward spiral and Burglar gets a pain in his b-------.
Elderly man gagged and injured during burglary at Hornchurch home - but he managed to kick one attacker in genitals
Hayley Anderson Tuesday, May 6, 2014
The 86-year-old, a retired doctor and barrister who also served in the armed forces, was at his home in Wood Lane, Hornchurch, when at around 10.15am, he heard the doorbell ring.
He answered the door to a man who barged into his house with an imitation firearm.
A second man entered the house and during an attack made by the two men, the victim managed to try and defend himself by kicking one of the assailants in the genitals.
But pensioner was gagged with a tea towel and the men stole a number of items before leaving the house.
Items taken included a 9ct gold Parker Flame pen, a Longines gold watch with a discoloured face, a silver ring with horizontally set amethyst, a pale blue stone and gold earrings, as well as imitation Rolex and Tag watches.
The victim was taken to an east London hospital as he was left with bruising under his right eye, cuts to his left fingers, and a bruised left knee but he has since been discharged.
The suspects were both described as being dark-skinned Eastern European men in their early to mid 20s.
The first man was said to be well-built, wearing a cream coloured hooded top, cream coloured tracksuit bottoms and white coloured trainers, while the second of the men was of medium build and wearing dark clothing.
DC Anoushka Dunic, of Havering Police said: “This was a vicious attack on an elderly man and I would appeal for anyone who may have seen these two males in the area at the time of the incident or if they have been offered the items to contact us immediately.”
Anyone with information can call Romford CID on 01708 779 264 or the police non-emergency line on 101 or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Man stabbed in Nando’s at The Brewery Shopping Centre, Romford
The scene at The Brewery in Romford after the stabbing The scene at The Brewery in Romford after the stabbing
Sam Gelder and Sam Blewett Friday, May 9, 2014
6:05 PM (Romford Recorder)
A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in Nando’s restaurant at The Brewery Shopping Centre.
Police were called at 4.50pm today and arrested one man at the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital by air ambulance and the shopping centre has been shut and cordoned off by police.
Jessie Benchrifa, 29, of Hood Road, Rainham, saw the victim propped up against a photobooth.
“He looked like just a kid,” she said. “He was black, wearing a white T-shirt, and blue jeans.
“It was awful, especially at that time in the afternoon. He was laying there unconscious, he wasn’t awake or talking to anyone.
“There was a girl next to him trying to talk to him and there were lots of paramedics there and blood on his shirt.”
Air ambulance crews landed on top of the centre’s car park before treating the victim.
@RobynWallace_ posted on Twitter that she saw the victim lying on the floor: “Boy laying stabbed in the Brewery in Romford. So scary that it even happens in broad daylight. Hope he’s ok.”
The only recovery we have is in the Building sector And that is down to the government subsidising mortgages to people who can't really afford there properties we had a world wide financial crash because of that But hey ho Barrats and the like Pay into the Tory party so what dose it matter when interest rates go up after the election the repossessions can be sold
Rainham mum pleads with carjackers not to drive off with five-year-old son
by Sam Blewett, Reporter Friday, May 16, 2014
7:00 AM (Romford Recorder)
A terrified mother was forced to plea with masked carjackers disguised as police not to take her five-year-old son as they attempted to steal her brand new £30,000 BMW with him in it.
The woman from Rainham, in her 20s, was driving her son home at night last Friday (May 9) as he needed his medication for a rare heart disorder.
At about 10.30 she pulled over to a dark coloured car with blue flashing lights on Dagenham Road, Dagenham, her believing it to be an unmarked police car.
She pulled over and opened her door and was approached by a group of men with thick Irish accents who demanded her to get out of her car. One of them stuck his foot in the door to prevent her shutting it.
The mother, who did not want to be named due to fear of reprisals, spoke to the Recorder about the ordeal.
“I pleaded don’t hurt me, I’m on my own with my child,” she said.
“I screamed ‘I’ve got my little boy in the car’.
“It was awful, my heart sunk and I kept thinking what if they hit me and drive off with my son in the car, what could’ve happened? It makes me feel sick thinking of it. It was terrifying.”
At that point the would-be carjackers bickered among themselves.
“One was being quite nice and said ‘let her go she’s got a baby in the car’ but the other said ‘just get on with it’.
“If I didn’t have my little boy they would have definitely hurt me to get me out of my car.”
They made her promise not to call the police before speeding off in their car.
She bravely drove off to her mother’s house where she promptly called the police.
Her son had been asleep the whole time and still does not know anything happened.
“I was in a complete state of shock,” the victim said.
“My son has a life-threatening condition and needs his tablets from home. It would’ve been serious without his tablets.
“I hope they catch them before they target someone else.
“I won’t be out late at night driving any more.”
A police spokesman said: “Police would advise any driver who is concerned about stopping at the request of another car to continue to drive to a public place before stopping or to drive to a police station.
“It is not believed to be the car stolen in Brentwood last month.”
Police sent officers and a helicopter to search for suspects but have made no arrests.
Contact Havering CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have any information.
Mum's fury at Dulwich nursery as stranger finds toddler wandering shoeless along road
Roaming: two-year-old Romeo Chudasama with his mother Rekha (Picture: ITV)
Updated: 08:32, 16 May 2014
A toddler was found wandering alone in the middle of the road after walking unnoticed out of a London nursery.
Romeo Chudasama was picked up by a passing driver who stopped when she spotted the 23-month-old walking shoeless along the road.
She knocked the doors of nearby houses before trying Oak Tree Nursery, in East Dulwich, about 50 metres away, where she said staff had not realised he had gone missing.
Today his mother Rekha said she was furious and had not taken Romeo back since, which has led to other parents boycotting the nursery which cares for children from birth to five years at the United Reformed Church in Tell Grove.
Bus driver Ms Chudasama, 39, told the Standard: “I was at work when I got the call to say what had happened. I couldn’t believe it. I went straight to the nursery and was told he had escaped but it was only as he was brought back that they realised it.
Apologetic: the bus driver who found Romeo said that the nursery said they were "very sorry" “The nursery owner said she was very sorry but she said mistakes do happen. I know accidents happen. If my son had hurt himself while at nursery I would have dealt with it. He is a very active child and very outgoing, and he loves jumping around. But I can’t forgive them for letting a child go for a walk in the road.
“Nobody knows how long he was alone for. Luckily the road wasn’t busy at the time but anything could have happened to him. When you leave your child in the care of a nursery you expect them to be kept safe.”
Louise Tarrant told ITV News how she was “shocked” when she spotted the little boy as she drove down the road last week.
She said: “I was completely shocked and thinking ‘where are this child’s parents?’ I picked him up and said ‘Mummy? Daddy?’ But he just looked at me.
“I went knocking on the doors asking if anyone recognised this little boy. I only did what any other person would have done.”
While Ms Chudasama waits for Romeo, who has since celebrated his second birthday, to start at a new nursery she has taken unpaid leave to care for him at home.
She said: “It has been a very traumatic experience and no matter where I leave my son in future I will always be wary where he is. I can’t thank Louise enough.”
She wrote about her experience on an internet forum and other parents have since added posts about security at the nursery, which has a ‘good’ Ofsted rating.
On its website, Oak Tree is described as offering: “a warm, friendly, caring and stimulating environment, leaving you peace at mind in knowing that your child’s needs are of a priority to us at all times.”
A spokeswoman for the nursery today refused to comment.
Woman, 38, arrested on suspicion of murder after 20-year-old female is knifed to death in London
Incident took place as the woman walked through Edmonton, north London
She was found with stab wounds and died later in hospital, police say
Woman, 38, who was known to the victim, arrested on suspicion of murder
By Steph Cockroft
Published: 19:19, 1 June 2014 | Updated: 08:34, 2 June 2014
A murder inquiry has been launched after a 20 year-old woman was knifed to death as she walked through north London early this morning.
The young woman, who has not yet been named, was rushed to hospital after she was stabbed in the stomach in Edmonton.
A 38-year-old woman from London, who police say was known to the victim, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
A murder inquiry has been launched after a 20-year-old woman was knifed in the stomach as she walked through Edmonton, north London early this morning
Police say officers and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service were called to the scene just after 12.20am, after reports that a woman had been stabbed.
The incident took place on Grove Street at the junction with Fore Street, close to the centre of Edmonton. The area is north of Tottenham, in the London borough of Enfield.
The woman was taken to a hospital in east London but died shortly afterwards.
The 38-year-old suspect was arrested almost immediately after the stabbing.
The incident took place on Grove Street on the junction with Fore Street in Edmonton, north of Tottenham in the London borough of Enfield
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they were now trying to contact the victim's next of kin.
He said formal identification had not yet taken place and a post-mortem examination would be arranged in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are now urging anyone with information about the incident to come forward.
Those with information should phone 020 8345 3865 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.