RIP

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Some of her girls would take Green Shield stamps as well as luncheon vouchers but I suppose most people on this site are too young to remember them?

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu dies

The rugby world is mourning the death of the former New Zealand winger, who has passed away unexpectedly at the age 40.

Rugby players didn't come any better than this guy.

Re: RIP

I remember them well. Also Co-op stamps. An old lady next door to me saved all hers up for about 20 years to pay for her funeral. When she did pass away her husband took them to to Co-op undertaker who told him they were no good as they'd stopped taking them a while back.

Re: RIP

Percy
I still have some coop coins they used to issue their own money so you had to shop with them to redeem it.Never mind loyalty you had no choice.

Re: RIP

Barbara Matthews
I can still remember my mother's co-op number thanks to the thousands of errands I had to do!

Re: RIP

dalek1
There used to be a lot of silly incentives in those days.
Buy 4 gallons of juice for the motor and get a free tumbler. WOW!
Or my favourite was the world cup coins for the 1970 Mexico tournament.
I got them all bar Geoff Hurst.
My dad was always filling his motor up for me to get my Bobby Moore and Alan Mullery token.
The worst ones was fag coupons.
Banned now but totally immoral at the time. Smoke 80 fags a day and get a free Parker pen just in time to write out your will as you were on your way out through a smoking related illness.

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Sir Terry Wogan dies aged 77

Re: RIP

dalek1
Frank Finlay.
A fine and very underrated actor.

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Comedian Victoria Wood has died aged 62 after a short battle with cancer.

Re: RIP

bellend
so sad real talent, Victoria filled the albert hall for 15 consecutive nights no one else could ever do that. a real English rose.

Re: RIP

GAZZER
Yes she was a great talented lady.

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

'Don't waste your prayers on me yet': 57-year-old singer's last words from a stage on Saturday - just days before he died at his Minnesota estate after suffering from 'severe flu'

Prince dead aged 57
'The world lost a lot of magic!' Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and Demi Lovato lead tributes to Prince as celebrities express shock and sadness at music icon's passing

Prince makes surprise appearance at dance event 'to prove he's alive and well' hours after being rushed to hospital

Prince has died aged 57 at his estate in Minnesota. Paramedics were called to his Paisley Park studio at 9.43 this morning. Forensics teams and a medical examiner are at the scene now (pictured right). Prince was hospitalized six days ago with flu symptoms after his private jet made an emergency landing in Illinois on Friday morning. He had had been suffering from flu for a number of weeks and was believed to be recovering, but took a turn for the worse in the early hours of Friday. He was treated for three hours before being released, then went onto make an appearance at a dance party in Minnesota on Saturday where he didn't perform, but did take to the stage to tell fans who were worried about his health to 'wait a few days before you waste any prayers'. The moment, believed to be the last picture taken of The Purple One, is pictured top right. The Purple Rain hit-maker's last concert was at The Fox Theatre in Atlanta on last Thursday night - the second of two back to back sold out shows - and had seemed 'fine' during the concert, according to audience members.

Re: RIP

Re: RIP

dalek1

Not forgetting Choppers the Chimp aka Ada from the PG Tips ads.

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

Me And Mrs Jones Singer Billy Paul Has Died

The singer won a Grammy for best rhythm 'n blues male vocal performance following the release of his hit ballad in 1972.

08:24, UK,
Monday 25 April 2016

Billy Paul, the soul singer best known for the ballad Me And Mrs Jones, has died aged 80.

Paul's co-manager, Beverly Gay, said he died at his home in Blackwood, New Jersey, on Sunday.

Paul had been recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, Ms Gay said.

Re: RIP

confused of hornchurch

I used to love the bit where he jumped out of the fridge to scare the inspector. One funny man!

Burt Kwouk, Pink Panther star, dies aged 85

19 minutes ago

 From the section Entertainment & Arts

Burt Kwouk, who was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau's manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 85.

He appeared in seven Pink Panther films opposite Peter Sellers as Clouseau's servant who regularly attacked his employer to keep him alert.

He also starred in BBC sitcom Last of the Summer Wine from 2002 to 2010.

Born in Manchester but raised in Shanghai, the actor was awarded an OBE in the 2011 New Year Honour List.

A statement issued by his agent said: "Beloved actor Burt Kwouk has sadly passed peacefully away. The family will be having a private funeral but there will be a memorial at a later date."

Re: RIP

Ho-Hum
Muhammad Ali has died aged 74 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's disease.

The legendary boxer - widely regarded as the best of all time - died with his family at his side on Friday evening, a day after he was rushed to hospital with difficulty breathing.

Re: RIP

bellend
https://youtu.be/SMzj5QlhZ7E

Re: RIP

Phil Wailing
Ahhh, the memories.

Re: RIP

He was a great man-boxing genius and legend!!